• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Dear Forza-Age,

I know It must be annoying for you to have me in this thread.
I'm always complaining, never happy or impressed, always pointing out your horrible, horrible taste in cars (yes, Porsche and Pagani are boring manufacturers, yes the BMW on the CE cover is hideous), but in the end, we all share the same passion.

Cars.

Cars make us happy. Big cars, small cars, sport cars, station wagons, SUVs, hatchbacks, Ferrari, Saab, Mercedes, Toyota, Holden, Fiat, Renault, it doesn't matter. They inspire us and all of them are special, in one way or another.

Why am I writing this? No, it's not because I'm really awesome, but because I'd like to bring this thread to your attention.

http://secondapps.com/neogaf/showthread.php?t=428720

I know some of you already know it and I know that thread is a bit older, but it would be such a waste to let this wonderful thread die and I'm sure you agree with me.

Share your passion with the rest of GAF, Forza-Age.

Sincerely,

your cookie-cutter motherfucker

Mascot

drugstore_cowboy said:
Did you pick up the tuning kit too?

No, but they are pretty tweakable in standard form, apparently. I'll see whether it's necessary after having a play with them this weekend. Looks like I need to mod my Playseat slightly to mount them though..!

Mascot

G Rom said:
2010 BMW Motorsport #79 Jeff Koons BMW M3 GT2 Art Car

Beautiful. That texture resolution simply HAS to be carried over to user-created liveries this time around.

G Rom said:
Edit : BADNED confirmed Hockenheimring in the Forza Central car & track list.

FM4's worst-kept secret confirmed :lol..!
I hope it wasn't a toss-up between this one and Spa though. I really can't see Hockenheim's apppeal after beasting it in Shift 2.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
HawksWinStanley said:
That's just incredible. I could listen to Clarkson's voiceover stuff for hours. All the details are spot on and I love their design concept with all the angular pop up info. Everything is just extremely well done. Turn 10 is killing it.
And to think that these bastards will more than likely keep adding dlc autovista cars.. Shit will be magical man I can't fucking wait.

This shit will be a tribute to clarkson by the time he passes away, if they keep the TG partnership going to FM5 it'll be mind-blowing to see how they improve from this.

Automotive encyclopedia.

Joe White

eek5 said:
OK.. everytime i see one of these I want this game a little more

I noticed something strange during that video. Not only did I wanted the game, but i also started reasoning why I should buy that car also.

eek5

Slayer-33 said:
And to think that these bastards will more than likely keep adding dlc autovista cars.. Shit will be magical man I can't fucking wait.

This shit will be a tribute to clarkson by the time he passes away, if they keep the TG partnership going to FM5 it'll be mind-blowing to see how they improve from this.

Automotive encyclopedia.
If that 2 year TG partnership = autovista cars with JV voiceovers for 2 years..... HHNNGGG

Autovista is definitely one of the biggest draws of the game for me. I'm going to lose hours upon hours exploring these cars.

Seeing a Zonda in all its million-poly AV glory will cause me to violently empty my bowels.

G Rom

Mascot said:
FM4's worst-kept secret confirmed :lol..!
I hope it wasn't a toss-up between this one and Spa though. I really can't see Hockenheim's apppeal after beasting it in Shift 2.

Well, there's three points on the map posted earlier in the Germany/Benelux region. One is for Hockenheimring, one is for Nürburgring so it remains to be seen what is the third one (would be dumb to separate the Nordschleife and GP tracks on the map, no ?).

BTW, over at Forza Central :

porsche 914/6 said:
interesting that badned didn't confirm sonoma while he was at it. I don't have any idea what the other dot in northern california could be, maybe thunderhill?

BADNED said:
No need to hurry, everything will be fine! The planets are still circulating!

For those unaware, Sonoma is the town in which Infineon Raceway/Sears Point is located :
Sonoma%20Infineon%20Raceway.jpg

saladine1

I'm very happy to see the classic BMW's making a comeback for FM4.

But, with all these car lists flying around of potential cars being in FM4, of all those hints from B among other things, the lack of any mention,any indication of classic Australian cars making a debut for FM4 has me very,very,very worried....
I swear, if our vehicles don't show up in this iteration, i'm going to go all M24 sniper from clock tower ape ahit!
It has been 14 years since GT1 and 6 years since FM1 and still we have nothing.....!

Help me Turn 10,help me before I turn into this..

PLLsn.jpg

h3ro

ilkercruiser said:
How many vehicles will be explorable via Autovista in the final game?

The only thing we know for certain is that it won't be every vehicle. Most likely, it will be the heavy hitters/supercars and other cars with a rich history/backstory.

Also, for Automotive-GAF that hasn't ventured over into the F1 thread... Sky HD to take over F1 rights from the BBC in a convoluted deal that sees Sky get every practice/Quali and race while the Beeb gets a handful of race only and summary shows. :/

What a crap thing to wake up to.

Mascot

h3ro said:
The only thing we know for certain is that it won't be every vehicle. Most likely, it will be the heavy hitters/supercars and other cars with a rich history/backstory.

...or quirks, unique and/or unusual features, I'm hoping.
Looking forward to seeing if they a/v any chrome-heavy 'classics'. The reflections will be sexual.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
...or quirks, unique and/or unusual features, I'm hoping.
Looking forward to seeing if they a/v any chrome-heavy 'classics'. The reflections will be sexual.
I'm sure that's the case.

Sign me up pls.

ShapeGSX said:
This video of the Kia Cee'd shows the car leaning a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2TDDQYF8s

I think that a Mosler MT900 just doesn't lean all that much. If it did, the chin spoiler would be kissing the pavement.

Found a video of that other show with the MT900:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvaQdoOLyS8

That's essentially just a race car. Tiff hits some bumps and the nose dives some. But no such bumps were hit in the Forza video.

Now, they obviously don't have all of the bumps of the real track. I'm not sure that's feasible.
Thanks, now I look silly! :)

Maybe the newer cars physics will look good, but the Mosler just seems to be lacking something. Gt5 and shift do undulation bumps quite well though.

Surely the Mosler would be bouncing all over the place on the test track as most other cars on there exhibit some bounce and some 'edge of control' moments IRL.

G Rom

ilkercruiser said:
How many vehicles will be explorable via Autovista in the final game?

Posted this 3 pages ago :

McLaren F1
Enzo Ferrari
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
Ferrari California
Lexus LFA
McLaren Mercedes-Benz SLR
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Ford GT
Lamborghini LP670-4 SV
Lamborghini Reventon
Aston Martin One-77
Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85
Bugatti Veyron
Koenigsegg CCX
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Gumpert Apollo S
Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
Ferrari F40
TVR Sagaris
BMW M5 F10

These are the known Autovista cars so far.
I hope we'll see more cars from other continents in the Autovista car list. Things like the AC 427, the Daytona Coupé, the original Viper, the modern Viper ACR, the S7, the NSX, the GT-R, the Furai, the HKS Lancer, the GT-One, Super GT cars, NASCAR cars, V8 Supercars could easily qualify for Autovista treatment in my books.

G Rom said:
Posted this 3 pages ago :

McLaren F1
Enzo Ferrari
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
Ferrari California
Lexus LFA
McLaren Mercedes-Benz SLR
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Ford GT
Lamborghini LP670-4 SV
Lamborghini Reventon
Aston Martin One-77
Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85
Bugatti Veyron
Koenigsegg CCX
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Gumpert Apollo S
Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
Ferrari F40
TVR Sagaris
BMW M5 F10

These are the known Autovista cars so far.
I hope we'll see more cars from other continents in the Autovista car list. Things like the AC 427, the Daytona Coupé, the original Viper, the modern Viper ACR, the S7, the NSX, the GT-R, the Furai, the HKS Lancer, the GT-One, Super GT cars, NASCAR cars, V8 Supercars could easily qualify for Autovista treatment in my books.
No Mazda rotary FAIL. :p

h3ro said:
787B please. Thanks Jube.
Imagine looking into the engine bay of an RX3 or first gen RX7.... Droooooooollllllll......

While I'm at it, Holden LC Torana GTR XU1 please.
22531380003_large.jpg

t3-lj_gtr-xu1-06.jpg

Perfect for taking on big American V8s around Bathurst.

Oh, did I mention that we need Bathurst?

eso76

evil_as_skeletor said:
Thanks, now I look silly! :)

Maybe the newer cars physics will look good, but the Mosler just seems to be lacking something.

I've been watching all the vids and playing fm3 quite a lot and I'll tell you what's going on in those bowling videos.

When you play Forza with a controller cars won't look the way they should in replays, especially with steering assist enabled (which, to a degree, is necessary when not using a 900° wheel).
Assists will always make cars look like they're being dragged across the road by some magnetic field; drifting and using handbrake may look as bad as Ridge Racer at times.
This only happens when using a controller, though; a controller allows for sudden direction changes which shouldn't happen in real life; even when using analogs you sometimes have to 'tap' the stick, which in real life would be the same as turning the wheel lock to lock in a fraction of second.
If the game were to visually simulate this you'd see the car jerking around a lot, Forza 'solves' this by just toning body roll down a lot for quick controller inputs.
I know other games solved the problem (at least visually) in a way that looks much more believable, but i am willing to bet that turning all assists off and using a wheel you will see none of those issues with the physics.

Just take a look at how different cars look in fm3 when using a wheel (or when the AI drives them) versus using a controller. And body roll is certainly improved over fm3, although maybe still too little.

Other than that; i really really liked what i saw. Lighting on that Ford in ISR bowling video looked spot on, the interiors are clearly visible now and it's a lot harder to tell menu models from ingame ones at least in these vids. The official video with the mosler looks and sounds amazing, too bad the car itself is probably one of the ugliest vehicles ever :p

Autovista is unbelievable and i really liked how they even mimicked Top Gear shooting and editing style with extremely quick pans and mere frames long cuts on details. I hope Microsoft isn't even thinking of changing Clarkson voice for localized versions. Subtitles only, thanks.

Edit: Already in love with the menu amd autovista music from that isr video :D

shinnn

eso76 said:
Just take a look at how different cars look in fm3 when using a wheel (or when the AI drives them) versus using a controller. And body roll is certainly improved over fm3, although maybe still too little.
Good point.

AI driving:
egs1zp.jpg

2vsqau0.jpg

350wbdg.jpg

28ajgxx.jpg

I honestly don't know how I am going to last the wait until release.

The only thing left to truly hope for is greatly increased track variety. I'd be happy with five or six new tracks that have multiple iterations. Also, any DLC tracks need to be incorporated into the career mode.

BADNED

saladine1 said:
I'm very happy to see the classic BMW's making a comeback for FM4.

But, with all these car lists flying around of potential cars being in FM4, of all those hints from B among other things, the lack of any mention,any indication of classic Australian cars making a debut for FM4 has me very,very,very worried....
I swear, if our vehicles don't show up in this iteration, i'm going to go all M24 sniper from clock tower ape ahit!
It has been 14 years since GT1 and 6 years since FM1 and still we have nothing.....!

Help me Turn 10,help me before I turn into this..

http://i.imgur.com/PLLsn.jpg
Does a XB satisfy you for the beginning?

Mascot

FunnyBunny said:

The demo (on Bernese Alps, probably) should help.
There will be a demo, right? RIGHT?

FunnyBunny said:
The only thing left to truly hope for is greatly increased track variety. I'd be happy with five or six new tracks that have multiple iterations.

I believe we probably already know about all the new tracks that ship with the game, all five of them probably (as per the leaked video). Spa and Bathurst, although probably already finished, will probably come as DLC two months and four months after release for unlubricated wallet-rapage. Probably.

FunnyBunny said:
Also, any DLC tracks need to be incorporated into the career mode.

THIS. Nurburgring GP-Strecke was criminally underused on my console because I kept forgetting it even existed.

FunnyBunny said:

The only thing left to truly hope for is greatly increased track variety. I'd be happy with five or six new tracks that have multiple iterations. Also, any DLC tracks need to be incorporated into the career mode.

By playing Forza 3 of course!

Mascot

evil_as_skeletor said:
Gt5 and shift do undulation bumps quite well though.

Surely the Mosler would be bouncing all over the place on the test track as most other cars on there exhibit some bounce and some 'edge of control' moments IRL.

Agreed, FM4 needs to show stiffly-suspended cars rattling and jerking around more that it currently does. There's too much suspension travel and not enough chassis shake.

saladine1

BADNED said:
Does a XB satisfy you for the beginning?
WHAT?!!!!!?!!!?!!!!?!!
WHERE??!!?!!?!!!?
HOW???!!!!?!?!!!?
WHEN????!!!!?!??
WHY??!!?!?!?!?!
WTF??!?!?!!?
BADNED??!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT SON OF BEECH WADUFUCK!!!???!?!?

OH MY GOD?!?!?!?!?

B, please tell me you're not joking?
Don't play with my emotions B,please.
And beginning?......You mean to tell me there could be more down the track?
Holy shit!!
iIlef.jpg

Here's a montage I made. Turn 10.......take your pick...

wrtFO.jpg

saladine1 said:
WHAT?!!!!!?!!!?!!!!?!!
WHERE??!!?!!?!!!?
HOW???!!!!?!?!!!?
WHEN????!!!!?!??
WHY??!!?!?!?!?!
WTF??!?!?!!?
BADNED??!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT SON OF BEECH WADUFUCK!!!???!?!?

OH MY GOD?!?!?!?!?

B, please tell me you're not joking?
Don't play with my emotions B,please.
And beginning?......You mean to tell me there could be more down the track?
Holy shit!!
iIlef.jpg

Answer this man BADNED before something happens! Don't play with our emotions like this!!!

Edit: You are one dedicated man saladine.

Top Bottom