• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Willis will star in Death Wish reboot/revamp/remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

Eli Roth to Direct Bruce Willis in MGM’s Death Wish Remake

After attaching several filmmakers over the years, including The Grey director Joe Carnahan, Miss Bala helmer Gerardo Naranjo and, most recently/briefly, Big Bad Wolves directors Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado, Deadline reports that Paramount Pictures and MGM‘s Death Wish remake has found another brave soul to make the movie in the form of fan fav Eli Roth (Hostel, Knock Knock). Bruce Willis (Looper, G.I. Joe: Retaliation) is still attached to headline as vigilante Paul Kersey.

hOdbTlR.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Great I can watch Bruce Willis sleepwalk through another movie for a quick paycheck.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Death Wish 3 is a cinematic masterpiece. No modern remake will ever touch the level of crazy that movie reached.

giphy.gif

ExVicis

It's Death Wish. The series was already run into the ground hard. At this point let them do what they want, it's not as if the Death Wish series has any sort of integrity left to be saved

Paracelsus

I've watched Death Wish 3-4-5 quite a bit more than 1-2

No "iconic" moments like 1-2 but overall I like them more

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Death Wish 3 is a cinematic masterpiece. No modern remake will ever touch the level of crazy that movie reached.

giphy.gif

I will always remember the scene where Bronson is trapped in the apartment by the crazed gang leader and takes him out with the rocket launcher haha.

ECs5xpu.gif

Obscura

The deathwish series is the one featuring rather graphic rape scenes right? Pretty weird they'd want to reboot that.

Weird because it contains rape scenes? They are common in revenge films precisely because of how effective they are at bringing out a need for retribution in the viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom