• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege Client side Anti-Cheat is live (in Beta stage)

dex3108

WHAT IS BATTLEYE?
BattlEye is a proactive anti-cheat protection system which puts a strong shield around the entire game. This way, most of the hacking is blocked to begin with. BattlEye is constantly evolving to cover new forms of attacking games. The remaining hacking is covered by an intelligent dynamic active detection system, ensuring that unrelenting cheaters are unable to play the game.
You can learn more about BattlEye on their website, here.

What do you mean by a preliminary integration of BattlEye (Beta)?

To ensure that BattlEye runs smoothly with our game and prevents cheating, we will be performing tests on a large scale with all our PC players, and so for several weeks. We will keep you informed as we make sure that this anti-cheating client-side product is best adapted to our needs. We thank you in advance for your patience and feedback.

How does BattlEye work?

BattlEye is a pro-active protection, so it blocks cheats before hooking into the game. It also has an active detection system that scans your computer’s memory for cheating software. For more information on how BattlEye works, please visit this blog and the BattlEye website.

Why is it on my computer?

In patch 3.4.1, BattlEye has been deployed to all players who owns Rainbow Six Siege as a way to prevent cheating. It has been integrated with Rainbow Six Siege and is part of our plan to stop hackers from ruining your experience.

Is BattlEye always active on my computer?

The BattlEye protection and system scan is only active when Rainbow Six Siege is running. When active, you will see it running in the system processes.

What is BattlEye scanning for and should I be concerned about privacy?
Everything that BattlEye does is aimed at blocking and detecting hacks. That’s the only thing it is looking for. When Rainbow Six Siege is running, BattlEye is able to scan all memory (RAM) and all game- and system-related files on disk. However, this does not mean that BattlEye is looking through your personal files, personal details, or other such information. Furthermore, it doesn’t store any of your personal data on its servers. It is solely searching for cheats. Also, BattlEye is only running when Rainbow Six Siege is running.
If you do have any concerns, you may contact BattlEye support directly.

What happens when BattlEye detects a cheat on a player’s computer?
It will prevent that player from cheating, either by blocking the cheat or issuing a ban. Since we are still in a testing phase, no bans are currently issued. After this initial testing period, there will be bans issued as well following the Code of Conduct’s banning penalties for cheating.
Players should be aware that they should not play the game while still having hack-related Rainbow Six Siege software running in the background (even if the hack software was not actively used for Rainbow Six Siege). This is especially true for software designed to bypass or interfere with BE in any game. BE will not tolerate such software and actively ban for it, so it's up to players to ensure that they do not have any such hack software still installed/running (possibly from other games) while playing the game.

More at the link

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-260134-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

etta

my hard graphic balls
YES YES YES holy shit hacking has become so fucking rampant in this game, it was killing its population. Hopefully it's not too late.

Yudoken

Still can't understand why devs do not implement good anti cheat software day one (of course money and time are the reason).

Only Blizzard seems to be doing it successfully with Overwatch (banning the whole pc hardware as I understood).

Siddiqui

After looking it up judging from the implementation in arma battleye does seem to be regarded as the best anti-cheat. Found a post on the arma reddit that should give a good idea of Battleye's potential efficacy:
theolaf said:
At risk of getting downvoted into oblivion for this right here;

Admittedly, back in the day (about 4 years ago) I used to help write/test hacks for one of the major (probably the biggest, now) subscription hack companies. While generally with Battleye a hacker wont get instabanned- this is a design feature used to make working around hack detection systems difficult.

Yes you will get a lot of hackers, and you may get onto a server where someone is teleporting people or nuking the server- but rest assured, withing 1 or 2 days of that event they will be banned.

Arma is one of the only game franchises that the "trustworthy" subscription hack services wont touch anymore- because they know you will get banned, and that hurts their business. If you know any of these hacking sites- you can go there and ask yourself- the forums will all laugh at the idea.

Detection rates in Arma are well in excess of 95%, whereas games like BF4, SOURCE games, COD, all have 50% at best.
Some hack providers even claim 0% detection rates for their hacks on these games, you will never- and i mean never- see anyone claim that with ArmA.

As a post note; i do feel stupid for having contributed to that stuff, at the time I was seriously hard up on money and I made the bad decision of freelance programming for bad people to feed myself over the happiness of others. I should have found a more constructive means, and i do apologize to all.
https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3kgd3z/lets_talk_about_hackers/
Certainly hope we get similar results with Siege.

Top Bottom