• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You had one job to do - Square Enix edition

I was pretty happy when I found out that Australia was getting a Steelbook edition of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, so I didn't have to fork out for the dumbass cat helmet edition for 200 bucks. At the same price as a standard edition, I decided to forgo my usual digital purchase route and pick it up retail.

Picked it up this morning on the way to work.

wp_20160823_10_15_22_tpuub.jpg

So far so good.

They ship the game with a regular case and the steelbook case, presumably to simplify manufacturing. The steelbook is generic, they ship the same one with PS4, XBO and PC special editions.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that they shipped real, actual game data, which requires 3 DVDs:

There's just one minor issue.

There's only one spot to hold a disc in the steelbook case. There's 3 discs on the PC version.

i0JO5Us.gif
i0JO5Us.gif
i0JO5Us.gif
i0JO5Us.gif
i0JO5Us.gif
i0JO5Us.gif

Soule

lol I was waiting for the issue as I read through the OP, that's quite a punch line haha. What a bummer

To be honest, the presence of actual offline data on the game disc(s) makes me ignore at the steelbook blunder. since this is somewhat of rarity for modern PC games.

(Too bad PCs are stuck with DVD as the widespread optical drive standard.)

leng jai

Honestly I'd much rather the Steelbook only have one slot, looks better for the inside cover art. Don't see much of an issue at all.

Wait so the steelbook for PC is the same one as XB1 and PS4? Nice. Ill buy the steelbook edition and sell the code so I have both steelbooks. One with this and one with my PS4 CE.

mabec

The steelbook front actually look kinda... terrible. The back however is gorgeous, also, you wont be using the DISCS after you installed it, unless you plan to play it again later, after the GOTY edition is out.

There's only one spot to hold a disc in the steelbook case. There's 3 discs on the PC version.

Not sure about other countries but in my country, I've been often got 2 boxes. One is regular game disc box and the other one is steelcase (PS4).

So literally I have one extra disc space. Lol.

Steelcase is just a collectible. It is nice thing to have and keep it at the safe place.

Not sure about other countries but in my country, I've been often got 2 boxes. One is regular game disc box and the other one is steelcase (PS4).

So literally I have one extra disc space. Lol.

Steelcase is just a collectible. It is nice thing to have and keep it at the safe place.

For DXMD, the Xb1 and PS4 steelbook edition = game inside steelbook with all DLC/day one codes as an insert. No plastic case. Just a slipcover aroudn the steelbook. I thought the PC one would be the same.

Reminds me of Lost Odyssey on the 360 in the US. The final disc was in a paper sleeve with the rest being stacked on the spindle

Are you sure it is a CD spindle that only holds one disc? Some are designed to hold more than one disc.

You can just squeeze a second disc onto it, that was the first thing I tried. But definitely can't take all three. The second disc is clearly not designed to fit, as it barely goes in and at the slightest provocation pops straight out.

CTLance

This is clearly an attempt to cater to an educated, independent consumer. The steelbox is just for future proofing your purchase.

Create images of the three DVDs.
Burn the images and any cracks/mods/guides/trailers and a text file with your keys onto a single Bluray
Put Bluray into steelbox

I don't see the problem, really. ;)

Isn't this one Game exclusive in the UK? and it doesn't come with the PC version? at least according to the site.

That's the high end special collectors whatever edition, which also didn't come with a physical copy of the game in Australia. The Steelbook edition isn't something that came to every region, but does ship along with a physical copy of the game on DVD.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Thought this was going to be about the FFXV Ultimate Expensive Edition missing a ton of shit.

SJRB

Gold Member
Damn, the back of that steelbook is awesome! I should try and find me a steelbook somewhere.

Cmagus

It's actually pretty common now for physical PC releases to do this unfortunately, that or just a steam key slip inside.

Top Bottom