• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katy Perry becomes first person in the world to reach 90 million twitter followers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
https://twitter.com/katyperry

Singer Katy Perry, already the most-followed person on Twitter, officially hit 90 million followers on Friday, becoming the first to reach that milestone on the site.

Falling just ahead of Taylor Swift (79 million) and Justin Bieber (83.9 million)

CmSrydLUkAA-f6k.jpg

Who said twitter was dying?!

Madness

Is 90 million some milestone? Twitter is absolute trash now. Full of spam, bots, paid PR and advertisers. I still remember back when Ashton Kutcher was one of the big twitter celebrities with a couple hundred thousand followers etc.

Most celebrities now just have people tweet or have bots set up to tweet the most random shit at set times. I remember when Muhammad Ali died and his daughter Laila twitter was posting about some fruit products or something that would help for skin.

Galang

Banned
And people still call her a flop. Interesting. Congrats Katy! Well deserved, sending you much love xoxo

ReaperXL7

My daughter is 6 and loves Perry, I often catch her singing that Roar of the tiger song.... so I can believe that she appeals to a wide range of people. I'm not personally a fan of most of her music but she's put out some decent tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom