• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Lobster Sales spike 33% after Beyoncé mention

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Black people love Red Lobster. I don't care if you're in a city that's 99.9% not black, hit up the local Red Lobster and you'll find that .1% gum deep in those biscuits.

- J - D -

Man, has Beyonce really been to a Red Lobster since Destiny's Child went big?

Ufbr5ej.gif

So, these are either people who were blown away because they had never heard of Red Lobster before or they genuinely want to eat there because Beyonce pretends to eat there....fuck

So, these are either people who were blown away because they had never heard of Red Lobster before or they genuinely want to eat there because Beyonce pretends to eat there....fuck

Or probably, when they heard Red Lobster in the song, some people said to themselves "Oh, I haven't eaten there in forever, I should go soon."
It's an impulse just like any other advertising. Beyonce or not

Mau ®;194734224 said:
It kinda saddens me that I became a vegetarian and never tried Red Lobster. There's one that recently opened near my area.

Oh well.

I hope you're not losing any muscle mass because of this unfortunate decision :(

also the biscuits are meat-free and enhance the post-cum glow

koryuken

Mau ®;194734224 said:
It kinda saddens me that I became a vegetarian and never tried Red Lobster. There's one that recently opened near my area.

Oh well.

Lobster is a vegetable. I promise.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i really wonder who hears a song, has never been to that place to eat, then thinks "i should eat there because Beyonce mentioned it in a song"

Ivan 3414

No it's not. Its the same when a drink is mentioned in a song, or a celebrity and searching them on google etc. It's literally just free product or brand recognition and if the song is hot, yes there will be increase purchase numbers in said product or brand. This is not brand new.... Seriously... The reach is getting a bit much.

I get how advertisements work so I don't see why you're explaining what an advertisement is.

But it's not like Red Lobster is some hole-in-the-wall unknown restaurant that people weren't aware of, and it's not like Beyonce is mentioning some new dish served by Red Lobster. All she did is mention Red Lobster as a reward for sex, and people are flocking to Red Lobster following, I can only imagine, some laughable logic that goes something like "Ooh let's go eat some biscuts at Red Lobster then we #flawless like Bey!" Which is pretty fucking ridiculous.

Or probably, when they heard Red Lobster in the song, some people said to themselves "Oh, I haven't eaten there in forever, I should go soon."
It's an impulse just like any other advertising. Beyonce or not

Maybe. I see Red Lobster advertising enough that I don't know if I buy people just forgetting until they saw this.

It'd be amusing if the marketing team was giving a presentation to the management about how they increased food sales by 33% with their new promotion, and then read this.

Dresden

I get how advertisements work so I don't see why you're explaining what an advertisement is.

But it's not like Red Lobster is some hole-in-the-wall unknown restaurant that people weren't aware of, and it's not like Beyonce is mentioning some new dish served by Red Lobster. All she did is mention Red Lobster as a reward for sex, and people are flocking to Red Lobster following, I can only imagine, some laughable logic that goes something like "Ooh let's go eat some biscuts at Red Lobster then we #flawless like Bey!" Which is pretty fucking ridiculous.

They were probably just like shit we haven't been there in a while, let's go tomorrow.

SeanR1221

My father in law recently wanted to go to red lobster for his birthday.

That place is shit tier. Sadly, it's a place some people go to for a fancy dinner.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Advertisements during the super bowl. How do they work?
Of course a restaurant mentioned by a famous person during the super bowl would see a sales spike.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
lots of people getting good dick I see

Black people love Red Lobster. I don't care if you're in a city that's 99.9% not black, hit up the local Red Lobster and you'll find that .1% gum deep in those biscuits.

I don't think that's necessarily true anymore since you can now buy the biscuits at the grocery store

so pretty much no reason to go to red lobster anymore

plus I didn't even know red lobster was a black thing until now and I'm black

maybe it's because I live in san diego and we got more seafood places?

royalan

This. I'm surprised so many people don't get it. But Red Lobster is kind of a hood thing. Lol

Do people really choose to go eat somewhere because a celebrity mentioned it? What kind of thought process is that? Genuinely can't understand it.

ReAxion

Read the KFC nashville hot chicken thread and see how many people went and got it. It's not ridiculous at all.

Armaros

People surprised that a business gets more business when they get advertisement on one of the biggest TV days of the year for the US.

Mindshare is a thing people, and companies pay ALOT OF MONEY to get it.

Going to Red Lobster for no reason other than Beyonce said it in a song is pretty fucking ridiculous

How dumb can people be?

People are so weird.

People are idiots. Nothing surprising about that.

So the thought process goes like this:

" Beyonce talks about Red Lobster after having sex... lets go try it out"

Really??

My god, are we easily led.
Do people really choose to go eat somewhere because a celebrity mentioned it? What kind of thought process is that? Genuinely can't understand it.

*thing is mentioned*

"Huh, it has been a while since we've tried *thing*, we should go sometime soon"

How is this hard for people to wrap their heads around, I mean for fucks sake.

Are you guys immune to ads/trailers/teasers piquing your interest in something too?

Merc_

But it's literally no different than buying a product because you saw a commercial. They're the samething. One was indirect advertisement via song lyric the other is direct adveritsement via TV.

Not any different than those catchy jingles you hear all the time about a product.

It's incredibly funny to watch folks try and act superior over this. On goddamn NeoGAF with it's numerous hype/free marketing threads for comic book movies and video games.

The Lamp

Red Lobster as a reward, lol. She's may not be a great pop singer but she can tell a joke.

Are you serious? She has an amazing voice and practically stopped the world when she surprise dropped her last full album.

The last time I heard the Red Lobster joke was from a black comedian. I think it may be a thing.

royalan

Going to Red Lobster for social occasions is a black community thing.

Not every black family of course, but it IS a thing. Especially if you was coming up in the 90s. Me and my cousins would get HYPE whenever someone in the family had a graduation, because we KNEW where we was going.

So when Bey dropped that line she triggered a very real shared black experience.

Red Lobster is pretty much the only restaurant chain she could have mentioned and got that response.

Dreavus

If I had to guess it'd be an unconscious one. Not so much "Oh man, Beyonce mentioned this place I gotta go there!" and more of them noticing it when deciding where to go now that they've heard the name a few times from the song. It's all because of the exposure.

EDIT: ^Or that, too. Possibly both. I had no idea that was a thing.

karasu

People are dumb for eating at a popular restaurant that is mentioned in a song?

I guess those same people are dumb for buying items that they see in commercials advertisements etc etc too right?

Some people just read into this stuff way too much I swear lol.

Pretty much. People will take any chance they get to get up on that high horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom