• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melania stole parts of her speech from Michelle Obama and Twilight Sparkle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, when the Trump campaign blamed Hillary what exactly are they accusing her of doing? Writing the speech? Or are they just hoping people take their word that it was her fault?

Everything.

Killary Clinton, Butcher of Benghazi, is responsible for EVERYTHING in the history of the universe. Her crooked ways know no end. She's a she-witch woman. She controls the media that has been vilifying her for 25 years because REASONS.

Protein

Banned
Actually, it was Michelle who plagiarized!

CnvbuFgWIAArrH6.jpg:small

Conservatives can never ever take an L.

Fam just take the L already, dam.

Armaros

Everything.

Killary Clinton, Butcher of Benghazi, is responsible for EVERYTHING in the history of the universe. Her crooked ways know no end. She's a she-witch woman. She controls the media that has been vilifying her for 25 years because REASONS.

She threatened the speech writer's family if that person didn't do something bad to Melenia's speech /s

Just like how she got Bernie to endorse.

TalonJH

The comments on the breitbart article are golden. Mental gymnastics all over that comment section. Someone's going to pull a muscle.

Top rated comment with 388 upvotes is:
What a load of Crap! That Phraseology is used by everybody. Treat people with respect, Your word is your Bond, Work Hard...The difference is Melania lives by them and Moochelle uses them for propaganda. Alinsky aside.

MSM Is Desperate To Invent Negative Press For Trump. I Smell A Huuuge Victory!

Sianos

I'm confused, when the Trump campaign blamed Hillary what exactly are they accusing her of doing? Writing the speech? Or are they just hoping people take their word that it was her fault?

Hey, it has worked up until now, might as well try and do it even more. Fuck logic, yell about liberals, question marks, and then profit? Maybe?

The Convention that keeps on giving:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-california-republicans-norovirus-20160719-snap-story.html

At least a dozen California GOP staff members at the Republican National Convention have been quarantined in their hotel rooms after becoming ill with what appears to be a highly contagious norovirus, also known as the cruise-ship virus, according to officials from both the California GOP and local health agencies.

It's time to own up and say that God really hates you, GOP.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The comments on the breitbart article are golden. Mental gymnastics all over that comment section. Someone's going to pull a muscle.

Its' strange because I can't tell how old the poster of that comment is, he could be anywhere from 12-60 years old.

riotous

Banned
I really think this is a "point it out and move on" issue. In the grand scheme of things this isn't important. Simply pointing it out should be enough to give a small ding to the campaign's image.

Just because the right would have crucified Michelle for the same thing doesn't mean the left should.

RNC dude on CNN trying to pin this on My Little Pony. And old rap acts. The official line is going to be that there was no plagiarizing. Hah.

...Though if he wants to be super fussy, Michelle's speech predated a lot of the stuff he just quoted as being "stolen."

I really think this is a "point it out and move on" issue. In the grand scheme of things this isn't important. Simply pointing it out should be enough to give a small ding to the campaign's image.

Just because the right would have crucified Michelle for the same thing doesn't mean the left should.
There is no "left" in this story. Just a clown car wreck at the RNC. Go to any news channel/website and its on frontpage. As long as Trump drags the issue by not admitting the fault, he risks keeping it in the spotlight.

Alienous

In the UK, watching CNN, and this asshat defending the plagiarism is quoting fucking My Little Pony.

You don't just accidentally say the exact same things, in the exact same order, in the exact same context. The scriptwriter plagiarised the speech, probably as a joke.

Not everyone can be Jesus on burnt toast tho..

Trump will likely be crucified for everything that he does wrong.

Boke1879

And why not? Why should the Trump campaign continually get passes from the media? The left isn't even doing anything. The media and even people on the right know this is an amateur move.

Michelle Obama has been ridiculed literally for her looks alone. This needs to be pointed out. Sure it's not something that'll last for months, but the simple fact you have Trump's campaign fighting back shows they aren't ready for this.

If they owned up to it this wouldn't even be as big an issue right now. This whole RNC shit has been a disaster. You got Scott Baio being ripped apart, you have whatever Steve King was talking about being the focus after just day 1. Hell you even had someone quit live on stage at the RNC.

Just the words "Scott Baio on MSNBC" were enough to get me to laugh.

What is it with washed up celebrities from decades ago popping up all over conservative events?

For all the shit Sean Penn and George Clooney get for showing up constantly for liberal causes, at least those dudes are relevant and working.

Republicans are so starved for mainstream/Hollywood appeal that they will take anyone who could remotely be called a "celebrity" ... and washed up B-actors/actresses are so starved for attention that they will take up any cause to get their face back on TV.

Match made in Heaven.

Just the words "Scott Baio on MSNBC" were enough to get me to laugh.

What is it with washed up celebrities from decades ago popping up all over conservative events?

For all the shit Sean Penn and George Clooney get for showing up constantly for liberal causes, at least those dudes are relevant and working.

Celebrity Apprentice

When you pile it on the mountain of basic operational competence that this campaign fails to reach, it makes you wonder why this campaign should be running an administration.

This is the narrative being pushed by some dummies. I read one that read similar, like "It doesn't matter if she copied it from her. The difference is that Melania actually said it from the heart" which is..WHAT?

According to The Washington Post the campaign has only one speech writer on staff and relies on associates for input. Such a carny operation.

Well what do you expect when the best 2016 GOP candidates' staff has shown they are unwilling back Trump?

If it had been any other candidate we know that the competing candidates' teams would consolidate to back the nominee, but Trump probably only has the backing of:

- Christie's former team

- Carson's former team

- The minuscule teams of nobodies like Huckabee and Jindal

Effect

RNC dude on CNN trying to pin this on My Little Pony. And old rap acts. The official line is going to be that there was no plagiarizing. Hah.

...Though if he wants to be super fussy, Michelle's speech predated a lot of the stuff he just quoted as being "stolen."

Doing the same thing now on MSNBC.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Pence was forced on him by Manafort, and now a Manafort "top aide" wrote this speech. I am starting to expect Manafort is gone, Pence will be booted, and Christie is back in as VP. If Trump's furious, and Manafort just looked like he never slept, things are going to go down today.

They can't do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom