• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
wolfkinbond.jpg

Doggy!
Also, common card sure is a common card.

Sure is. I love that kind of effect, but it's just a worse Raised By Wolves. But that's what you get with common vs uncommon.

Image.ashx

They could've at least given the creatures a bad keyword like haste.

+2/+2 and 2/2 is so boring.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Honestly, Nahiri beating Sorin feels really, really contrived/dumb, and specifically arranged to have her revenge actually pan out and let her get away, thus prompting a new foe for the Superfriends to chase after. Feels almost like a 'worf effect' moment from TVtropes.

Leylines too OP, plz nerf.

And yes, land-return is gonna be sick.

workingtogether.jpg

"Working Together"
1WW
Sorcery
Escalate: Tap an untapped creature you control
*Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater
*Destroy target enchantment
*Put a +1/+1 counters on each creature target player controls

Ah, there's the grumpy Gideon art. This seems good, and you just need two creatures to get full value.

Ashodin

workingtogether.jpg

"Working Together"
1WW
Sorcery

Ah, there's the grumpy Gideon art. This seems good, and you just need two creatures to get full value.

wow that card is fucking awesome

and GW Tokens will run it

Toxi

Banned
It's insane how stacked Green and White have been in recent sets.

workingtogether.jpg

"Working Together"
1WW
Sorcery

I'm getting Invasion block flashbacks from that art.

117.jpg

workingtogether.jpg

"Working Together"
1WW
Sorcery

Holy shitballs, why were none of these revealed before hand? This is fantastic in MonoWhite Humans

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Honestly, Nahiri beating Sorin feels really, really contrived/dumb, and specifically arranged to have her revenge actually pan out and let her get away, thus prompting a new foe for the Superfriends to chase after. Feels almost like a 'worf effect' moment from TVtropes.

Sorin is a scrub and a fuck up. Dont disrespect Worf by comparing them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

None of the members of Gatewatch even know who Nahiri is.

duxstar

It's a 3 mana sorcery that replicates Dromoka's Command except is worse in general than Dromoka's Command.

Worse ? You dont need a creature out to kill a big threat like worldbreaker/Ulamag, instead of giving one creature +1/+1 it gives it to the whole team , and finally it lets you choose the enchanment instead of having to make them sacrifice the one you dont want.

Im not saying its better than Dromokas Command , 1 mana more and sorcery speed are downsides for sure but 12 +1/1 effects in the tokens deck is nothing to scoff at.

For anyone who cares about number crunch/a potential reprint of Cavern of Souls, there's 3 slots left in the crunch that it could fit in(201-203), with Stitcher's Graft before and Geier Reach Sanitarium after.

Genryu

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";209361175]first actual financial expert in mtg[/QUOTE]

More than likely not the first shitbag in MTG finance, but probably the one with the most money.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
For anyone who cares about number crunch/a potential reprint of Cavern of Souls, there's 3 slots left in the crunch that it could fit in(201-203), with Stitcher's Graft before and Geier Reach Sanitarium after.

The amount of reprints in SoI was pathetic. I'm not holding out hope for any needed reprints happening.

Image.ashx

They could've at least given the creatures a bad keyword like haste.

+2/+2 and 2/2 is so boring.

Yeah, they could have at least thrown it a bone with something like "Enchanted creature is now a Wolf in addition to its other types" or something similar to make it a bridge into werewolf tribal.

It did seem a little contrived but Sorin has proven himself to be a bit of an idiot this block, so at least it wasn't too unbelievable.

None of the members of Gatewatch even know who Nahiri is.

She has reason to want revenge on at least 3 of them. I'd assume her introduction to them will be her hunting them down or something.

Santiako

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment
You may cast Aura and Equipment spells as though they had flash.

Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.

link

Will probably be better once Kaladesh releases but it has a chance of being really good.

Ashodin

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment

Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.

link

Will probably be better once Kaladesh releases but it has a chance of being really good.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Motherfucking Slayer's plate becomes INSANE!!!!!!!!!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If you attack and then flash in True Faith Censer, does your guy untap?

Also new card in Modern Bogles?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Motherfucking Slayer's plate becomes INSANE!!!!!!!!!

My inner Johnny just exploded with joy. Imagine this with Creature Bond !

ElyrionX

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment

link

Fucking hell. All that for just W? Absolutely goddamn insane.

Daedardus

Sigarda's Blessing
W
Enchantment

link

Now unban SFM please. Turn one this, turn two SFM, turn three one drop and start beating. That's disregarding disruption though, but it nonetheless allows you to play broken equipment.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i SWEAR TO GOD that the shuffling/mulligan algorithms in magic origins are either completely broken or deliberately unfair (in story mode) i literally never, ever get good hands from it. a deck that i know from experience has multiple 1-drops will never give me them in my opening hand, or if it does, it gives me them with 0 or 1 lands.

[edit]

e.g. mulliganing from a 0-land opening hand and ending up with this instead

mX0v5Ps.jpg

seems to happen maybe 2/3rds of the time

El Topo

The shuffler used for goldfishing on MTGO was actually hilariously broken until recently.

If it was broken, it most definitely wasn't the shuffler, but a consequence of MTGO being a piece of shit. Shuffing is trivial, even if you use algorithms to simulate shuffling (instead of proper randomization).
People also need to keep in mind that some actually don't properly randomize in real life, which may skew their perception of good/bad shuffling. Going over PT videos, I'm glad to see many properly riffle shuffle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom