• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #294 cover - The Last Guardian

raven777

CjVSjZRW0AAx9bZ.jpg:orig

Edge ‏@edgeonline
E294: The fantasy finally becomes reality in our The Last Guardian cover feature, out now.

UPDATE: IBTimes have written an article about this issue's stuff. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/last-guardian-hands-preview-gameplay-2016-release-1562105

DKHF

Trico lives! Finally some new info (presumably).

"The fantasy finally becomes reality" TLG kind of using the old slogan of the other JP game that was in development hell.

Very excited to see the Yooka-Laylee stuff in this issue. Plus, TLG being in there is super exciting. Every time they discuss it, it's a sign it's still real.

sheaaaa

Subscribers or anyone who's bought the magazine care to share the usual info? Review scores, Time Extend, features and so on. Thanks!

Seems we may very well be seeing this game. Not the best cover but at least it confirms last guardian isn't going silent again.

He looks sort of derpy with his mouth open.

I think it makes it look youthful and innocent. I'm getting the impression that the catbird is an infant

You know Trico, we really are going to die horrible tragic deaths by the time the game ends.

The catbird is going to have to sacrifice itself to save the boy, I reckon. Or, after a long journey, it's going to selfishly get its wings and fly away at the end.

Pixieking

Banned
It feeks like it should be flipped around. The bird dog should be on the left extending to the back cover.

Would make sense, but would also look a little weird. In the West we're used to reading left-to-right, so the eye naturally moves that way, which lends movement to the boy running to the dog. Flip it, and the natural assumption is that the dog is moving towards the boy, even with the position of the boy's legs. You could have the boy mid-leap, right-to-left, which would work, but then we're just changing the whole scene. :)

Also, woo! Must be new info coming for it to be on the cover. :D

DKHF

This guy is reading the issue and posting impressions https://twitter.com/bskipper27/

Ben Skipper ‏@bskipper27 1m1 minute ago
There's a mirrored shield the boy uses which creates what is "crosshair" of sorts that Trico will shoot red lightning at from its tail

Fuck sake. I was literally just about to sell my PS4 after Uncharted 4 I got fed up of waiting for The Last Guardian which I bought my PS3 for....

Top Bottom