• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best way to format it would be:

+1 "Put an Ice Counter that reads "Target Permanent doesn't untap during it's owner's untap step unless they pay (2) on target creature.

-X "Gain control of target creature that has an Ice Counter on it with converted Mana cost X or less"

Santiako

GP Lille finals were 2 become immense decks (suicide vs infect), with Infect taking it. Become Immense sweating at its future in modern lol

Wow this Bant player took literally the only line that lost him the game.
I think the best way to format it would be:

+1 "Put an Ice Counter that reads "Target Permanent doesn't untap during it's owner's untap step unless they pay (2) on target creature.

-X "Gain control of target creature that has an Ice Counter on it with converted Mana cost X or less"

Counters can't say anything, can they? The cards do something based on the counters but since PWs don't have text outside their abilities that's not an option.

I wish I could find a way to keep it worded like that but also make it stop when she leaves the battlefield, then it'd be perfect.

Counters can't say anything, can they? The cards do something based on the counters but since PWs don't have text outside their abilities that's not an option.

I wish I could find a way to keep it worded like that but also make it stop when she leaves the battlefield, then it'd be perfect.

I was trying to word it like Aquitect's Will, but that really doesn't work for any kind of modern interactions.

I guess the other option would be to word it similarly to Ashiok's -3, where Target creature becomes a "Frozen" creature in addition to it's other types. The issue is with the templating involved to ensure it's not this huge issue.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Wow this Bant player took literally the only line that lost him the game.

I don't know if this is really helpful at all, but here's a pass at a Mr. Mxyzpltk card from a custom Cube my friends and I play with quite regularly.

tmj7cJg.jpg

Bear in mind that the power level of this Cube is ridiculously pushed so that Power Nine cards in there are not anomalies in their power level (though Time Walk still end up being the best card in the whole thing)...

bigkrev

Getting your T1 on the play Glimmervoid into Drum killed or Countered is among the most tilting things that can happen to you :(

y2dvd

Just did my first Conspiracy pod and won with UB. Got P1P2 Weight Advantage and proceeded to draft a bunch of Jeering Homunculus, Garrulous Sycophant, and Illusionary Informants along with Hired Heist and Assemble the Rank and Vile. Hella cheap threats and beat downs.

People get hella salty playing this format tho. It's to the point where I'm rolling a die just to determine an attack because they would take it personal otherwise. It's just a game folks.

The balls Rob Pisaco basically cheating every time he shuffled his deck. No one shuffles face up without some serious shadiness.

i don't even know how eldrazi can win. it's not doing anything powerful.
Turns out getting out a 4/4 on Turn 2 is really strong in a format where Bolt is king.

Santiako

Prediction time, cards that will no longer be allowed in modern a year from now:

·Eldrazi Temple
·Become Immense
·Through the Breach
·Simian Spirit Guide
·(Something from Dredge, probably Troll)

y2dvd

Just won my second Conspiracy pod with UB, all thanks to another Weight Advantage. This time it was easier because I picked up 4 Illusionary Informants this time around, a few Driver of the Dead to get them back, Conspiracy cards to draw or make zombie tokens if they die, and a bunch of cheaper costed fat creautres. Weight Advantage is busted.

Prediction time, cards that will no longer be allowed in modern a year from now:

·Eldrazi Temple
·Become Immense
·Through the Breach
·Simian Spirit Guide

Temple's not going to get hit, considering it's the only thing keeping Eldrazi around as a deck. I can't see GGTroll getting banned again, because the amount of egg on WotC's face would be insane. Otherwise, most of that is definitely problem cards for the format(Fast Mana, Turn 2 kills, Cheating mana costs on the aspect that Wizards has been pushing hard recently)

·Eldrazi Temple
·Become Immense
·Through the Breach
·Simian Spirit Guide

Become Immense yes, due to bringing the key turn of multiple different decks so low; SSG yes, for all the reasons that have been expounded on at length. I don't see any reason whatsoever for the other three.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Modern Dredge isn't broken at all. I don't get why people think Troll is getting banned again.

I've played with and against the deck. It's not Vintage Dredge at all.

Like in what universe does Golgari Grave Troll need to be banned while Affinity is fine.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Modern Dredge isn't broken at all. I don't get why people think Troll is getting banned again.

I've played with and against the deck. It's not Vintage Dredge at all.

Like in what universe does Golgari Grave Troll need to be banned while Affinity is fine.

Well we are about to hit an artifact set, so if Affinity was to get banned, it would happen soon. They havent made a non ridiculous artifact set yet.

bigkrev

Nothing in Modern needs to be banned, they should just unban Bloodbraid Elf.

We had 14 different decks make Top 8 this weekend:

Infect
Suicide Zoo
Hatebears
UW Control
Affinity
Bant Eldrazi
Valakut/Through the Breach
Grixis Delver
Naya Burn
Knight Combo
Jund
Goryo's Vengance/Emrakul
Jeskai Pyromancer

We had multiple other Archtypes make top 16
Ad Nauseam
Mardu Control
B/R Eldrazi
Dredge
Living End
Abzan (non-company)
R/G Tron
Amulet Combo
Elves

And that's not even counting decks like Abzan Melira, Jeskai, Lanturn, Kiki Chord, Boggles, Merfolk, and a myriad of other decks proven playable options in the past few months... if anything, the problem with the format is that there are too many decks capable of putting up good results

Well we are about to hit an artifact set, so if Affinity was to get banned, it would happen soon. They havent made a non ridiculous artifact set yet.

Cranial Plating should have been banned ages ago. There was talk after eye got banned that they didn't ban plating at the same time because after twin they didn't want people to lose faith in the format. That affinity was the only deck on par with eldrazi should really say something.

It would be glorious if there was a pre-emptive banning because they know that Kaladesh has hot stuff.

ironmang

Cranial Plating should have been banned ages ago. There was talk after eye got banned that they didn't ban plating at the same time because after twin they didn't want people to lose faith in the format. That affinity was the only deck on par with eldrazi should really say something.

It would be glorious if there was a pre-emptive banning because they know that Kaladesh has hot stuff.

It really wasn't on par with Eldrazi at all lol. It was just one of the few decks that didn't have a horrific matchup against Eldrazi.

Banning pieces of Affinity right now would be super fucking dumb and would make me quit the format completely. It's a pillar of the format that's not oppressive and very susceptible to hate. Magic is just too expensive for that shit.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nothing in Modern needs to be banned, they should just unban Bloodbraid Elf.

We had 14 different decks make Top 8 this weekend:

Infect
Suicide Zoo
Hatebears
UW Control
Affinity
Bant Eldrazi
Valakut/Through the Breach
Grixis Delver
Naya Burn
Knight Combo
Jund
Goryo's Vengance/Emrakul
Jeskai Pyromancer

We had multiple other Archtypes make top 16
Ad Nauseam
Mardu Control
B/R Eldrazi
Dredge
Living End
Abzan (non-company)
R/G Tron
Amulet Combo
Elves

And that's not even counting decks like Abzan Melira, Jeskai, Lanturn, Kiki Chord, Boggles, Merfolk, and a myriad of other decks proven playable options in the past few months... if anything, the problem with the format is that there are too many decks capable of putting up good results

Jund doesnt need a bomb like BBE.

OnPoint

It's Tezzeret or Bolas. Guaranteed

I wouldn't be shocked. I've been begging for it for a long time. I just think it would be cool if their marketing twisted our expectations with her being the face so far. Also, there aren't many big female villains on the roster right now. We've got Nahiri (won't be back for a bit I bet), Emrakul (sort of a female but probably doesn't count), Elesh Norn (sort of a big villain), Avacyn (dead), Brisela (dead) and... uh... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom