• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
marchesasdecree.jpg

Marchesa's Decree
3B
Enchantment
When Marchesa's Decree enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.

Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, the controller of that creature loses 1 life.

This will definitely make it into some decks for me.

EDIT:

throneofthehighcity.jpg

This will go instantly into every Commander deck that can afford a {C} slot.

Many decks in EDH don't desire to become monarch and actively don't want anyone else to become it either. Stax, pillowfort and group hug decks though.

It's also not an effect I'd want to go down a land for.

Effects that recur land or ramp you or whatever are so common that I don't tend to think of "sac this land for utility" as a major cost in EDH. This lets you have monarchy (or denying it to other players) available as an option when relevant without having to build your gameplan around it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214349901]Dunno how many colorless land slots I have available in my Kozilek EDH deck unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

What's your loadout now?

Effects that recur land or ramp you or whatever are so common that I don't tend to think of "sac this land for utility" as a major cost in EDH. This lets you have monarchy (or denying it to other players) available as an option when relevant without having to build your gameplan around it.

hadn't considered the deny option even if you don't want the effect in play, good point.

What's your loadout now?

It's not something I focus on since there aren't really people around me playing Commander anymore, so it hasn't changed much in the last couple months. That said, this is what I'm running:

kjhlkjlioes.png

There's a lot of stuff I'm still not running just because there's not a lot of point in me buying new cards for it. Stuff like Mimic Vat, Duplicant and Myr Battlesphere that are pretty easy inclusions.

Firemind

i can't believe i never realized this, but he actually kind of looks like the predator

second draft:

N3wv838.png

i could have stayed on r/b but i couldn't resist rite of replication on nighthawk

Yeef

Why does the reminder text specify creature on lifelink but not deathtouch? Lifelink on spells works going by Soul Fire Grandmaster
Until Soulfire Grandmaster came around, that was kind of a big question mark.

I've always secretly wished that Lightning Helix was just a Lightning Bolt with lifelink.

Firemind

went 3-0

sphinx of the jwar isle might be my favourite non-dragon dragon in limited ever. shroud and knowing your next topdeck on a 5/5 flying body is just so good in limited. too bad they can't easily reprint it because of the card title. i played it in standard too back in the day.

ps. still waiting for a red shroud/hexproof dragon, wizards.

Joe Molotov

Went 3-1 at FNM with Standard Burn and then was undefeated in Swiss and lost in the Semifinals at a 22-man GPT today with Modern Burn.

Burn.

Rakdos version of my Eldritch Offering deck:

Big Boy Burn

kjhlkjoozru.png

The high end is a little lower, but the cards have more play to them being instant-speed and fall can just be cast for small amounts off of stuff like petal and gitaxian probe to kill a couple delvers or whatever. Also, chaining Angler into Hellkite into Fall of the Titans is some real Big Boy damage.

Yeef

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214395363]Wizards needs to make up for red being bad lately.

Instant-speed Forked Bolt plox[/QUOTE]That's already in standard.

164.jpg

Eventually they'll have to print a Vampire Nighthawk with no reminder text, right?

You know, it is pretty weird that neither the two Commander deck printings nor the WPN/Gateway foil promo version skip the reminder text. I guess it hasn't gotten a brand-new printing since they stopped requiring Lifelink reminder text on uncommons.

This is the deck that won the MOCS on MTGO

CpxtkGKVUAA2Tax.jpg:large

It was piloted by Jacob Wilson. Michael Majors played Abzan at the invitational this weekend with Grim Flayers too. Seems pretty good when your opponent isn't casting bolts early and as 4/4 for 2 mid-game. The trample shouldn't be over looked either.

All I need is Caller of the Claw to be reprinted to be modern playable and ill have my dream GBX modern deck <3

It was piloted by Jacob Wilson. Michael Majors played Abzan at the invitational this weekend with Grim Flayers too. Seems pretty good when your opponent isn't casting bolts early and as 4/4 for 2 mid-game. The trample shouldn't be over looked either.

All I need is Caller of the Claw to be reprinted to be modern playable and ill have my dream GBX modern deck <3

Oh wow, I thought they were playing Standard so I hadn't been watching it. Oops.

Yes, the trample on Grim Flayer is very relevant because it makes their chump blockers worse.

LSV drafted Tin Fins in his latest Vintage Cube draft. My favorite part was his arch nemesis Oliver Tiu casually complimenting him in the youtube comments.

Sure that was the nut draw but so much about it could have gone wrong and the matchups shouldn't be particularly good. It's not a joke deck but it's like if infect went full YOLO and dropped blue

I sold all my foils when people started to use them in Infect.

I swear to god I still have a set of foil Hooting Mandrills from my SCG Oakland deck somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom