• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 has a day-one update larger than game itself

iNvid02

what a wasted opportunity, but not a huge surprise considering how that HD version turned out. RIP tony hawk franchise

whalesex

Neo Member
I think the saddest part about this game is how much effort they put in to promoting it. The developers had to sit and lie through their teeth the entire time the camera was on.... That, or they're incredibly delusional.

BibiMaghoo

Obligatory

kill%20me.png

DarkOneX

From watching an early US twitch stream of this game yesterday before the patch the only things the guy could do was play the tutorial and create a park, he said the other stuff wouldn't run until the patch was out so I suspect that's why it's so big.

tioslash

Someone PLEASE play this through from start to finish without the patch. We need to know.

That´s just mean.

From watching an early US twitch stream of this game yesterday before the patch the only things the guy could do was play the tutorial and create a park, he said the other stuff wouldn't run until the patch was out so I suspect that's why it's so big.

Seriously? lol

Psyren

Goodlawd... no fucks given by these dev/pubs, but i expected this console gen to end up like this, with or without Microsoft's help...

DirtyLarry

So not even kidding I preordered the game (explained why in previous threads) and if it arrives at my house in time today I planned on checking it out without the ability to download any patches as I have a Verizon FIOS upgrade being installed at my house today and since they need to install a whole new box and also a few additional Ethernet lines their tech said I'd be down most of the day.
So if I get the game in the mail early enough I planned on playing it without the ability to download any patches.

EDIT: Damn just read the comments saying I won't be able to play. Oh well.

AdanVC

This title is a true example of modern gaming:

-A title that needs to meet a deadline so it's rushed on pretty much everything so it can be launched in time.
-Everything in the game looks half-assed, with tons of bugs and ugly af.
-Insanely big day one updates bigger than the game itself.
-No reviews before game's launch wich is a clear indicator that the game is an absolute mess and the publisher knows it so they will try at least to have some profit with day one purchases before the game gets killed and trashed with the upcoming reviews.
-And despite all of that, the game is still at full price.

God damn it why they had to apply that with this franchise :'(

koutoru

Gameplay on youtube so far and conan looks nothing like this... watch it be an entirely different game after patch lol
At this rate it will need to be an entirely different game to impress people.
But hey, with a patch bigger than the game itself, they could actually achieve replacing the entire game.

rhino4evr

I apologize for breaking up the picthfork ralley, but is it Possible that the day one patch includes all the music in the game? It's possible they couldn't get all the licensing in place before shipment. Just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

collige

Banned
I apologize for breaking up the picthfork ralley, but is it Possible that the day one patch includes all the music in the game? It's possible they couldn't get all the licensing in place before shipment. Just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

The announced the tracklist a few weeks ago iirc. It would be pretty ridiculous to confirm that songs are in a game before the contract is signed.

Decided to take the Redbox plunge with the free rental coupon. I will only need one night!
Will post all the glitches on YouTube.

Top Bottom