• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire the Mafia |OT| A Game of Masquerade

Wouldn't it have been better to just not claim like this? If there was a lot of pressure to vote you out today I could see claiming, but your power makes you an easy opportunity for mafia to waste a night kill. I'm not sure how you've helped us with this confession?

Like I said, I want to try and get town started early at looking outside just voting for me. Day 2 votes were between 2 townies.

I'm not familiar with the flavor but hopefully it's something.

I'm not a usual NK target. After all mafia will only target those who appear very town-like and that isn't me. I've already explained as the game goes on I'm more likely to be lynched than NK. It's my play style unfortunately.

Even if I get lynched today it's not a total lost. I don't have an investigative role. At least you'll know the votes on Day 2 were between MickD and myself, two town players. You should then look to see if Zubz is mafia or town.

batsnacks

People who voted him yesterday or before the claim that unvote now are suspicious because that claim literally means nothing. It can never be vetted and it makes to sense to claim as town.

Also remember that squid, active and vocal CM voter, was the night kill.

CM admits that the decision to claim was made before the day even started. As town CM could have posted his reasonings for all his scummy actions and saved the claim, which is useless, as a very last resort.

This is caught mafia.

Come on people, what use is being a commuter to me if no one thinks I'm town? Mafia's not going to waste a NK on me. No one expect Swamped even mentioned that they think I'm town.

Should I have lied about being a cop or doctor to draw mafia's attention? Maybe but then I'd put the real PRs at risk when I flip. Obviously the real cop/doctor is going to go all out to get me lynched since they know I'm lying.

I'd prefer if I didn't get lynched today but I don't mind either way.

I claimed today in the hope that some of you will believe it and start looking outside voting for me.

Is Zubz mafia or town?
Why did Dr Worm start the bandwagon against me late in the day? (IIRC)
Is it possible that Zubz and Dr Worm are also town? What were mafia doing then?

Swamped

Banned
MickD
Has really had no presence in the game so far. He placed his vote on Gorlak, which without any stated reason from him makes me think it's because Gorlak called him out in post 330. Might be a good time for a prod vote....

VOTE: MickD

For now, I'm happy with where my vote is, so I'll probably be keeping it there.

This is from waaay back on D1, because I couldn't really find anything interesting from Ynnek on D2. What is interesting is that on D1 Ynnek prod votes MickD, posted some extensive summaries about each of the players, and keeps his prod vote. In fact, he doesn't change his vote the rest of the day phase, maybe because it was a safe place to keep it - no danger of any trains of D1. Ynnek revisits MickD on D2, but not before voting Blarg, who was also a prod vote.

Also, this from D1 which is admittedly very thin but I see it as a scum slip.

My vote is still on MickD, but I'll agree, losing him wouldn't really give us much at all to work with. I feel like it's a bad idea to lynch either him or Satanic Saint. Once scum start's going after inactives they'll take care of MickD for us. With Satanic Saint, I'd probably start to get suspicious of him if he makes it through a couple night phases unscathed.

You seem fairly sure that MickD is town.

So I see Ynnek as a player who has mostly had prod votes. So far the only vote that had value was the MickD vote at the end of D2, which may have been between two townies. One could easily construe this as a last minute vote so he wouldn't look inactive and have his 'non-vote' scrutinized the next day. The summaries he posted on D1 showed that he paid attention to the game, but none of them had any town or scum reads.

VOTE: Ynnek7

Fat4all

Banned
I wanna get Hobo's opinion on all this, his reads have been pretty interesting so far.

Agreed. Need more from him. There's a lot to comment on Timey!

My biggest problem with the less active players is that I feel like they are most likely town, but are just kinda coasting.

Whoever you are, Poisoner person, you made a grave error of judgement in targeting me. You can't possibly be Mafia because for the sake of conversational dissonance, no competent Mafia-aligned player would've taken out such a high-profile agent provocateur in yours truly; so, you must be some kill-hungry Neutral filth or else a really, really Bad Town Power Role

I hope you're happy with causing Town to lose the game even faster, you Bad player

terrible decision-making

don't ever make an RPG

tIWeE0L.gif

Goodreads users, Goodreads reviews pls

cough up them Reads Lists, people

I want opinions about every player here, stat

also, FYI, my Author roleplay was a purposeful ruse to help myself conveniently avoid engaging with Gorlak in any substantial form of dialogue

carry on

What makes you think she doesn't?

meanwhile, I'd say that Today has quite a bit of circumstantial evidence towards that too, no?
it's not that I think she doesn't have a role.

I was just wondering why you're so confident that she does.

I haven't thought about it much to be honest.

it's not that I think she doesn't have a role.

I was just wondering why you're so confident that she does.

I haven't thought about it much to be honest.

I don't think that you think I think that you think she doesn't have a Role, you think I think she has a Power Role yet I think you think I'm wondering when you are?

ask CM

Timeaisis

OK, catching up...So we've got more CM shenanigans. Claims a commuter and the 7 votes was just a bit to...uh...catch scum? Or something? OK then.

Then we have Swamped, who CM is blindly aligning with for no apparent reason whatsoever. Swamped I have no strong reads about, but she seems to be distancing herself from CM lately.

Come on people, what use is being a commuter to me if no one thinks I'm town? Mafia's not going to waste a NK on me. No one expect Swamped even mentioned that they think I'm town.

Mafia didn't know you were a commuter until you literally just told them. Now you have conveniently set yourself up for an explanation as to why scum doesn't NK you for the rest of the game.

Fat4all

Banned
|_|x|_|x|_|x|_|x|
|x|_|x|_|x|_|x|_|
|_|x|_|x|_|x|_|x|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|o|_|o|_|o|_|o|_|
|_|o|_|o|_|o|_|o|
|o|_|o|_|o|_|o|_|

I'm actually pretty surprised at the lack of a reaction to Blargs claims overall. Blarg has claimed to be poisoned (I can't imagine they'd lie about that), has claimed to of shifted one ability from one player to another, and then started giving reads left and right but nary a peep from anyone except a few people. Is everyone asleep?
i was :/
. Blargs Dusk read is an interesting one, it does kinda seem like when DS shows up they do so to align themselves in some way or another, then blend back into the haze. Need to look at their past posts more.

Hey Blargonaut, any thoughts in particular on Zubz? I noticed recently that CM starting pushing them a bit more to be considered.

two goat gifs in one day, truly we are blessed

Hobohodo

First thoughts are on blarg, I believe him. I'm echoing others but I can't see what he gains by claiming to be poisoned. On the (sorta) flip side I don't see what someone gained by targeting blarg other an other player. He had been brought up as a lynch candidate already so there was always a chance that he would be lynched the next day, and he didn't really do anything day 2 that I can see would have attracted attention. Just feels like an odd choice of target. I do have a question for you blarg though.

also, FYI, my Author roleplay was a purposeful ruse to help myself conveniently avoid engaging with Gorlak in any substantial form of dialogue

carry on

Why didn't you wanna talk to Gorlak?

CM - Im starting to see CM's (one way?) relationship with swamped as a very outward way of saying they townread swamped, If the pair of them were colluding I can't imagine it being that obvious. I've not got anything to say on the roll, CM can't prove it and it's usefulness to town is gone but I'm starting to lean slightly into thinking that CM is town. Initially I felt the move of brining attention to him and asking for that many votes was just a way to stifle discussion, but instead he has pivoted into brining up many topics of discussion. Wanting discussion is always a good thing in my eyes. Going to have a look at some of those shortly.

Now my final thing goes back to Ynnek and the end of Day 2 when they switched the vote off blarg. I don't see why they thought there vote would have pressured blarg into anything at that late stage of the day so it seemed odd to mention that when they could have briefly said why they voted for Mick.

Trigger

I completely believe Blarg's claim. I don't have much clue as to what the lore for such a role is, but there's no real reason to disbelief him. I could see such a role being neutral or scum. Worst-case he's trying (and failing) to distract from the CM stuff.

I'm not satisfied with CM's explanation. Unless there's some greater picture I'm missing here, I'm willing to lynch him and possibly Swamped.

Swamped

Banned
I say we should vote out Swamped because I redirected her Power towards Christina Mackenzie last Night

CM, confirm

...oh, did you want a reaction?

Whether your action was successful or not, I don't see why that would lead to you concluding to vote for me!

Additionally, you are going to die tonight Blarg, if you really are poisoned. You need to tell us what you did that first night if it helps us piece things together.

CM - Im starting to see CM's (one way?) relationship with swamped as a very outward way of saying they townread swamped, If the pair of them were colluding I can't imagine it being that obvious. I've not got anything to say on the roll, CM can't prove it and it's usefulness to town is gone but I'm starting to lean slightly into thinking that CM is town. Initially I felt the move of brining attention to him and asking for that many votes was just a way to stifle discussion, but instead he has pivoted into brining up many topics of discussion. Wanting discussion is always a good thing in my eyes. Going to have a look at some of those shortly.

I think you are town Hobo. It's very easy to jump on me or CM right now.

Dusk is also an interesting player. I'll read through him next. I sort of early town read him but it's time to shake off those shackles and start looking for scum in blind spots. Trigger is another blind spot. He came very close to being lynched D1, and has been quite composed after that. I'll start with those two at any rate.

Swamped

Banned
Now my final thing goes back to Ynnek and the end of Day 2 when they switched the vote off blarg. I don't see why they thought there vote would have pressured blarg into anything at that late stage of the day so it seemed odd to mention that when they could have briefly said why they voted for Mick.

Care to go any further regarding Ynnek? I'm currently scum reading him.

I completely believe Blarg's claim. I don't have much clue as to what the lore for such a role is, but there's no real reason to disbelief him. I could see such a role being neutral or scum. Worst-case he's trying (and failing) to distract from the CM stuff.

I'm not satisfied with CM's explanation. Unless there's some greater picture I'm missing here, I'm willing to lynch him and possibly Swamped.

Where is the read list you promised? You had a whole phase to come up with it. Classic mafia stalling tactic.

Yeah, the holiday is definitely going to slow down my posting. I'm not sure what input others are waiting for from me in specific. Gorlak's posts were clearly meant to be provocative and it resulted in his lynching. We've got reactions to work with, but it cost him his time in the game. I'll post my list of top town and top scum suspects soon.

First thoughts are on blarg, I believe him. I'm echoing others but I can't see what he gains by claiming to be poisoned. On the (sorta) flip side I don't see what someone gained by targeting blarg other an other player. He had been brought up as a lynch candidate already so there was always a chance that he would be lynched the next day, and he didn't really do anything day 2 that I can see would have attracted attention. Just feels like an odd choice of target.

*snip*

Iknowrite

*snip*

I do have a question for you blarg though.

Why didn't you wanna talk to Gorlak?

*snip*

Who doesn't want to talk to Gorlak

Nothing happened to me last night, as far as I'm aware.

redacted

*ahem*

Maybe squidy WAS on the right track. Maybe he was killed because he is loud and has some sway.

I feel a lot less clouded in my judgement now, having had the night phase to "think" about the D2 proceedings. I had an idea stuck in my mind and wouldn't let go of it, even though the possibility of it actually being real was kinda low. Also, really need CM to comment on D2 end and all the associations with me.

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

Oh dear... I actually had squidyj as scum.

Firstly I should express thanks to Swamped and ynnek7 for believing I'm town (I hope that's the reason why they voted MickD previously).

I have something I need to share with town but first I require your votes. It's 9 to reach majority so I need 7 votes on me.

c'mon

subtlety? pls, I'm too good at this

What x-shot item did she give you last Night and what did you do with it

Honestly, CM, you should be thanking me

It's a 1-shot Commute, isn't it? And you're saving it for Tonight, aren't ya

That's why you're being so daring Today with ur gambit(s)

Ynnek7

Heya, everyone

To respond to Swamped's read on me:
My vote for MickD on day one was a prod vote, because I really didn't like the way they posted so little that day and gave no info as to why they were voting the way they were. When day two rolled around I voted for Blargonaut because I thought putting some pressure on him might speed up his act.

The reason that I chose to change my vote over to MickD was because out of him and Christina Mackenzie, I felt that he was the scummier of the two. I'm not a fan of the "I'm town, believe me" defense, and his posting read more like "resigned scum" than "frustrated townie" to me.

I switched my vote on my phone while at work, and didn't really have the opportunity to write out what I was thinking at the time. I guess I was more reiterating why my vote was on Blarg in the first place.

----
So far, I'm most suspicious of Satanic Saint. I expected him to be targeted by scum by now for claiming investigator. I'm keeping my eye on him. Swamped didn't ping my radar as scum, but I may just not being paying enough attention to her posts.

This is currently where I am with Satanic Saint, see my bit on him from after Night one:

Satanic Saint - Made it through Night 1 safely. Maybe there is no truth to your claim yesterday, but the longer you live now the more suspicious it's going to seem.
----

I actually really liked the Tic Tac Toe game between Timeaisis and Blarg, lol. Reminded me of the Plinko game from PiR.

I'm not sure if Blarg is telling the truth about being poisoned, but I can't really think of a good reason to lie about it either. Would be curious in finding out if he redirected anything on Night one, or what made him chose his redirect last night.

oh god, I didn't know the connotation behind that laughing moon pic, I had it saved from that GAF thread a while back where there were those terrible Cthulhu comics being posted, because I thought I could use it when I wanted to show I was laughing at something that happened during the Night-phase.

Usually I try and source my pics before I post them, but I didn't do it beforehand this time, and now I found out it's apparently part of some shitty racist meme. I'd like to sincerely apologize for posting it. I'm uncomfortable with leaving it there, I want to remove it; I'll screen-cap the text and post the pic to show I didn't edit my gameplay text, and I'll edit the image out, is it okay if I do that?

Top Bottom