• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible (Lab Zero) animated OP to be produced by Studio Trigger and Yoh Yoshinari

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The total is around $300k, which is their estimate based on that level of quality. We were pretty explicit about the quality targets, pointing specifically to the Tales openings and their quality. And that budget is in line with the Tales openings, from what we've been told by our anime contact guy.

For what it's worth, I debated not posting the number, because I'm sure a lot of people would rather we use that much money for something else.

But this is the situation we were dealt:

We were originally told we could announce the studio during the campaign, but they asked us not to at the last minute. Hence a year of "Mystery Anime Studio."

When we built the campaign, the thought was that the studio name would help us sail past that goal and into the other stretch goals. But by the time they changed their mind, it was too late to restructure the campaign and the budget, and we already had a high level commitment on paper.

So just trying to make the best of the hand we were dealt.

Damn. Well, make the best of it then chaps ;)

wildfire

Banned
I hope this collab leads to cross pollination of ideas. I like Ahab's world building and I'm sure Lab Zero could still learn a lot from a more experienced animation team.

Lime

How fitting that the character concept artist of Valkyrie Profile is hired to work on the spiritual successor

This is the metroidlike right? How is the movement in this game looking? Quick and slick like metroid, or slow and slightly cumbersome like guaca/valdis?

Ravidrath

How is the movement in this game looking? Quick and slick like metroid, or slow and slightly cumbersome like guaca/valdis?

While Ajna's fundamentals are mostly similar to those in the prototype, we've tweaked her full-tilt run speed up a bit, given her a dash, and various other little improvements.

We've also shortened the battle transition time, especially in the case that you initiate combat - you can roll right into your attack if you get the first hit in.

On top of that, we've also been adding a number of fighting game-esque "finesse" moves to Ajna's moveset. These aren't critical path, but nice things to help you navigate and get a further advantage in battle.

So, for example, Ajna will be able to unlock a divekick to help her get around, and later will also be able to grapple/supplex enemies to start battles with a major advantage.

So we're trying to make it fast and fun wherever possible.

If you haven't played the prototype, you still can - it's on Steam and PSN.

Finally got to announce the name, and I'd say that name was worth the wait. (Actually, how long has it been since you initially expected to be able to announce this, like half a year?)

This is super cool, congratulations!

DMiz

This is super exciting. I was so impressed by the animation in Little Witch Academia that it still makes me slightly sad that it's only an OVA series and not a full-blown show... but given how well the pacing in both the original and sequel worked, maybe that's for the best.

Can't wait to hear more about the release date for Indivisible! :p

duckroll

This is super exciting. I was so impressed by the animation in Little Witch Academia that it still makes me slightly sad that it's only an OVA series and not a full-blown show... but given how well the pacing in both the original and sequel worked, maybe that's for the best.

Can't wait to hear more about the release date for Indivisible! :p

But there's a full TV series coming out in Jan...

Kthulhu

4rMAzr.gif

One of my favorite anime studios and one of my favorite game devs together, it's like a dream come true.

I can't wait to see the finished opening.

Blues1990

Makes me wish the Vancouver branch of Titmouse could get in on the action, but we don't get the opportunity to work on most of the creative production, as all that is done at the L.A. branch. (Mostly flash builds, BG's, that sort of thing.)

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous. :p

Narroo

Congrats to Lab Zero for finally entering the big time. Ever since Skullgirls kinda blew up in Japan, i was expecting for something like this to happen eventually. Just like Undertale, if the Japanese get their claws into something, they are gonna eat it all up and that includes the industry.

This guy(this studio's entire staff really)was legendary during Gainax's heydey, i can't wait to see exactly what they do with Indivisible
Hm, I never heard much about Skullgirls in Japan. When you say it blew up, exactly how popular did it become?

Skidd

As if things couldn't get any better, my favorite animator/director pitches in on the project.

Yoshinari is a great get for the opening. Congrats Lab Zero!

So like, the Heruka form has to have a shit-eating grin in this, right?

Still, good catch, I hope the 300k it'll cost won't take out too much of the budget.

Dio

Banned
So like, the Heruka form has to have a shit-eating grin in this, right?

Still, good catch, I hope the 300k it'll cost won't take out too much of the budget.

It was a stretch goal. If people didn't want the animated opening it wouldn't have reached the stretch goal, most likely.

I'm curious if Trigger will cut back hard on 0:34-0:47 of the trailer to buffer their budget for a big splurge at 1:15 in the trailer.

Ultimadrago

Niiice, though I'm pretty divided on the quality of Trigger's produced shows I really like their animation/artstyle.

I really dislike Kill La Kill buuut

Thankfully, the Little Witch Academia entries have looked and been great. It's Trigger's best series (unless I'm missing something much more obscure). On top of that, Yoshinari is directing! Write me in as "Definitely excited" in seeing how it turns out.

Fishious

I had kind of assumed/hoped it would be Trigger, but it's great to finally have it confirmed. Indivisible somehow just keeps getting better!

Narroo

Published in Japan by ASW with full Japanese VA cast, physical release, Nescia Arcade release.

I remember that. But how popular was it after it was released? Are people still playing it? Did it ever get closer to other major Fighting Games in Japan?

Dekutulla

On top of that, we've also been adding a number of fighting game-esque "finesse" moves to Ajna's moveset. These aren't critical path, but nice things to help you navigate and get a further advantage in battle.

So, for example, Ajna will be able to unlock a divekick to help her get around, and later will also be able to grapple/supplex enemies to start battles with a major advantage.

So we're trying to make it fast and fun wherever possible.

Can you chain it off of candles? :v

Top Bottom