• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony mobile announcements: Wild Arms, Arc The Lad, Disgaea, Square, 12+ games total

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sony has just hosted their mobile games conference and announced the following titles: http://gematsu.com/2016/12/sony-ann...lf-wild-arms-parappa-nis-square-enix-projects

More: https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/4160/20161207-forwardworks.html

These are iOS/Android games to be clear.

Gematsu said:
Hot Shots Golf

ForwardWorks’ first title will be golf title Hot Shots Golf, due out in spring 2017.

"Minna no Golf is developed by Drecom." - duckroll

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heNLjrsIY5k

CzDk57tXgAImOVh.jpg

20161207-forwardworks-03.png
20161207-forwardworks-04.png

20161207-forwardworks-05-thumb-autox436-52589.png
20161207-forwardworks-06-thumb-autox436-52588.png
20161207-forwardworks-07-thumb-autox436-52592.png
No Heroes Allowed! DASH!

ForwardWorks’ second title will be an action puzzle smartphone entry in the No Heroes Allowed! / What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? series, due out in summer 2017.

"No More Heroes Dash is developed by SIE WWS Japan Studio." - duckroll

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbvSDsmSge0

CzDluVJW8AAr1r-.jpg

20161207-forwardworks-09-thumb-autox490-52577.png
20161207-forwardworks-10-thumb-autox490-52578.png
20161207-forwardworks-11-thumb-autox490-52576.png

20161207-forwardworks-12-thumb-autox490-52579.png
20161207-forwardworks-13-thumb-autox490-52580.png
20161207-forwardworks-14-thumb-autox490-52581.png
Arc the Lad

A reboot project that continues the story of the famous PlayStation RPG Arc the Lad featuring the original staff is in development.

"Arc the Lad is developed by AltPlus." - duckroll

Trailer (first half): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA0ElTosDF8

CzDnMpwXgAARy0N.jpg

20161207-forwardworks-16.jpg

20161207-forwardworks-17.jpg
Wild Arms

A reboot project of Wild Arms, the popular RPG series celebrating its 20th anniversary, that follows a new story and features the original staff is in development.

"Wild Arms is developed by Wright Flyer Studios." - duckroll

Trailer (second half): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA0ElTosDF8

CzDohmuXUAQ_yJA.jpg
Doko Demo Issho, PaRappa, and Boku no Natsuyasumi

The Doko Demo Issho, PaRappa, and Boku no Natsuyasumi series will sequentially be developed for smartphones. Details will be announced at a later date.

CzDoxL2XAAA2tOk.jpg
Disgaea and Yomawari

In partnership with Nippon Ichi Software, ForwardWorks will develop game apps based on the Disgaea and Yomawari series.

CzDpfWvXgAAS6xw.jpg
Square Enix

Square Enix and Forward Works are progressing on a joint project for smartphones. Details will be announced at a later date.

CzDpt3UWEAMVo7E.jpg
Sora to Umi no Aida (The Space Between Sora and Umi), [New IP, Sakura Wars Creator]

ForwardWorks is also working on its first original title, Sora to Umi no Aida (The Space Between Sora and Umi), which is an original work and under the general management of Sakura Wars creator Oji Hiroi.

"Sora to Umi no Aida is developed by ForwardWorks." - duckroll

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KadmNkTD_6M

CzDrpdAW8AAS7AC.jpg
Project Field

A new game experience, Project Field is real trading card game platform fused with a smartphone application developed by Sony Corporation. ForwardWorks will offer content for it.

CzDuAwgW8AAYhIZ.jpg
Yo-kai Watch for Project Field

The first game content being developed for Project Field is from the Yo-kai Watch series.

CzDuMoeXcAAc8Li.jpg

I know people will probably be whining about this, but honestly Hot Shots makes sense, and Wild Arms and Arc the Lad seemed dead as a doornail to me, so I'm open to seeing them again. Especially if those games have original staff on them.

Worst case scenario, I'll ignore them. ¯|_(ツ)_|¯

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So Wild ARMs is being rebooted for mobile phones huh.

NateDrake

Meanwhile at Sony HQ:

"Hey, let's make all these awesome games for mobile!"

"What about the Vita?"

"The hell is that?"

Arc the Lad would be a perfect fit for mobile. I hope it won't be f2p though.

As for Wild Arms, judging from the pic I guess it'll be a characters gacha game.

Ogawa-san

I know people will probably be whining about this, but honestly Hot Shots makes sense, and Wild Arms and Arc the Lad seemed dead as a doornail to me, so I'm open to seeing them again. Especially if those games have original staff on them.

Worst case scenario, I'll ignore them. ¯|_(ツ)_|¯
I usually don't bother with mobile gaming but HSG is one of those games that wouldn't really lose any functionality with touch controls. I'd play it.

Eusis

Wild Arms makes a weird sort of sense when you remember a lot of Media Vision's recent work has been on mobile anyway.

Will have to wait and see what comes of this. Hopefully not a bunch of gacha type junk.

ggx2ac

Note for people interested. These are planned for Japan and other parts of Asia, there probably has to be some kind of demand to get them localised in the west.

JordanN

Banned
Meanwhile at Sony HQ:

"Hey, let's make all these awesome games for mobile!"

"What about the Vita?"

"The hell is that?"

To be fair, why does it have to be either or?

When even Nintendo is making games for mobile despite having a handheld that sold 60 million, it would be weird for Sony to stay on one path.

The handheld wars are lost. Lets just hope the money they make on mobile can be siphoned back to their consoles.

Shouta

I'm really excited. I just hope they aren't gacha games because there's a high chance of it being half-baked instead of a good quality F2P game.

Oregano

I see what Shu was saying about Sony using Mobile differently than Nintendo. Nintendo is very much focusing on active, big brands.

Takao

Banned
CzDoxL2XAAA2tOk.jpg

Doko Demo Issho, Parappa and My Summer Vacation to come at a later date.

Wild Arms makes a weird sort of sense when you remember a lot of Media Vision's recent work has been on mobile anyway.

Will have to wait and see what comes of this. Hopefully not a bunch of gacha type junk.

Wild Arms isn't being developed by Media Vision.

NateDrake

To be fair, why does it have to be either or?

When even Nintendo is making games for mobile despite having a handheld that sold 60 million, it would be weird for Sony to stay on one path.

The handheld wars are lost. Lets just hope the money they make on mobile can be siphoned back to their consoles.

It's just a joke. Sony should pursue the mobile market since the odds of a Vita successor are slim to none. If they do an approach similar to Nintendo and bring a new audience to niche IP this way and expand with full entries on consoles, then it would be a win for gamers wanting to see new entries to titles like Wild Arms.

Rixa

I guess I need to clear dust from my PS3 and play WA3 for the nostalgy. Got a feeling that Mobile WA will be gacha styled.

"Congratz you pulled this awesome (max) 3* pea shooter"
"Congratz you pulled this awesome 5* bullet hell machine"

Now buy 5 Bullets only for 0.99$ / 0.99€ / 0.99£.
(Euro & Pound users being kicked in the arse because reasons).

wrowa

Are there any big Japanese F2P games that aren't using gacha mechanics at this point? I just can't stand those.

expel

Yeah this is the 20th anniversary celebration title they have teasing. Kaneko gave a message about it at this conference. (Sad face)

If they can use the mobile market to bring new eyes to Wild Arms, then so be it. It may be the best shot we have of getting a new console release.

ggx2ac

Okay, maybe that's not all the announcements. They mentioned a collaboration with forwardworks and square Enix but not saying more for the time being.

Top Bottom