• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

wasn't lilly retconned into a premending planeswalker? that means she's, like, 10,000 years old.

Si, though I wanna say she's like 200 or something, not 10,000. A deal with the demons granted her immortality and she's been using the Chain Veil to kill the contract holders, but something has gone wrong and the Chain Veil is messing her up something fierce. She needs help, and the Gatewatch are the answer.

Yeef

wasn't lilly retconned into a premending planeswalker? that means she's, like, 10,000 years old.
If I remember correctly, she got her spark like just before the mending; so she was a pre-mending walker for like a week or two.

I don't know that we know, canonically, how many years ago the Mending was. I thought it was only like 100 to 200 years ago. Salvation's wiki page seems to say it was only about 100 years ago.

Firemind

she must be supremely powerful in that case, but i can't recall anything of importance that she did except slay a few demons and use jace and garruk as whipping boys...

OnPoint

If I remember correctly, she got her spark like just before the mending; so she was a pre-mending walker for like a week or two.

I don't know that we know, canonically, how many years ago the Mending was. I thought it was only like 100 to 200 years ago. Salvation's wiki page seems to say it was only about 100 years ago.

This adds up since Liliana was an old lady when she made the deal. So she was probably in her 20s or whatever when she got her spark, 80 years or so went by, then she made the deal, bringing back her youth and vitality.

I hate black's colour pie position. Coming from the same company that made Kelemvor
Liliana Heretical Healer should be the baseline of black. There can be evil in black but it shouldn't be anywhere near characteristic.

The good in white at least comes over as evil most of the time.

Haines

Banned
Howdy my favorite magic folk.

Does anybody know the last time professional SOI draft was played and streamed on Twitch?

I have a few hours to kill and I wouldn't mind checking some out.

I'm going to try and search now, but I figured one if you might be Able to narrow my search h down.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trying to figure out the best way to jam Queen Emrakul

Deck: GB Delirium Emrakul
b.gif
g.gif

//Lands
4 Evolving Wilds
5 Forest
4 Hissing Quagmire
4 Llanowar Wastes
6 Swamp

//Spells
2 Dark Petition
1 Dead Weight
3 Grapple with the Past
3 Grasp of Darkness
1 Languish
2 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Ruinous Path
1 Seasons Past
1 Transgress the Mind
4 Traverse the Ulvenwald
2 Ultimate Price

//Creatures
1 Den Protector
1 Emrakul, the Promised End
1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
4 Mindwrack Demon
1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
4 Sylvan Advocate
4 Tireless Tracker

//Sideboard
2 Duress
3 Languish
1 Transgress the Mind
1 Clip Wings
1 Sinister Concoction
2 Dead Weight
1 Seasons Past
2 Virulent Plague
2 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar

Display deck statistics

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My guess at what Oath of Liliana will look like

Oath of Liliana MANA COST

RULES TEXT

"B-b-baka! Don't misunderstand me. I-I-I'm not joining your little club because I l-l-like you or anything!" *blush*

Yeef

The flavor text is already on that page...

"I see that together we're more powerful than we are alone. If that means I can do what needs to be done without relying on the Chain Veil, the I'll keep watch. Happy Now?"

Angry Grimace

The flavor text is already on that page...

"I see that together we're more powerful than we are alone. If that means I can do what needs to be done without relying on the Chain Veil, the I'll keep watch. Happy Now?"

Which translates to: "B-b-baka! Don't misunderstand me. I-I-I'm not joining your little club because I l-l-like you or anything!" *blush*

G.ZZZ

The black card is interesting, but again... we need an e-n-a-b-l-e-r for madness. All those spells costing tons of mana make no sense with madness costing 2-3+ mana. You're just wasting tempo and you'd rather play normally on curve instead of keeping cards for a cheapening effect later on.

Print this plz:

CompRulsion R
Enchantment
Discard a card: draw a card. Use this ability only once each turn and any time you could cast a sorcery.

Firemind

The black card is interesting, but again... we need an e-n-a-b-l-e-r for madness. All those spells costing tons of mana make no sense with madness costing 2-3+ mana. You're just wasting tempo and you'd rather play normally on curve instead of keeping cards for a cheapening effect later on.

Print this plz:

CompRulsion R
Enchantment
Discard a card: draw a card. Use this ability only once each turn and any time you could cast a sorcery.
might as well go big

mad wolf 1r
discard a card: exile the top card of your library. if it's a creature card, mad wolf gains +1/+0 and menace. if it's a noncreature card, you may play it this turn.
3/2

Angry Grimace

She'll be named either:

• Liliana, Last Hope
  • Liliana of the Veil

I would wager.

They're not going to reveal it until that lame-as-fuck video series on Monday comes out. they had a teaser for a spoiler where he's like "we will find out what Liliana is doing hurr durr"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdko2dy9tQo

When the actual dumb video comes out, here's how they've worked so far: open it, skip to the end where they show you a card.

Haines

Banned
I just remembered this limited format has madness. Maybe that's why they are so comfortable letting you make your opponents discard so much.

They're not going to reveal it until that lame-as-fuck video series on Monday comes out. they had a teaser for a spoiler where he's like "we will find out what Liliana is doing hurr durr"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdko2dy9tQo

When the actual dumb video comes out, here's how they've worked so far: open it, skip to the end where they show you a card.

that's why I was confused why they are testing this format on enfranchised players, little point to it when all we want are the cards.

Angry Grimace

There's nothing that grinds my gears like when marketing departments insist on video content over written content, even when written content makes way more sense. Like, does anyone have an interest in a 20 minute video of a bunch of chucklefucks making lame as shit jokes and talking about a bunch of shit that isn't "card and what card does?"

OnPoint

There's nothing that grinds my gears like when marketing departments insist on video content over written content, even when written content makes way more sense. Like, does anyone have an interest in a 20 minute video of a bunch of chucklefucks making lame as shit jokes and talking about a bunch of shit that isn't "card and what card does?"

I personally don't get why they think Maro is a marketable on-screen personality at all. He's a great mind and modern Magic owes him a lot, and I appreciate his Tumblr, but man, I can't help but be embarrassed every time he talks.

Oh god yes. The videos here are terrible. I just want to read about and see the damn card(s).

I haven't minded the EMN video content so far, but I may just be giving them a pass because they don't have Wil Wheaton in them.

And there's a Peace of Mind reprint just to further taunt us over the concept of a real madness enabler.

Edit: Tamiyo, however, looks awesome.

Angry Grimace

I don't bother watching the videos.

There's no image of the cards around the time before work I'm looking for them, so I skip to the end to get the image.

the majority prefers video with "personalitys" than actual content

Honestly I just hate video content the vast majority of the time. I would have much much much preferred that instead of a stupid Wil Wheaton conference or Maro shouting into a camera, we just got a nice clean website with pictures of cards and descriptions of how the mechanics work. Saving the Planeswalkers for the second week seems like a weird strategy too. Those are the cards that get people brewing...

I'm wondering if Collective Brutality is the Madness enabler R/B Vamps needs. It seems like the first two modes are relevant for creature-based aggro decks, and the ability to widen the spell with up to 2 Madness triggers could be quite strong. Lots of flexibility for a 2-mana card.

y2dvd

There really haven't been any significant reprints in this set (so far) or in Shadows. I guess they saving all the big reprints for Masters and Conspiracy sets now.

Maledict

I've given up evaluating planes walkers to be honest - I think my record is 0 for infinity right now. On first appearance that doesn't look that strong, as the only protection it has is the -2 and the first ability is very hit and miss. On the other hand, the ultimate abilitity isn't that high a number and is astonishingly powerful - although probably not that great in the typical G/W deck that would play her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom