• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo CE Anniversary Terminal trailer released

aasoncott

snoopeasystreet said:
Looks great.

Is that meant to be guilty spark talking? he sounds different to me.

Yes, they brought in the same voice actor. Though this particular track was recorded specifically for the trailer, so there's a chance the audio treatment in the trailer is a little different than what's actually in the terminals.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that looks incredible, GREAT JOB!

also, i heart 343 GS.

aasoncott said:
Yes, Microsoft brought in the same voice actor. Though this particular track was recorded specifically for the trailer, so there's a chance the audio treatment in the trailer is a little different than what's actually in the terminals.

ah cool. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Petrichor

Can't put my finger on it but you can just tell they dont have Marty doing the music anymore... it's a shame. You can tell it's an imitator at work rather than the master.

Tadale

Pretty exciting to have this new stuff in the game. Halo's story is actually pretty good as far as video game's go.

aasoncott

Mikasangelos said:
We need screen grabs!

Just grabbing some stuff now, I'll post them in a minute.

Here you go. Sorry they're a little small, they're blog-sized.

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

nexen

Darklord said:
Yeah, it sounds different. It's not exactly a new voice actor but something is off about it.

Compare to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acAZkcpbIL8
Odd that they would change the voice for a 'remastered' version. Especially when they are in position where they really need to prove that they can do Halo as well or better than Bungie. Bad decision, imho ...but it is only a very small thing. I just hope it isn't indicative bad decision making in general on the project. I want them to succeed for many reasons.

I have to say, that looks awesome. I'm wicked excited to be revisiting the "original" Halo with new secrets and insight into the Forerunners. That feeling of exploration in the original Halo...In HD...With new stuff...Zo...My...God...

As for the voice, it's different but it's also new material. The voice actor's voice has changed. The equipment used for recording has changed. They may also be using a different filter on the voice. I wonder if the voices in the actual gameplay the same voice samples from the original or have they been re-recorded?

Aaron

nexen said:
Odd that they would change the voice for a 'remastered' version. Especially when they are in position where they really need to prove that they can do Halo as well or better than Bungie. Bad decision, imho ...but it is only a very small thing. I just hope it isn't indicative bad decision making in general on the project. I want them to succeed for many reasons.
The voice was filtered in the original game. It's unfiltered in the trailer. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same, or new but filter in the remake.

Will these sequences shown in the trailer be present (in their full form) in the game in any way? A cutscene unlocked if all Terminals are found perhaps? Or was this made specifically for this trailer?

Must be depressing to work on something like this and be all excited to show it to people, just to have everyone bitch about the sound of what is apparently an isolated VA recording session.

Miggytronz

FunkyPajamas said:
Will these sequences shown in the trailer be present (in their full form) in the game in any way? A cutscene unlocked if all Terminals are found perhaps? Or was this made specifically for this trailer?

I think what was told was each terminal will present a cutscene.

FunkyPajamas said:
I think the messages we find in the terminals will be pretty similar to this one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm holding back on watching these... I really wanna experience it in-game for the first time. Still, though, so hyped.

cory021

Neo Member
Great job. I love watching the Halo rings tearing apart the different locations.

I'm interested to see what the terminals are like. I wouldn't think they are just pieces of text like in H3 and Reach. I'd be cool if they were like little videos. Or maybe just audio like in ODST.

FyreWulff

snoopeasystreet said:
Looks great.

Is that meant to be guilty spark talking? he sounds different to me.

Same voice actor, higher recording quality, less filtering.

All dialogue in the original cutscenes etc is still the original recordings.

nexen

Genesis Knight said:
Must be depressing to work on something like this and be all excited to show it to people, just to have everyone bitch about the sound of what is apparently an isolated VA recording session.
Yes, but that is the nature of the work. If the 343 guys aren't used to it by now they will be soon.
Rest looks great and I am hyped about the game. Hyped about the property and (at least) some of the team members on 343 are absolute rockstars so I'm excited to see new work from them on any project.

Top Bottom