• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia Anime |OT| Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! (No Manga spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Naruto was fresh when it outdid Hunter x Hunter. Zabuza arc was fantastic and it only got better from there.

815.jpg

Sauce is the poor man's Kurapika.

I mean, this shonen right here's been outshining OP and HxH on jump every week lately. Incredible art, interesting and developed characters, plot always moving forward (sometimes even too much), etc.

Give it a chance guys.

Cwarrior

I would love for boku no hero to be the next great shounen but it's far from that, the true next great shounen is world trigger(squad based tactical goodness ....mmmm).

Boku no hero is just Naruto's fairy tail, a wanna be with nothing to new to bring to the table.

hey at least fairy tail has guilds instead of bullshit highschool.

I hate how all the pro hero's except for all might look like chumps compared to a bunch of kids.

I mean, this shonen right here's been outshining OP and HxH on jump every week lately. Incredible art, interesting and developed characters, plot always moving forward (sometimes even too much), etc.

Give it a chance guys.

It's been ranked in the top 3 of WSJ for more then 3 months now I believe and it was #1 for most of the time.

So it's been the favourite for quite a while.

Right now it's battling for the top spot with black clover, one piece and Haikyu! I believe.

So as far as manga goes MHA is one of the new big great shonen right now.

Here is the ranking i'm talking about for those curious(they are no manga spoiler or manga talk in that forum to my knowledge, only ranking)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-809337/weekly-shonen-jump-rankings

Mha has a long way to go before I start saying it's better than something so far it's been ok but can completely shit the bed later. Also not a fan of the crying but that's another topic that I don't feel like getting into

Meffer

I would love for boku no hero to be the next great shounen but it's far from that, the true next great shounen is world trigger(squad based tactical goodness ....mmmm).

Boku no hero is just Naruto's fairy tail, a wanna be with nothing to new to bring to the table.

I hate how all the pro hero's except for all might look like chumps compared to a bunch of kids.

3s3k1d.jpg

Daingurse

Give it a chance guys.

I don't know about outshining Hunter x Hunter lol, but it's a great shonen series that only seemed to get better and better as I read it. I honestly couldn't stop reading once I started, it's a really fun manga. Can't wait for Season 2 of the anime.

keffri

I decided to read the manga after finishing this season. There is so much potential for the coming seasons of this show.

It's a shame season one wasn't 26 episodes.

Can't wait for season 2 though. The next two arcs should be great if they can fit them in.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
wasn't HxH still on its giga hiatuses for most of MHA's run?

Yes, it only came back a few months ago so it's not really a fair comparison.

But it is sharing a Top 5 slot with One Piece and Haikyu, and somehow that Black Clover garbage.

Yes, it only came back a few months ago so it's not really a fair comparison.

But it is sharing a Top 5 slot with One Piece and Haikyu, and somehow that Black Clover garbage.
I was just looking at the rankings two shockers stood out

1)idk how but souma made it the top spot recently(my boy!!)

2) why is one piece missing in so many?

BatDan

I was just looking at the rankings two shockers stood out

1)idk how but souma made it the top spot recently(my boy!!)

2) why is one piece missing in so many?

Oda takes a lot of breaks. Not Togashi breaks but a week off every 3-4 chapters. The higher-ups forced him to do it after he worked himself into the hospital.

Yes it was but I think that now that both are running in WSJ MHA always ranks higher then HxH.

Technically, HxH isn't even ranked. It's like a series just starting out, it's ranking is meaningless as it's popular anyway. Kind of like how Bleach is constantly in last place but isn't any fucking closer to ending.

Oda takes a lot of breaks. Not Togashi breaks but a week off every 3-4 chapters. The higher-ups forced him to do it after he worked himself into the hospital.

Technically, HxH isn't even ranked. It's like a series just starting out, it's ranking is meaningless as it's popular anyway. Kind of like how Bleach is constantly in last place but isn't any fucking closer to ending.
a series starts ranking after 7 weeks no? so it's officialy ranking right now since it started in April no?

O so it's the breaks I'm looking at. Lol Dan we be in the same thread almost everyday you know I know why oda takes breaks.

That aside pretty impressive series all around in the top pretty much rotates between Ac,MHA,onepiece,souma,black cover

Hunter hunter will most likely start showing up again soon

BatDan

a series starts ranking after 7 weeks no? so it's officialy ranking right now since it started in April no?

8 weeks, and even then HxH still isn't ranked. Protection from editors (which isn't always a good thing as some editors could help tone down Togashi's wordiness). He gets away with it because collected volumes sell over a million every time.

O so it's the breaks I'm looking at. Lol Dan we be in the same thread almost everyday you know I know why oda takes breaks.

That aside pretty impressive series all around in the top pretty much rotates between Ac,MHA,onepiece,souma,black cover

Hunter hunter will most likely start showing up again soon

I know you know, but others probably don't.

8 weeks, and even then HxH still isn't ranked. Protection from editors (which isn't always a good thing as some editors could help tone down Togashi's wordiness). He gets away with it because collected volumes sell over a million every time.

I only thought it was ranking since it got a number besides its name now but I'll trust you on this.

Here is why I thought it was ranking.

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #29 (June 20th, 2016)
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
1- Black Clover
2- My Hero Academia
Samon the Summoner (Center Color)
3- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
4- Haikyu!!
Nisekoi (Center Color)
5- Hinomaru Sumo
6- Kimetsu no Yaiba: Blade of Demon Destruction
7- Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary
8- Hunter x Hunter
9- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
10- Gintama
11- Yuna of Yuragi Manor
12- Kochikame
13- World Trigger
14- Mononofu
15- Toriko
16- Bleach
Chronicle of Isobe -Life is Har

cntr

Banned
From what I've heard, Togashi wanted to turn Yu Yu Hakusho into what became HxH, but the editors didn't let him. So he just ended YYH.

That's why they let him do whatever with HxH.

Worst description ever.

Nephtis

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah

world trigger

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

and the bolded

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Come on now, Hunter x Hunter is the best manga in its genre. Ever. It's leagues beyond Dragon Ball and One Piece let alone Naruto. Get real. My Hero Academia comes close though; or at least has the potential to become close.

suberzat

I agree with this post. I heared all this hype and nothing new was brought to the table but the same formula different story

I like World Trigger too but it's anime adaptation is not only a lot worse because Toei gonna Toei, but it adapted a lot more content in its first season since it was 50 episodes. The stuff you're hyping was barely hinted at 22 chapters in World Trigger.

Team WorldTrigger, the invasion arc and B wars is definitive, and the anime has one of Toei manga adaptatioin animes best osts. and they actually chose good song artists the whole time and voice cast.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is when it becomes apparent that something is seriously wrong with DTL.

He is agreeing with someone shitting on a property he likes (MHA) while in the same paragraph the person he is agreeing with is extolling the virtues of a property (Fairy Tail) that started out looking like an illustrated clone of One Piece while making it quite clear in recent times that it has more interest in being psuedo H product than an actual decent piece of writing.

This is when it becomes apparent that something is seriously wrong with DTL.

He is agreeing with someone shitting on a property he likes (MHA) while in the same paragraph the person he is agreeing with is extolling the virtues of a property (Fairy Tail) that started out looking like an illustrated clone of One Piece while making it quite clear in recent times that it has more interest in being psuedo H product than an actual decent piece of writing.
Looks like he QUOTEd the wrong person to me he's talking about world trigger.

The newest episode from Funi was great. I always love when they dub all the background banter for the characters since it usually goes unsubbed. on the bus when Kaminari was teasing Bakugou and Bakugou responds back and their in the background with Tenya, lol

Cwarrior

I like World Trigger too but it's anime adaptation is not only a lot worse because Toei gonna Toei, but it adapted a lot more content in its first season since it was 50 episodes. The stuff you're hyping was barely hinted at 22 chapters in World Trigger.

The first 13 episode cover 24 chapters in world trigger but that's round about the time it's laid the ground works for it's characters & world and finaly starts to establish it's unique scifit tatical squad based combat.

World trigger takes while to get going but once it hits it first arc (the invasion arc) it
it become a beast that blows boku no hero out the water but by it's second arc B rank wars it becomes clear theres never been shounen like it, it's something completetly different to any past shouenen it's crossing uncharted waters and pushing the envelope something togashi does with every chapater along with oda(who does it less frequently).

Problem is with boku no hero has nothing new or any kind of twist going for it, it's a really good excution on already tired & true shounen coming of age haato (already coverd by naruto and others in the past).

It's second arc is a
fucken high school festival jesus christ doesn't get more animu generic then that, that shit should be illegal.

90+ chapters boku no hero has yet to have stand out arc and it's still following the template set by past shounen super closley.

Toei did much better job adapting world trigger overall then Bones did for boku no hero, they fumbled at the start but as they start pump more talent into the show that contined to pump out there A game, it kept getting with every passing episode, by the episode first arc it became long string of exciting amazing & clever episodes.

They actually had much strong episode directors and the lead staff actually gave a shit to actually director and animate there own episodes (unlike umikoshi that couldn't be bothered to animated anything in boku no hero and the serise director didn't directly direct a single episode).

trejo

I just got done watching the last episode and all in all this show was okay. All Might is all kinds of badass and I like the large cast of characters even if in usual shounen fashion the vast majority of them go largely ignored but hopefully that gets addressed in subsequent seasons.

My major gripes are that Bakugo is a humongous unlikable asshole and Midoriya's habit of breaking into tears at the drop of a hat. My biggest hope for Midoriya's character is that at some point he'll stop bawling over every single little thing that ever happens because boy does that get old fast. Also hoping that better villains get introduced later on because the current crop of baddies felt like pretty standard fare who don't pose that much of a threat.

7/10

SalvaPot

I just got done watching the last episode and all in all this show was okay. All Might is all kinds of badass and I like the large cast of characters even if in usual shounen fashion the vast majority of them go largely ignored but hopefully that gets addressed in subsequent seasons.

My major gripes are that Bakugo is a humongous unlikable asshole and Midoriya's habit of breaking into tears at the drop of a hat. My biggest hope for Midoriya's character is that at some point he'll stop bawling over every single little thing that ever happens because boy does that get old fast. Also hoping that better villains get introduced later on because the current crop of baddies felt like pretty standard fare who don't pose that much of a threat.

7/10

You are going to like season 2, then =).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom