• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bald Chronicles aka GAF talked me into shaving my head....

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's the first thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386856
tl;dr/cliffs:
-18, receding and thinning hair, shit genetics
-shaved it off but everyone hated it
-looked like a crazy person
-grew back but dont like
-parents dont want me to shave off again
-hair is still thinning and looks bad as well
-what do i do?

sooo took the advice here and went ahead and shaved my head with no guard.

my photoshop test was surprisingly accurate IMHO :lol

Was this a big mistake?.... I look like an alien or like a sickly concentration camp survivor...

I guess my next course of action is to not grow a goatee and continue hitting the gym to bulk up some? Do I pull off the bald look at all?

You're way too harsh on yourself. No one is going to be concerned that youre balding slightly, especially when sooooo many guys do. You look fine in all those pictures!

Be happy you were blessed with with a symmetrical face/structure/etc. These are usually much more important in someone rating you attractive or not.

Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (over the counter or not, 5% minoxidil) will help tremendously though, if it's a big deal.

Chris R

Shaved 100% once last summer. NEVER AGAIN. I now just use the 1/8" guard and go to town once every other month or so. Quite refreshing to get down to almost bald during the middle of winter :lol

FunkyMunkey said:
You're way too harsh on yourself. No one is going to be concerned that youre balding slightly, especially when sooooo many guys do. You look fine in all those pictures!

Be happy you were blessed with with a symmetrical face/structure/etc. These are usually much more important in someone rating you attractive or not.

Well, it's all shaved off now so it's no longer slightly. :lol It is dumb to downplay it as no big deal though, balding sucks... Already have heard from 2 different girls that I have really thin hair and when a third (on a separate occasion) rubbed her hand through my hair she said i have old man hair. Trust me, when you're 18 people do take notice.

Hearing shit like that makes you want the hair gone real quick. :lol

Alucrid

Banned
DeadFalling said:
Well, it's all shaved off now so it's no longer slightly. :lol It is dumb to downplay it as no big deal though, balding sucks... Already have heard from 2 different girls that I have really thin hair and when a third (on a separate occasion) rubbed her hand through my hair she said i have old man hair. Trust me, when you're 18 people do take notice.

I won't lie...they do. I had a roommate who had a terrible receding hairline. Whenever I mentioned him the first thing any friends who met him would say was, "The one with receding hairline?" Sorry for your loss, but going shaved is fine.

edit: TBH he really didn't have anything else going. Body-wide acne, not good looking, no sense of style, etc. The hairline was probably the least of his worries.

TheLegend

Yeah dude people notice someone's face way before their (lack of) hair. You're a good looking guy, you have nothing to worry about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I started shaving my head about 9 months ago. Up until then my head was a mop top. I was surprised how well a shaved head suited me. :lol

Kipz

massive bear, tiny salmon
I hope I never go bald, I have a really weird shaped head and ears so I would never suit it. You look fine though.

Shaving is for vin diesel and pussies. Get the wild sides going and stop giving a fuck! That's the best way to keep on ruling through shit situations.

lexi

Banned
Not to make you feel bad, but in that last picture you look like a candidate to shoot up a public venue.

POWERSPHERE said:
Shaving is for vin diesel and pussies. Get the wild sides going and stop giving a fuck! That's the best way to keep on ruling through shit situations.

s_61ca8f440ff5ee9c5c6c77e07bf2599b.jpg

for your health!

VideoMan said:
Get a face tattoo. Nobody will be looking at your hair anymore.
Even better: Get a hair tatoo on your bald head and keep your head bald so people will think you have low grassy hair all the time!

Replicant

You definitely look better without the goatee. And the bald look actually suits you more than you think. If you're not comfortable with it though, you can always try clippers #1 but I think you're doing okay.

LOOOLLLLL OMFG HAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAA

ROFLMAO!!!

edit: seriously... i'd say...... don't keep the goatee since it kinda looks... really whispy... lol ugh... genes fucking suck

OH... actually just keep the bottom part of your goatee... try that

DOO13ER said:
Looks a'ight to me. Get some general stubble going and pack on a little lean meat and ass will fall from the sky.

damn... i can't grow stubble yet :| hair only grows in on sideburns + goatee, barely any on cheeks/neck

DonMigs85 said:
wow with a beanie you'd sure look a lot like Eminem

already tried that... don't look a thing like him :lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
yeah dont grow facial hair anymore, at least not that molestache looking thing. Its not for you.

Ultima_5

DeadFalling said:

Hearing shit like that makes you want the hair gone real quick. :lol
You're 18 and can grow a goatee? Just do that and shave the top. You'll look like a guy who works in a music store or something.

Ultima_5 said:
You're 18 and can grow a goatee? Just do that and shave the top. You'll look like a guy who works in a music store or something.

look at the first picture in the thread... tell me what u think? everyone i ask says i look like some kind of strange young/old mix and a pedo... :lol

Doubledex

Banned
DeadFalling said:
Was this a big mistake?.... I look like an alien or like a sickly concentration camp survivor...

I guess my next course of action is to not grow a goatee and continue hitting the gym to bulk up some? Do I pull off the bald look at all?
What? No, you look good without the hair in the face and on the head.
Good job!

Magypsy23

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Do not grow facial hair.

Every female I've ever talked to says that unless you have very dark/black facial hair it looks trashy.

That's discriminatory. *strokes black beard*

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
DeadFalling said:
[...] hitting the gym to bulk up some?

I'm glad you've noticed that the only way white dudes can pull off being bald is by going the Jason Statham/Vin Diesel route.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Do not grow facial hair.

Every female I've ever talked to says that unless you have very dark/black facial hair it looks trashy.

I've set myself on a mission not to shave until May. I wonder how long I'll stay the course.

bjork

I still like you better with hair. Bald young guys always make me think of that dude in Higher Learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom