• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog 1991 (not 2006) coming to PSN with trophy support.

Strike said:
I thought not releasing a sequel on PS3 was enough. Also
ro7Q5.gif
at a 4 year old game getting trophy support over MGS4.
Over MGS4? You're acting like Sega published MGS4. Sonic getting a trophy patch has nothing to do with MGS4 not getting one.

Azure Phoenix said:
I hope to god it turns out that they've had some lone Sega employee stuffed in a basement for the last 5 years, desperately trying to fix that game and this is the fruits of his labour.
I fear that man will never be the same again.

Azure Phoenix said:
You know what, day one. I'm buying this simply because it's such a fucking stupid idea. I hope to god it turns out that they've had some lone Sega employee stuffed in a basement for the last 5 years, desperately trying to fix that game and this is the fruits of his labour.
With luck, it was your avatar.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so this piece of shit got trophies support and a PSN release but not Yakuza Kenzan or Valkyria Chronicles.

amazing work as usual from SEGA.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LiquidMetal14 said:
Can't.....can't we just delete PSN before this happens?

Let's all agree to power down our PS3's on the day of release and not turn them back on until 2012

it's a silent protest

DR2K

Banned
The only way to fix Sonic 2006 is to give each and every Sonic fan a monetary reparation.

Steroyd

HAHAHA now I can see how shitty it really is, without spending a penny... but still... what a wasted free game slot. :(

Strike

Blu_LED said:
Over MGS4? You're acting like Sega published MGS4. Sonic getting a trophy patch has nothing to do with MGS4 not getting one.
True, but it still doesn't mean it isn't funny because I don't think anyone asked for this.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
All over somebody else face
That should've been my intitial reaction
What a glorious day this has been. One of the best news days in a while. And the best is never to come You Mother is a Whore.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Zomba13 said:
Is it wrong I want to kill that guy for calling it a classic? If he was serious of course.
I'm surprised he managed to not laugh so hard while typing that he didn't make any typos or spell hysterically.

Synless said:
Classic shit.
Finely aged to perfection. Why isn't it bottled yet?!?!!?

Foxix Von

Zomba13 said:
Is it wrong I want to kill that guy for calling it a classic? If he was serious of course.

No, that's actually a very normal response. Especially if you have a personal history of being diagnosed with Sonic 2006. It's a truly debilitating and painful disease to live with and he's clearly ignorant of the lives this affliction has effected. Your anger is not unjustified and he should be severely reprimanded for mocking the people who have to live with this.

Teknoman

Absolute classic example of a bad game.

The soundtrack was/is awesome though...which really sucks that it had to be wasted on that Sonic title.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
I read this post and immediately thought:

"Wait, what? Why? Who? This can't be right."

I checked into it here at SEGA, and I have news that I think the world will be happy to hear:

This is false.

In fact, the game that is coming out is actually the original Sonic the Hedgehog - a real absolute classic, and one with far faster loading times.

The sony rep got his games mixed up. I'm sending them an e-mail now to ask that they correct it.

Hope this clears things up!

Emitan

RubyEclipse said:

I checked into it here at SEGA, and I have news that I think the world will be happy to hear:

This is false.

In fact, the game that is coming out is actually the original Sonic the Hedgehog - a real absolute classic, and one with far faster loading times.

The sony rep got his games mixed up. I'm sending them an e-mail now to ask that they correct it.

Sonic 1991 had load times?

RubyEclipse said:

This is false.

In fact, the game that is coming out is actually the original Sonic the Hedgehog - a real absolute classic, with far faster loading times.

How much of your tea did you spit out reading this thread's title for the first time?

RubyEclipse said:
This is false.

Thank,
fucking,
god.

...That rep painted a pretty scary picture. Then again, now this falls back to "remastered" = emulator with filter plopped over it once more.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Diablohead said:
How much of your tea did you spit out reading this thread's title for the first time?

Heh, you have no idea. I was about to go yell at somebody in the digital department if it was true.

@BillyChu - See Teknoman's reply. :)

crowphoenix said:

First comment:

I still think that this is better than sonic colors and unleashed
DarkWes89 3 hours ago

Sixteenth comment:

Its Not A bad Game Your Just a Bad PLayer :)
PhoneHouseholdHacker 2 days ago

Fourty-first comment:

i know this game has issues, anyone notice some of the same in maro galaxy, i sure did.
92glacial 1 week ago

One hundred and sixty-seventh comment:

I just imagine if when mario 64 was released already existed youtube and IGN, it would be the worst game ever (search for mario 64 speed run 20 minutes and see those bugs, you are a crazy person if you defend a game with those bugs).
BLUELINKBR 3 weeks ago

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Katana_Strikes said:
They did. Now they just putting em on a virtua shelf instead.
No, we're not. The info is false, and Sonic 2k6 is stuck in an eternal loading screen somewhere deep within the SEGA code vaults in Japan.

Crisis (city) averted.

Mama Robotnik said:
First comment:
Sixteenth comment:
Fourty-first comment:
One hundred and sixty-seventh comment:
That's nothing, you should see how many people in the PSN blog comments said they were excited to play Sonic 06. I thought I'd fallen into some alternate dimension.

Top Bottom