• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batmobile from Justice League revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Haha "new" batmobile have more guns. Seems like an odd choice given how much batman grew as a character by the end of BvS in which he doesn't kill Luthor because Superman brought out his humanity by....dying,

I fucking love this universe.

IconGrist

It just goes to show you have far people who respect Batman as a character will go to preserve the no-killing aspect.

No matter how unbelievably stupid the explanation is.

Someone once argued that Baleman's kills didn't count because he hoped those people didn't die.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm almost convinced he didn't actually read any of the text. His intepretation of The Dark Knight Returns makes sense if you assume he flicked through the pages only looking at the imagery.

'Batman has a tank with a machine gun on it, and he's blasting away these bald dudes. That's totally cool.'

'Oh look he snapped that gun in half - Batman must want a bigger weapon than that!'

It just goes to show you have far people who respect Batman as a character will go to preserve the no-killing aspect.

I don't know who tries harder: Dash, you or me.

Ainsz

Frank Miller created the concept for his 1986 comic The Dark Knight Returns...

12474374672_SPLASH.jpg

This idea was adapted into the Tumbler for the Nolan universe but Nolan actually toned the design down to make it less extreme than Miller's literal urban combat military tank Batmobile. The current Batmobile is like a combination of the Burton Batmobile and the Arkham Knight series Batmobile.

Thanks for the explanation. Good bit of trivia.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
"I have this review that says the batmobile doesn't have enough guns. Let's fix that"
"Zack, I think they were sarcastic."
"I don't care where they're from, they're right. The audience wants more guns! They loved the matrix, the matrix had lots of guns. Do it!"

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
At some point it has to be more dangerous to be inside the Batmobile than out.

What if a stray bullet hit one of those missiles? Wouldn't the person inside be at the center of massive chain explosion?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
BvS & JL have let me down with their batmobile. It feels too much like Nolan's when I was hoping for a new take.

- J - D -

The Snyder-verse Batmobile is even worse than Batman Forever's. At least that one had personality, as did the one from Batman & Robin.

Mega

Banned
Wow that's hideous. I wasn't a big fan of the Tumbler either. I'm not asking for TAS Batmobile or even '89 Batmobile, but why can't we get something roughly in this shape again?

maxresdefault.jpg

Iconic to Batman, sleek, simple enough.

televator

Wow that's hideous. I wasn't a big fan of the Tumbler either. I'm not asking for TAS Batmobile or even '89 Batmobile, but why can't we get something roughly in this shape again?

maxresdefault.jpg

Iconic to Batman, sleek, simple enough.

Its just too damn low IMO. There's a reason cop cars aren't 2cm off the ground. A trailer queen track car isn't ideal for crime fighting in all situations. For this to work, it would require a pneumatic adjusteble suspension like a kneeling city bus and for Batman to be aware of every single pothole and bump on every street.

Bleepey

Oh I know, but I like calling them out on their shit.

Everyone just seems to forget this too, huh? Which he used right before dropping bombs at the feet of the Joker's henchmen in the ACE Chemical factory and killing them all.

Haven't you got the memo, Snyder is an unapologetic edge lord with the mentality of a 13 year seeing tots but with the fondness for extreme shit and violence at the same level as a 8 year old in the 90s? Say it with me now, Snyder was the first person to make Batman or Superman kill, don't let the other movies and comics fool you.

jviggy43

Haven't you got the memo, Snyder is an unapologetic edge lord with the mentality of a 13 year seeing tots but with the fondness for extreme shit and violence at the same level as a 8 year old in the 90s? Say it with me now, Snyder was the first person to make Batman or Superman kill, don't let the other movies and comics fool you.

Idk about others, but the major problem with this for me was less that he made them kill and more so that the conflict between them was so artificial given that they both kill yet felt the need to pretend the other's methods were irreconcilable. Its the equivalent of watching two serial killers arguing about the morality of their own methods.

Additionally with this image, a lot of people (including WB) have argued that Batman underwent this change at the end of BvS which made him reconsider his views and stances on his methods. This ostensibly flies in the face of any such notion by essentially just amplifying those methods with the new model. Even if there is presumably a reason for this in the upcoming movie, its hard not to find this a little bit funny.

LIES. Kevin Conroy was absolutely perfect in TAS.

He was perfect in Mask of the Phantasm and in the early seasons of TAS. But he switched to auto-pilot pretty quickly imo. Not that I've ever hated his work as Batman, I've just never had that much reverence for his performance. Hamill is the GOAT Joker but Conroy is like my third or fourth favorite Batman.
Diedrich Bader was godly.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It's almost like the standards of how comic characters are presented has changed in the last 20-30 years. Burton has made it brazenly obvious he isn't interested in comics, much less Batman as an actual character. Snyder is supposedly coming from a place of reverence, so the fact that we still have to put up with these versions of the character that are so tonally off-putting is inherently going to annoy people.

He was perfect in Mask of the Phantasm and in the early seasons of TAS. But he switched to auto-pilot pretty quickly imo. Not that I've ever hated his work as Batman, I've just never had that much reverence for his performance. Hamill is the GOAT Joker but Conroy is like my third or fourth favorite Batman.
Diedrich Bader was godly.
When I say TAS I mean just the original 3 seasons. The New Batman Adventures (AKA "season 4") is when his Batman became work rather stiff because of the way they changed the character.

There have been great Batman performances since then but Conroy is still my favourite for TAS and Phantasm alone.

Jackpot

Banned

Again, it's transparently disingenuous to pretend that Batman hasn't been reset since the 80s and aggressively rebranded as a no-kill vigilante. Comics, films, cartoons, and video games have it as a central plot point.

In TDK and Arkham Origins the center-point of Joker's plans was to try and get Batman to kill someone, anyone, in order to break him. BB has him falling out with the League of Shadows because he won't kill. In TDKR he knocks Catwoman's gun out of her hand even when surrounded by a whole bunch of thugs. The Red Hood had a whole speech about why he couldn't kill the Joker. Miller's The Dark Knight Returns insisted on using rubber bullets.

The list goes on. To suddenly transition to Batman carrying out airstrikes and obliterating people is going to cause a noticeable disconnect.

Osakadon

In my mind I have always imagined the bat-mobile being a sleek, streamlined, impenetrable vehicle. The old 60's bat-mobile, the 80's bat-mobile, the cartoon bat-mobile all shared that same design aspect. The new ever since the batman and robin movie where the bat-mobile looked like a traveling disco the bat-mobile designs have been garbage in my eyes.

I imagine something like the concept ideas below.

Batmobile-Stingray-Carscoops10.jpg

the-batmobile-egoista-is-like-superhero-supercar-fusion-cooking-video-95677_1.jpg

my_batmobile_by_mlopezart-d4xvlr6.jpg

Monocle

I really like how they took the Tumbler and made it awful.
Yeah, it's a mess.

In my mind I have always imagined the bat-mobile being a sleek, streamlined, impenetrable vehicle. The old 60's bat-mobile, the 80's bat-mobile, the cartoon bat-mobile all shared that same design aspect. The new ever since the batman and robin movie where the bat-mobile looked like a traveling disco the bat-mobile designs have been garbage in my eyes.

Batmobile-Stingray-Carscoops10.jpg

the-batmobile-egoista-is-like-superhero-supercar-fusion-cooking-video-95677_1.jpg

Much better.

We know how much batman likes the guns and the killing. And the branding. Is there a bat brand in there? The cigarette lighter, maybe?

That looks like they've just taken a Lamborghini and stuck some fins on it...
792233b6398749fb8618ebb2e2baad35.jpg

I don't mind this, I honestly don't mind the BvS batmobile... but it doesn't need that stupid turret at the front (or any of the guns for that matter)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom