• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Dang it.

Dar Magic-GAF fam at large, if you have cards you don't want, be sure to discuss with the thread first. I've bought cards from folks on here quite a few times now and it's always a better experience for everyone involved.
if anyone has a beta gauntlet of might and wants to get rid of, ship it to me, please.

Sure, and Cavern and Damnation will be there too lololol.
as mythics sure lol

OnPoint

Sure, and Cavern and Damnation will be there too lololol.

They've already actively tried to reprint LotV though. I wouldn't be shocked if she replaced Dark Confidant in MM3. Damnation has also been spoken about recently, and as for Cavern, I'd say Horizon Canopy is more due for a reprint. I honestly wouldn't mind if they reprinted most of the Future Sight lands in MM3 (though Graven Cairns seems underwhleming at this moment it's a nearly $9 card).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gic-online-leagues-circle-complete-2016-08-24

The Draft League shit is -atrocious-. I swear to god they intentionally try to make MTGO worse whenever its possible. Completely killing off swiss drafts for leagues is infuriating.

"As Chris noted above, single-elimination Leagues are currently not possible (though we are looking to add this functionality), so the single-elimination 8-4 Draft will remain available in queue format. "

legit had me on tilt. The only reason they aren't killing off traditional 8-4 drafts for their league shit is because... they couldn't figure out how to actually program it. Theres such a level of incompetence to everything they do.

OnPoint

I really do hope they are reasonable about it.

Safe bet that the next MM will have a more limited print run compared to MM2? Seems like MM1 was too little but MM2 was "too much", which I sorta feel is BS.

MM2 was too much because the value was bad. Put good cards in and it'll fly off shelves.

Magic Story - Leovold's Dossiers - A collection of Leovold's records regarding events in Paliano.
* With Marchesa, he's in the dark as to how she pulled this all off. He'll have to establish new lines of communication with her court.
* He likes Selvala's hats. The reason why there are so many beasts now is that the abolition of mechanical constructs has led to the rich buying exotic animals. Selvala and Adriana didn't form an alliance, but Leovold is suggesting to her to fight for the throne.
* Adriana is causing civil unrest. She is sometimes attacked by assassins, none of which have succeeded yet.
* In regards to Grenzo, Leovold remarks on the violent nature of goblins with smug elf-superiority. He's starting riots, not with any particular purpose, but just to rage against the city.
* Leovold intercepts a record by Marchesa's agents about him. He holds frequent and lavish parties to encourage a "cultural exchange" with Trest. The method by which he displays wealth isn't considered appropriate in Paliano, and is taken as a sign of how backwards and primitive the elves of Trest are.
* A big conflict is looming.

Leovold reminds me a bit of Weyoun from Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

It's looking more and more like Kaya won't play a part in this story anymore, making me wonder about how it's been stated that they have a lot planned for her, including her backstory. I'm guessing that she'll appear in a Standard block, likely not Kaladesh, but probably "Barrel".

OnPoint

The obvious place for her to make an appearance, in terms of return planes, is Ravnica 3. Last we left Ravnica (ignoring Jace), The Ghost Council had imprisoned Teysa and Tajic after a failed assassination attempt if I recall correctly.

Would be smart to hire her to save those characters, especially for some Orzhov on BW fighting action. I'd personally like to see her somewhere else first, then help out there. I'd really like her to start off as a villain and become a friend after a fight.

She could, with her phasing powers, potentially save Sorin, too. I do love the narrative irony of trapping one BW walker in rock, then revealing a BW walker who can walk through it.

Yeef

why doesn't the ghost council just kill teysa

is it that difficult to kill people in mtg
Krlov, one of the members of the Ghost Council, is Teysa's grandfather, I believe. So I could see him wanting to punish, but not kill her.

Theoretically, killing her could also just have her become a ghost herself and harder to deal with.

As for Tajic; we'll he's indestructible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna be so pissed off if the enemy colored lands in Kaladesh turn out to be something dumb like Shadowlands or Battlelands (given that they'd be practically worse than the allied versions of either since they have no synergy with anything other than just basic lands).

why doesn't the ghost council just kill teysa

is it that difficult to kill people in mtg

Teysa has protection from creatures.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, sometimes. I mean, they do definitely kill people.

Doesn't prevent exile effects ;)

Fall of the Titans flavor fail

It's not a flavor fail; Fall of the Titans is a paired card with Bonds of Mortality.

OnPoint

It's not a flavor fail; Fall of the Titans is a paired card with Bonds of Mortality.

Oh shucks, you're right. OOPS

oh ffs

there's just no tension in mtg stories anymore.

the last pw who died is... elspeth? she isn't even technically dead.

Xenagos too.

I'd like if they actually but rarely killed someone relevant in spots where it mattered. The stakes never seem high when everyone survives.

Daedardus

So bought some remaining pieces to set up an Abzan Company or Kiki-Chord deck. Now I only have to wait until CoCo rotates out to pick those up. Do people think it will dip below $10?

I just buy listed nearly $2000 in cards so I can get into MTGO. I just bought Modern Jund and am about to buy my Commander deck. Next I need to decided on what Legacy deck I want to run.

kirblar

The blow up Riot is having over too-tight control of things has a lot of similarities with the issues MTG's had w/ its pro scene over the years and people not being able to make a living off of it. https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/

Specifically this:
Most teams operate at a loss.

Riot makes it hard for teams to get sponsors.Doesn't want ads to distract from lcs/skinsales.

No ad revenue/click revenue share with the teams.

If you replace space with money and brain with bank account, you'd have the typical Magic player.

Much better the brain than the bank account I think! My Magic expenditures are actually really low, I don't play any Constructed formats besides Commander.

I am not a fan of the giant product announcement dump they do now. I can see how it's cutting back on leaks, but man, it's so much less exciting.

It seems pretty clear to me how they got here. They spent about three years beforehand experimenting with different approaches to announcing products -- in PAX panels, on Pro Tour stream, at random on the site -- and none of these were really accomplishing what they set out to do. Announcement Day lets them be much nicer to retailers (who are definitely happy having a six month leadtime on six months of products) and do their announcements while nothing else is fighting for attention. Given how much hype Kaladesh has had, it doesn't seem like it's really a big negative.

They are gonna burn people out on wanting to buy new product.

People say this but I don't really buy it. This year has exactly one more product than the schedule they had from 2013-2015. Out of what they're selling, it's four Standard sets (like they've done every year for over a decade), two Duel Decks (not significant for most people's expenditures), an FTV (super limited and irrelevant to most people), a Masters set (limited supply, high price), Commander decks (price ceiling on these, mostly sell to dedicated Commander players), and a multiplayer set (this, being normal priced and print-to-demand, is the big potential soak of dollars.)

We already know that CN2 is doing really well initially. We also can guess pretty well that if sales are going to fall off for something it'll be one of these side sets, since the main four expansions are driven by the competitive calendar. I'm just not convinced that there's an actual issue where something is actually getting starved out under this calendar.

It's looking more and more like Kaya won't play a part in this story anymore, making me wonder about how it's been stated that they have a lot planned for her, including her backstory. I'm guessing that she'll appear in a Standard block, likely not Kaladesh, but probably "Barrel".

They introduce planeswalkers in these supplemental sets to get them on the board so they're already known when they need to be story-significant later on. We've already seen them do that with Nahiri and to a lesser extent Daretti, and they specifically set up Dack to be heading to Theros' underworld as a plant for the return block there, so I think this is what will happen regularly.

I'd like if they actually but rarely killed someone relevant in spots where it mattered. The stakes never seem high when everyone survives.

I want anything else but them going to the terrible school of TV writing where you just constantly murder characters in incoherent, arc-destroying ways to prove how "hard" and "gritty" you are. In the genres they're emulating main characters die pretty rarely; the volume they've had to date is pretty on-point. If they never kill off anyone else again that'd be one thing, but expecting a regular annual mortality rate on the Gatewatch or whatever is just silly.

OnPoint

I want anything else but them going to the terrible school of TV writing where you just constantly murder characters in incoherent, arc-destroying ways to prove how "hard" and "gritty" you are. In the genres they're emulating main characters die pretty rarely; the volume they've had to date is pretty on-point. If they never kill off anyone else again that'd be one thing, but expecting a regular annual mortality rate on the Gatewatch or whatever is just silly.
I mean I wasn't suggesting that. But they just took out three of the biggest threats ever seen by the multiverse and the only price paid by the Gatewatch was Chandra couldn't walk for a little bit.

It's kinda lame.

Ashodin

Except he's not dead, just merely shelved. Which I expect them to do with all their major planeswalkers anyway. Shelve them then thaw them out for further use

MM2 was too much because the value was bad. Put good cards in and it'll fly off shelves.

I def don't disagree, just hope that Wizards sees it this way (or prints more even)

As for Planeswalkers dying, aren't they tough to kill since they just blink away pretty easily? Does planes walking take a lot out of them?

I mean I wasn't suggesting that. But they just took out three of the biggest threats ever seen by the multiverse and the only price paid by the Gatewatch was Chandra couldn't walk for a little bit.

Yeah, but I think this is more a problem with the BFZ setup in general (putting them up against two surprise titans, then having to wrap them up completely by the block's end, forced them into this bad storytelling structure) than anything else. A CCG with an abstract categorization system like the color wheel and that prints variant character cards for its protagonists every year is actually a great medium to show consequence without having to kill people off, so hopefully we'll start to see that more as time goes on even when characters aren't getting offed.

red13th

I remember the Weatherlight saga when they'd go around randomly killing people and it wasn't more fun because of the deaths, so I don't mind it that much that the Jacetice League are untouchable. The bigger issue is that they are boring as hell.

OnPoint

Yeah, but I think this is more a problem with the BFZ setup in general (putting them up against two surprise titans, then having to wrap them up completely by the block's end, forced them into this bad storytelling structure) than anything else. A CCG with an abstract categorization system like the color wheel and that prints variant character cards for its protagonists every year is actually a great medium to show consequence without having to kill people off, so hopefully we'll start to see that more as time goes on even when characters aren't getting offed.
I get what you're saying. And I don't want them to start offing people on a frequent basis. One maybe every 10 years, if it makes sense to the story, would be fine. But even something like lasting repercussions would go a long way here. Someone loses an arm, for example. I wish they could have left Chandra paralyzed for a while. Something to make these guys show growth instead of cartoon characters in a just another episode where everything is ok in the end. Sometimes you need a New Phyrexia or Garruk going evil to play off the total triumph of Oath of the Gatewatch.

In the end it comes down to them just being boring characters at the moment. I hope it changes going forward at some point and we get to see some engaging stuff come out of these characters. The sexual tension and color pie cliches are gonna get old fast.

Avacyn was probably more popular than a lot of the planeswalkers, and they had the courage to kill her off. For marketing reasons I understand why the didn't kill off anyone of the Gatewatch, but I think they are probably open to killing off side-planeswalkers.

Next time they include Garruk have him kill off someone and then have him killed off as revenge.

At least have a card with Chandra paralyzed before she gets over it. Could have been a sick card.
Chandra of Keral Keep and because she's chairbound she's defensive for once.

+1 Until your next turn whenever one or more creatures attack you or a planeswalker you control deal damage to each of those creatures and their controller equal to the number of attacking creatures.

That's a white effect though and way too long of a templating.

Feeling a bit restless, so I went ahead and drafted the PAX version of the Kaladesh topic.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - PAX livestream and World Championship

LyZesMr.png

Official page
Previous topic: Eldritch Moon (OT8)
Next set: Aether Revolt

Welcome to the Multiverse! Multiple worlds exist side by side in different dimensions, known as planes, and they are as different as night and day. All of them, however, have a form of magical energy known as mana, which can be channeled into powerful spells. Residents of these planes are usually unaware of other worlds, but there are some special beings with the ability to safely travel between them, known as Planeswalkers.

Magic: the Gathering is a Trading Card Game, the first of its kind, developed by Richard Garfield and his playtesters for the gaming company Wizards of the Coast in 1993. The game quickly became a hit, and it is currently bigger than it has ever been. In the standard game, you and your opponent play the role of dueling Planeswalkers, using customized 60-card decks made up of your spells, the creatures you can summon, your mana bonds with lands, and even other Planeswalkers you can call in to help out. Whoever can get his or her opponent down from 20 to 0 life, wins.

In stark contrast to the dreary world of Innistrad, we're visiting Kaladesh, a bright and colorful steampunk plane inspired by India. We had previously seen it in Magic Origins, but this is the first time a set will focus solely on it. Some Kaladesh-themed cards:
45.jpg
227.jpg
165.jpg

As a change from the previous topics, this is starting before the Kaladesh set is officially unveiled at PAX West. In the past, these unveils were a week or so before the start of spoiler weeks, but this time it's immediately before. However, that means there is very little about the set we know for sure, so until Monday, this OP will be emptier than usual. It's also too early to made a witty thread title, but we'll get one soon enough.

PAX West will not just unveil Kaladesh, but it will also host to the Magic World Championship, where the top 24 Magic players of the world come together to compete in a variety of formats. This topic was made after Day 1, but feel free to discuss the other days of the event here.

The schedule is here, and all events will be streamed live. Abridged schedule:
All times shown are Pacific Standard Time, and all events (except one) will take place on the main stage at the Paramount Theatre.

Thursday, Sept. 1

9 a.m.–7 p.m.—World Championship, Day One

The best players from around the world compete over four days to earn the title of World Champion—and their slice of a prize pool worth $250,000. The players battle with both Draft and Standard on Day One.

Friday, Sept. 2

10 a.m.—Doors open to PAX West

11 a.m.–noon—Opening Program

What is the Opening Program? It's the can't-miss debut of Kaladesh! Here we'll reveal the world, mechanics, art, flavor, story—a taste of both the wonderful setting of Kaladesh and of what we have in store for the weekend.

Noon–1 p.m.—World-Building panel

Learn more about the world of Kaladesh, its inhabitants, and what challenges lie ahead for our heroes. Jeremy Jarvis (head art honcho) will be joined by members of the creative team Doug Beyer, Kimberly Kreines, and Ari Levitch.

1 p.m.–2 p.m.—Kaladesh Mechanics panel

Want to learn a bit more about the new mechanics of Kaladesh? The set's designers and developers—including Mark Rosewater, Shawn Main, Ian Duke, Liz Leo, and Ben Hayes—will gather to enlighten you and share a few new cards.

2 p.m.–7 p.m.—World Championship, Day Two

The competition continues with Draft.

4 p.m.–5 p.m. Drive to Work Live (Twitch Room, exact location TBD)

Returning to PAX West for the second consecutive year, Mark Rosewater, head designer of Magic, is joined by special guests Ben Hayes, Sam Stoddard, and Gavin Verhey for a live episode of his popular podcast!

This panel will take place in the PAX Twitch panel room.

Saturday, Sept. 3

10 a.m.–4 p.m.—World Championship, Day Three

The players switch to Modern on the third day of the World Championship, eventually cutting to a Top 4 that will come back to play on Sunday.

4 p.m.–5 p.m.—What's the Story? (Creative Q&A panel)

Have questions for the art and creative team? They have answers. Members of our intrepid art and creative teams—featuring Jeremy Jarvis, Cynthia Sheppard, Tyler Jacobson, Doug Beyer, and James Wyatt—will answer your questions about Kaladesh.

Sunday, Sept. 4

10 a.m.–10:45 a.m.—Kaladesh with the Pros panel

Join a group of Magic's pros for a roundtable discussion on the new mechanics and preview cards from Kaladesh, as well as what it's like to compete in the World Championship. Be among the first to see two new cards revealed during the panel!

10:45 a.m.–11:15 a.m.—World Championship Top 4 Preview

Get ready for the Top 4 of the Magic World Championship as we talk to the players and look at the decks that they'll be battling with to take home the trophy.

11:15 a.m.–5:15 p.m. (approximate)—World Championship Top 4

The Top 4 of the World Championship starts at 11:15 a.m. and doesn't stop till we've crowned a new World Champion! The format will be Standard.

GETTING STARTED
If you're a beginner, feel free to come in--that's why this is in OT, after all. Spoiler season is one of the most exciting times for a Magic player, and it would be great for more to join in. Us regulars can get a bit technical with card evaluations and use a lot of jargon, and many of us will loudly proclaim that a cool-looking card is junk, or say that a lame-looking card is really powerful, but feel free to ask us if you want an explanation.

To see what a game is like, check out Geek and Sundry's Spellslinger series, where Day[9] battles various geek celebrities, often losing, using simple and easy to follow decks.

To get started, check out the official page. Basically:
* It's recommended that new players play Magic Duels (thread). It's a great way to learn the game on your own, and it's free!
* After that point, the act of deck building can be intimidating, so it's recommended that you try out a preconstructed deck and customize it with other cards you get, before you start making your own from scratch.
* For your first deck, starting with Kaladesh, you can buy a Planeswalker Deck, These preconstructed decks come with four new cards unique to the decks, including a new Planeswalker card. If you have a friend to play with, there are also Duel Decks that provide two decks for a game right out of the box, but are a bit more complicated.
* To get your physical collection started, buy a Deck Builder's Toolkit, which includes not just a starting collection of cards (including a lot of lands), but also some booster packs and a good box to store cards in. You could also buy a Holiday Gift Box to get an even larger starting collection and better storage.
* To learn about the theories behind deckbuilding and gameplay, check out Level One.
* Once your skill advances, another popular way to play Magic casually is Commander. Each player chooses a legendary creature to act as commander and then chooses 99 additional cards, one of each card that isn't a basic land (of which you can have any number) and only of the colors of the commander, to make up the deck. In games, each player starts at 40 life and there are typically four or more players. Wizards provides prebuilt decks for this format too.
* While game stores will often hold Magic events at other times, every store that has Magic events will have Friday Night Magic. There, you will be able to find other players in your area to both have matches with and trade with. Find game stores here. And to get started participating in your local game store (LGS) scene, attend a prerelease!

PRERELEASE
While the set won't officially be sold until the release date, that isn't the first time you can get your hands on the new cards. Game stores hold prerelease events for every set, where every player is given a box with six booster packs and a random additional rare card. From this pool of cards, all of which you keep, each player builds a deck of 40 cards and participates in a Swiss-system tournament. This is a fun and casual event, where everyone is still trying to figure out the set, so don't worry about messing up. In addition to normal duels, there are also Two-Headed Giant events, where you pair up with another player and face off against another team.

Prerelease events will be held on September 24–25, 2016. Call your local game store a few days ahead of time to register, or they might just run out of room. Find local game stores here.

RESOURCES
Official articles - Nicknamed the Mothership, these articles are the primary source of news. Recommended columns are Making Magic, written by the head designer, Mark Rosewater (aka MaRo); Magic Story, which tells the story, written by various authors; and Latest Developments, written by various Magic developers. The other articles generally discuss deck building. For older articles before the site changed, go here.
Official card list - Best way to see all of the spoiled cards together, but only updates once a day.
Blogatog - Tumblr ran by Mark Rosewater where he answers questions, updates very frequently.
Drive to Work - Mark Rosewater's weekly podcast about Magic that he literally records as he drives to work. Two episodes are released every Friday.
MTG Salvation's Rumor Mill - The best place to get new card information. The community sucks, though.
Mythic Spoiler - A good way to see what cards have been spoiled, updates throughout the day.
Gatherer - The official method of searching through released cards.
Game store locator

PREVIOUS THREADS
Eldritch Moon (OT8)
Shadows over Innistrad (OT7)
Oath of the Gatewatch OT (OT6)
Battle for Zendikar OT (OT5)
OT4
OT3
OT2
OT1

OnPoint

At least have a card with Chandra paralyzed before she gets over it. Could have been a sick card.

+1 Until your next turn whenever one or more creatures attack you or a planeswalker you control deal damage to each of those creatures and their controller equal to the number of attacking creatures.

That's a white effect though and way too long of a templating.
This is exactly what I mean though. They could do so much more with her design other than burnburnburn, weird card draw, burnburnburn if they actually did something like this.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Wizards needs to stop defining characters by their colors for that to happen, especially because the colors are defined by battles and violence in game. Its boring. That only works with elemental forces or spirits or other anthropomorphized things, not with humanlike characters that you are suppose to indentify with.

I remember the Weatherlight saga when they'd go around randomly killing people and it wasn't more fun because of the deaths, so I don't mind it that much that the Jacetice League are untouchable. The bigger issue is that they are boring as hell.

Yeah, my position here is heavily informed by the Weatherlight Saga, where they took a cast intended to analog to the cast of the Enterprise and pushed them through an endless parade of grotesque, nihilistic violence and death that typically served no narrative purpose and ruined other characters by mere proximity. Anything we can do to stay away from the garbage there is good by me.

They already have a red planeswalker with a wheelchair.

Wizards needs to stop defining characters by their colors for that to happen

That's like literally the entire creative structure of the game tho.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yeah, my position here is heavily informed by the Weatherlight Saga, where they took a cast intended to analog to the cast of the Enterprise and pushed them through an endless parade of grotesque, nihilistic violence and death that typically served no narrative purpose and ruined other characters by mere proximity. Anything we can do to stay away from the garbage there is good by me.

Ok and its a terrible way to create an interesting character. And it wasnt necessary for the pre mending characters or even non planeswalkers post mending. They are boring. Its not like they are sentient mana constructs like angels.

Ashodin

But I have fond memories of at least Invasion -> Apocalypse. That was the height of pre-modern story + Kamahl is a badass after in Mad Max Otaria

No one said anything about a wheelchair I'd have her sit on a throne in Kheral Keep.

Just saying they've kind of got that ground pretty well covered already.

Ok and its a terrible way to create an interesting character. And it wasnt necessary for the pre mending characters or even non planeswalkers post mending.

Like two thirds of the pre-mending planeswalkers are either self-referential jokes like Commodore Guff or incoherent nonsense like Taysir. The ones who are most iconic and best remembered are exactly the ones defined by their color identity like Serra, Freyalise, Jaya, and Leshrac.

But I have fond memories of at least Invasion -> Apocalypse. That was the height of pre-modern story + Kamahl is a badass after in Mad Max Otaria

Your memory does you no justice. Invasion block is the period of killing main characters with random disease and Urza setting up teammates to be murdered and generally just an endless parade of sorrow.

OnPoint

Invasion block certainly felt epic at the time, what with the war, and the casualties, and the betrayal, and the drama. Hindsight reveals it was the epitome of 90s era shock shlock. It's magic's storytelling equivalent of a bad haircut in your high school senior photo. Thought you looked cool at the time, and you grew up to be a pretty ok adult, but man, what were you thinking back then?

Invasion block certainly felt epic at the time, what with the war, and the casualties, and the betrayal, and the drama. Hindsight reveals it was the epitome of 90s era shock shlock. It's magic's storytelling equivalent of a bad haircut in your high school senior photo. Thought you looked cool at the time, and you grew up to be a pretty ok adult, but man, what were you thinking back then?

Yes, Invasion through Onslaught is the Rob Liefield X-Force era of MTG storytelling.

Ashodin

Your memory does you no justice. Invasion block is the period of killing main characters with random disease and Urza setting up teammates to be murdered and generally just an endless parade of sorrow.

I mean yeah, that's the point it was good to me at the time. Looking at the cards from a more mature standpoint, they're terrible compared to today's standards, but the height of intrigue and an all-out war for the fate of the entire plane like no other was still pretty impressive told over three blocks.

The fact that they're untouchable is a huge problem. Sorin was canonically strong enough to snuff all of them out in a 5-on-1 fight if he chose. And who defeated all 3 Eldrazi Titans, and who got trapped in stone?

It's amazingly bad writing. Nissa getting retconned as a xenophobic elvish supremacist with an "oh it never happened" is amazingly bad writing. The entire Gatewatch is built on amazingly bad writing.
I get what you're saying. And I don't want them to start offing people on a frequent basis. One maybe every 10 years, if it makes sense to the story, would be fine. But even something like lasting repercussions would go a long way here. Someone loses an arm, for example. I wish they could have left Chandra paralyzed for a while. Something to make these guys show growth instead of cartoon characters in a just another episode where everything is ok in the end. Sometimes you need a New Phyrexia or Garruk going evil to play off the total triumph of Oath of the Gatewatch.
I want Garruk Worldslayer to off half the Gatewatch.

Blogatog:

mcatoms asked: In an effort to make this speculation season more interesting and hopefully set the correct excitement expectations... Can you tell us if the Kaladesh mechanic has ever been printed before? As in: Is it completely new territory we've never seen OR we've seen the ability but it hasn't been keyworded OR is it something that has appeared in another form but is now perfected?

You haven’t seen any of the (named) Kaladesh mechanics before.

Interesting, no (traditional) returning mechanic then.

Nissa getting retconned as a xenophobic elvish supremacist with an "oh it never happened" is amazingly bad writing.

I definitely don't have the tumblr chops (or honestly the attention span) to dig out the material on this but people who pay more attention to this than I have established that the racist thing comes almost entirely from the Duels 2010 splash screen and people have hung onto it even though all the story stuff in the first couple Duels is pretty much no relation to anything.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Blogatog:

Interesting, no (traditional) returning mechanic then.

I definitely don't have the tumblr chops (or honestly the attention span) to dig out the material on this but people who pay more attention to this than I have established that the racist thing comes almost entirely from the Duels 2010 splash screen and people have hung onto it even though all the story stuff in the first couple Duels is pretty much no relation to anything.

Thats probably because it was the only interesting thing about her. Plus Lorwyn elves are the best elves, those dickheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom