• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not a troll thread: better on Xbox One?

So, I really don't want to get all console war with a thread, and this could be dangerous, so please be kind.

I am going to most likely be going for an Xbox to plug in next to my PS4 with the Black Friday deals for the One this year. My question is simply, is there any games clearly a better purchase on One for any reason? It has killer exclusives that make it worth owning no matter what, but is there any must have over the PS4 version games?

DSix

Banned
Pretty much all multiplatform games are better on PS4.

With that said nothing stops you from getting a One if you really like its exclusives.

If you're talking about multiplat games then no, PS4 games are all either on Par or better from what I know.

The witcher 3 used to sway towards x1 but with the latest patches PS4 version performs better.

Alchemy

I thought there were a few random cases like Assassins Creed Unity that managed to hold a slightly better framerate on the XBO? Its definitely the exception to the rule though.

All multiplatform games are better on PS4.

With that said nothing stops you from getting a One if you really like its exclusives.

Honestly the One is a lock. They have done a lot right and finally have exclusives I need. Just wanted to know if there was anything to watch for in terms of multi plats because everyone always assumes PS4 is the better option 100% of the time. Just making sure I'm not missing something going down that road of all multis for PS4.

Bring on the dual console life. (Well tri .. Got that Wii U launch unit if it counts)

The only things I play on my x1.

Mcc
Halo 5
Creed black flag was free
Killer instinct 2

I'll eventually play a few of the older games when they are found for really cheap like rise and sunset.

There isn't a whole lot of must plays or have on either console for now. There are a few third party games but even a lot of those are a bit disappointing and not a lot of new stuff.

I'm just hoping to get something beyond gears, forza, fallout, nfs, creed etc

Next year is looking up for me a bit. Deus ex will hopefully be top tier.

IbukiLordSA

From what I have heard and read it seems like every mulitplatform game performs better on PS4.

I don't have games on both systems so have never experienced for myself, I only buy multiplatform games on PS4 and the X1 is pretty much only used for exclusive titles.

Card Boy

Banned
I got both. I honestly just use the XBO purely for exclusives. The only multi-platform games I have for are from GWG and EA Access. Everything else I instantly buy for PS4 instead. Hasn't failed me so far.

Velurian

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

well here are the games with resolutions/framerates.
you will see the list of exclusives there so its up to you decide whats worth it and whats not.
the resolutions on the xbox side I would take with grain of sault as it would seem they are putting in the table the possible maximum resolution in case the games resolution is dynamic and thats not fair since it does not in most cases make for a better overall average experience. basically 99% of games should run better (look nicer at same fps or have higher fps). the fisual quality is in the same ball park ofc , but still, if you ask it like that...

The only things I play on my x1.

Mcc
Halo 5
Creed black flag was free
Killer instinct 2

I'll eventually play a few of the older games when they are found for really cheap like rise and sunset.

There isn't a whole lot of must plays or have on either console for now. There are a few third party games but even a lot of those are a bit disappointing and not a lot of new stuff.

I'm just hoping to get something beyond gears, forza, fallout, nfs, creed etc

Next year is looking up for me a bit. Deus ex will hopefully be top tier.

I'm wanting to replay old Halo memories with MCC now that it's less of a mess and Halo 5 is here for the multiplayer fix. Gears is why I got my first HDTV even though I never really cared for the sequels. My biggest "ok I need one" is honestly Cuphead. I have insanely high hopes that probably will come up short but I can't get enough YouTube vids of that game.

Sunset Overdrive was never a console seller for me but it looks like a great "if you have a one, get that game" type experience.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The one I know for sure is RE:Revelations 2, which runs at the same resolution but at a better framerate on XB1.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-resident-evil-revelations-2-face-off
(or was this patched at some point?)

Strider had no AF on PS4, but it had on XB1, so that's another.

I think Assasins creed Unity is better on XBO
It used to run better on XB at the initial release, but after the few patches the performance became identical or even slightly better on PS4. I remember after all the patches were done, there was some video where he walked through the crowd, and the fps was slightly higher on PS4 (but still below 30FPS).

mike4001_

Graphics wise => No (maybe with the exception of AC: Unity)

You could argue that Xbox Live is more reliable, better speech quality on party chat and so on.

Madness

Well PS4 is factually superior hardware. So I don't know what to tell you. Barring some developer issue, you're going to see better resolutions and framerates on the PS4.

Many people buy certain games on Xbox One that complement MS strengths like better online servers and services, a better controller for shooters (you can say this is debateable) etc. I know people with both consoles and yet they'll still buy games like Call of Duty, Battlefront for Xbox One solely for the controller or the shooter community. Who knows.

I think a very small subset of games benefit from the higher processor clock of the Xbox One? And additionally for some people having better frame rates at a lower resolution may be better than higher resolution but weaker framerate. But that's rare. The overwhelming majority of the time, PS4 games will run and look better.

I had a PS4 then got an X1 a year later. That's mostly cause of the exclusives (Forza Horizon and Halo MCC in particular) then I ended up loving the controller, and didn't care about 900p v 1080p, so I play most of my games on it now.

But 3rd party games? I think anyone with a PS4 is good.

Navy Bean

I own both and play all shooters on Xbox One because I greatly prefer the X1 controller to the DS4. But in terms of multi-plat games, probably not, unless there's exclusive content. Although keep in mind that the difference between the consoles is pretty insubstantial IMO.

RedFury

I think Assasins creed Unity is better on XBO
This is actually false. Watch NXgamer's unity review. He goes more in depth then digital foundry's performance review. They made it seem as though X1 had better overall performance when the opposite was true. X1 had better performance in large crowds, and that issue was also fixed in the day 1 patch.

OP get it for [true] exclusives. It's the only way I can play halo. Games like sunset overdrive was hyped to hell and found it enjoyable enough. There's forza which I love but God was forza 5 terrible, 6 has fixed many of my issues with the previous entry. I really only bought an X1 for scalebound...still waiting.
Edit: ooooh killer instinct! That game is great!

EA Access is better - so trust me, get it.

Obviously Halo 5/MCC/Sunset Overdrive/Killer Instinct/Forza Horizon/Forza 6/Gears UE/Ryse

I prefer the controller a lot more.

EA Access is better - so trust me, get it.

Obviously Halo 5/MCC/Sunset Overdrive/Killer Instinct/Forza Horizon/Forza 6/Gears UE/Ryse

I prefer the controller a lot more.

I'm slightly excited for EA access but I probably won't be a part of the early battlefront cool kids club. I wonder if they will utilize BC?

I'm wanting to replay old Halo memories with MCC now that it's less of a mess and Halo 5 is here for the multiplayer fix. Gears is why I got my first HDTV even though I never really cared for the sequels. My biggest "ok I need one" is honestly Cuphead. I have insanely high hopes that probably will come up short but I can't get enough YouTube vids of that game.

Sunset Overdrive was never a console seller for me but it looks like a great "if you have a one, get that game" type experience.
There will be a lot of good downloadable games imo. I like solid platforms and racers. Cuphead should be good.

For now I'd only play my ps4 if it wasn't for halo.

I really like the downloadable games more there.

Bloodborne has been one of the better overall games as well.

But I want to play condemned on x1

Not too worried about ea access. Rather have the better looking games on ps4

I think the controller is easier to aim with, or atleast it is on destiny compared to halo 5

Colbert

Banned
Get Xbox One first with EA Access and the PS4 later. The differences in multi-platform games aren't that big that you are not able to enjoy those games on the Xbox One. For me, I cannot see the difference between 900p and 1080p sitting 3m away from my 40 inch LED TV because I don't have eagle eyes anymore ;) If you have owned a 360 and sub'd to Gold there is also BC and GwG.

RedFury

There will be a lot of good downloadable games imo. I like solid platforms and racers. Cuphead should be good.

For now I'd only play my ps4 if it wasn't for halo.

I really like the downloadable games more there.

Bloodborne has been one of the better overall games as well.

But I want to play condemned on x1

Not too worried about ea access. Rather have the better looking games on ps4
This is where I'm at, if it wasn't for halo my X1 would still have a layer of dust on it. What condemned? BC or new game?

c0de

What's exactly is it the point of this post?

People say ps4 has better multiplatform games which is true so in the end you get a bone for exclusives. If you buy a pc instead of a bone you get better multiplatform games on pc and ps4 is a machine for exclusives.

Big Brett

I'm not a frame counter by any means, so usually it comes down to preference of controller, and exclusives. Enjoy! :) I prefer my XBone as a media hub too. The smartglass app is great for browsing Netflix in bed.

Yoday

Better is kind of subjective. If you are strictly talking about performance and resolution, then no, there isn't much as far as third party games that were better on the Xbox. On the other hand there are things about the system that could make it a better experience for you.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I think there was literally one or two titles where the Xbox had a slight edge and one of them was Strider due to the AF wasn't if?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I find navigation using voice commands really awesome. Dat Kinect price tag tho.

Keep in mind that some.ps4 games lack af and in real world viewing this simply makes them worse. Not sure if there is a list of games that have bad af and the x1 doesn't though.

RedFury

I think there was literally one or two titles where the Xbox had a slight edge and one of them was Strider due to the AF wasn't if?
Yeah and I don't know if that issue was ever addressed. AF issue with DMC special edition, also don't know if that was ever fixed. Unity on the other hand was incorrectly labeled.

Tagyhag

I think Strider and Thief? I feel like there's one more that I'm forgetting.

Semi-unrelated but this thread is good proof that every system should be allowed in Face-Off threads.

Honestly the One is a lock. They have done a lot right and finally have exclusives I need. Just wanted to know if there was anything to watch for in terms of multi plats because everyone always assumes PS4 is the better option 100% of the time. Just making sure I'm not missing something going down that road of all multis for PS4.

Bring on the dual console life. (Well tri .. Got that Wii U launch unit if it counts)

No...no sadly it doesn't

Steel

Banned
If you have a PS4, then no.

Edit- Maybe Fallout 4 because mods ?

Fallout 4 performs worse on Xbox One, and the PS4 version is going to eventually get mods.

That being said, I own Fallout 4 on PC, so no dog in that particular fight.

Top Bottom