• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Microsale on iPhone, Xbox Live, PSN (Sonic 2006 DLC $1 off!!!!)

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/06/21/sega-mega-sale-a-sonic-birthday-celebration/

Attention, SEGA Fans!

It’s summertime, it’s Sonic’s Birthday, and we’re celebrating all week long with sales on select SEGA games on three different platforms: PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, and the iPhone!

The sales below all have special dates, so be sure to check these for reference:

PlayStation Network: Tuesday June 22nd to Tuesday July 6th
iTunes AppStore: Wed June 23rd to Wed June 30th
Xbox LIVE Marketplace: Thursday June 24th, one day only!

A ton of Sonic titles are going on sale, as well as some SEGA classics for the iPhone.

Check out the schedule for the sale below — these price drops are applicable in North America, Europe, and Japan!

PSN (Tuesday June 22nd to Tuesday July 6th):
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Metal Sonic Death Egg $7.99 $5.49
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Ryo with Forklift Character $4.99 $3.49
Sonic Unleashed Apatos & Shamar Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Chun-nan Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Empire City & Adabat Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Holoska Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Mazuri Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Spagonia Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Very Hard Shadow Missions $2.49 $1.49
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Very Hard Silver Missions $2.49 $1.49
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Very Hard Sonic Missions $2.49 $1.49
Sonic Unleashed Add On Bundle $17.94 $8.99
Sonic Racing Add On Bundle $12.98 $6.49
Sonic Rivals 2 (PlayStation Portable over PSN) $19.99 $13.99
Sonic Rivals (PlayStation Portable over PSN) $15.99 $10.99
Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 Bundle (PlayStation Portable over PSN) $35.98 $17.99​

iTunes AppStore (Wed June 23rd to Wed June 30th):
Super Monkey Ball $4.99 $2.99
Sonic the Hedgehog $5.99 $3.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 $5.99 $3.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 $5.99 $3.99
Streets of Rage $2.99 $0.99
Golden Axe $2.99 $0.99
Super Monkey Ball 2: Sakura Ed. $7.99 $4.99​

Xbox Live (Thursday June 24th, one day only!):
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 $5.00 $3.00
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 $5.00 $3.00
Sonic the Hedgehog $5.00 $3.00
Sonic & Knuckles $5.00 $3.00​

The M.O.B

No Steam sale? missed opportunity for them. They could of had SEGA week like EA had just last week.

EDIT: NVM there are only 2 sonic games on steam anyways :/

The M.O.B said:
No Steam sale? missed opportunity for them. They could of had SEGA week like EA had just last week.

EDIT: NVM there are only 2 sonic games on steam anyways :/

There was actually a Sega week, but that was last month. It was between May 17 to May 24.

Edit: They could have discounted the Sega classic games found on Steam, but that only came out like 2 weeks ago and they are relatively cheap ($2.99).

Looks like it's time to finally buy the rest of the Unleashed and Allstars Racing DLC, provided the sales are the same on PSN and Xbox Li-

Xbox Live (Thursday June 24th, one day only!):
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic & Knuckles

Of course they're not.

Jay Sosa

Ninja Scooter said:
That's a weak ass sale. Is there anything Sega can't fuck up?

I think I already own about 10 different copies of these Sonic games and now I could even play them on my Xbox 360..yeah!

btw.: You have to pay extra to play with Ryo in Sega Allstars?

These developers are really getting ruthless.

nofi

v0yce said:
I'll probably give Super Monkey Ball iPad a try.

Any gaffer reviews for it?

I just bought the damned thing for £5 the day before yesterday. =(

Don't like it - the frame rate's too low and the default calibration is at 45 degrees, so next to unusable. Can't see an option to recalibrate either.

Monkey target is from a cannon, a bit sucky.

Megadrive said:
PSN (Tuesday June 22nd to Tuesday July 6th):
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Metal Sonic Death Egg $7.99 $5.49
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Ryo with Forklift Character $4.99 $3.49
Sonic Unleashed Apatos & Shamar Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Chun-nan Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Empire City & Adabat Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Holoska Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Mazuri Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic Unleashed Spagonia Adventure Pack $2.99 $1.99
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Very Hard Shadow Missions $2.49 $1.49
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Very Hard Silver Missions $2.49 $1.49
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Very Hard Sonic Missions $2.49 $1.49
Sonic Unleashed Add On Bundle $17.94 $8.99
Sonic Racing Add On Bundle $12.98 $6.49
Sonic Rivals 2 (PlayStation Portable over PSN) $19.99 $13.99
Sonic Rivals (PlayStation Portable over PSN) $15.99 $10.99
Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 Bundle (PlayStation Portable over PSN) $35.98 $17.99​
You've gotta be shitting me.

Omikaru

Have all the Xbox 360 games on offer, and I'm not particularly interested in the PSN or iTunes ones.

What would tempt me is if they put the MegaDrive collection for PSP on the Euro PSN on offer. But I doubt that very much.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 $3.00
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 $3.00
Sonic & Knuckles $3.00

I do not have these... hurm. I too wonder is PAL-land included?

What a shitty sale. XBLA has it best with all of the classic Sonic games, but seriously, pretty much anybody who likes them has already downloaded them all by now (I have).

If they wanted to celebrate Sonic's birthday and summer in style, they should have worked to get Sonic Adventure up on XBLA and PSN sooner. THAT would have been sweet.

Just how bad are the Sonic Rivals games? I mean I know they're not great but their Sonic games, so you know that's worth something, right? Which is the better one (or should that be least shitty?)

Sydle

brain_stew said:
Just how bad are the Sonic Rivals games? I mean I know they're not great but their Sonic games, so you know that's worth something, right? Which is the better one (or should that be least shitty?)

This. Considering purchasing one or both of them...

As a Sonic fan who really doesn't feel the need to buy the Genesis games for, let's see, the sixth time (and there's been more opportunities than that), it does bug me to see the PSN sale being put down as the "shitty" one. Even if you don't like Unleashed, ASR is a good game, and it's nice to see the overpriced DLC taken down a notch.

brain_stew said:

I played the first one a little and really didn't care for it. I've heard the second one is better, it looked more interesting in the trailers too, so that's my recommendation.

Kulock said:
As a Sonic fan who really doesn't feel the need to buy the Genesis games for, let's see, the sixth time (and there's been more opportunities than that), it does bug me to see the PSN sale being put down as the "shitty" one. Even if you don't like Unleashed, ASR is a good game, and it's nice to see the overpriced DLC taken down a notch.

It's still horribly overpriced. I got the ASR DLC day one, and felt ripped off. I'd still feel ripped off if I paid that new price. One track (Death Egg Zone) and one character (Metal Sonic) is pathetic, and then there's Forklift Ryo, who is already on the disc, and should have just remained a pre-order exclusive (that's how I got him).

Hell, it wouldn't even be so bad if multiple people could play as the same character, but you can't. So only one person in an online game gets to play as Metal Sonic, and since there's only one new track, you're still mostly going to be playing all the old ones. Online games will be exactly the same as without DLC 95% of the time.

Thanks for the thread title change, mods! :p

Zeouterlimits said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 $3.00
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 $3.00
Sonic & Knuckles $3.00

I do not have these... hurm. I too wonder is PAL-land included?
PAL looks to be included, I have the option on my Australian Xbox dashboard, at least.

brain_stew said:

Anyone?

Banned
Are any of the iphone games good?

The recent EA sale and this sale on the appstore kinda spit in the face of that macworld article. So much for originality

theultimo

PSN downloads are awesomely stupid.

Considering I own all the classic on XBLA twice (once on XBLA, SOnics Ultimate GC as well), this is completely worthless. I might have bought Adventure, but not I'm leaning towards..no.

Top Bottom