• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF hypothesizes: Capcom x Namco x Sega, by Banpresto

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacuk

After the somewhat surprising and not really explicit news of a project for 3DS involving Capcom, Namco Bandai and Sega, I come to the source of all gaming meta-knowledge to ask about the possibilities of it.

For me, it is either a remake of the Capcom x Namco PS2 RPG + some Sega characters, or a Super Robot Taisen-like kind of game with these game companies' characters as game characters (the Banpresto connection).

What do you think about it, GAF?

fernoca

Well, they all have in common mechs/robots. So could be some kind of Cross-game that plays like Virtual On; and has characters from some of their games controlling mechs. :p

Saturday Night Slam Masters X Green Dog X Point Blank in the first action platforming Guncon wrestling game

Street Fighter X Tekken X Snail Maze

RPG or fighting game.

I'd personally hope for the former. As amusing as "___ x ___" fighting games are, I would say Capcom have their plates full at the moment in that regard.

squall23

SRW-style SRPG with each company's characters. Don't lie, you all know deep in your heart that you'd love to play this. Expect high class 2D sprites with high class battle animations.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't see why we couldn't having hypothesizes discussion at the announcement thread because there's nothing going on there due to lack of informaiton? so why new thread?

to keep this post OT, I really hope that they would work on fighting game for 3DS and Wii U.

As much as I would love for this to be a FIGHTER...

I assume it will be something related to super robot wars or some strategic game with mechs in it.

Secondly, it might be a Namco x Capcom Super Robot OG Saga styled RPG ( which I wouldn't mind ) But I still would prefer a 2D fighter, hell ill take a party fighter like Smash or Jump even.

Not getting my hopes up for anything.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Onimusha, Yoshimitsu, Shinobi crossover.

Nah, it'll be a moe mishmash for massive local sales.

TreIII

A game that's never leaving Japan?

I believe that will depend more on what type of game it is. I would like to think that a fighting, platformer, or sports game would have a higher likelihood of leaving Japan than a RPG, SRPG or Dating-sim of some sort.

Bebpo

Banned
I believe that will depend more on what type of game it is. I would like to think that a fighting, platformer, or sports game would have a higher likelihood of leaving Japan than a RPG, SRPG or Dating-sim of some sort.

I haven't followed the news exactly, but if it's really "x banpresto" then there's no speculation, the game is an srpg/rpg crossover like Namco x Capcom, Heroes Phantasia, and SRW. That is what banpresto does.

There's no way it would be a fighter or anything else if banpresto is involved.

Platy

As i said in the other thread, they are both companys that already worked with Nintendo proprieties ....

Capcom made the Oracles and the Minish Cap Zelda games

Namco did both Star Fox Assault and the Arcade Mario Kart

Sega did F-zero Gx,the arcade version F-zero Ax and both Sonic & Mario in the olympic games

it's going to be a video game with capcom, namco and sega characters

by banpresto

Actualy nobody is sure that this will have characters from both companies ...

It can be a very japanese game by namco with new characters

that is then utilized in a fighter by capcom

and then when it is stabilished as a franchise, sega would make a crappy sequel that totaly ignores evertyhing that made the past games amazing

TreIII

I haven't followed the news exactly, but if it's really "x banpresto" then there's no speculation, the game is an srpg/rpg crossover like Namco x Capcom, Heroes Phantasia, and SRW. That is what banpresto does.

There's no way it would be a fighter or anything else if banpresto is involved.

I suspect a SRPG too, but all the same I'm not ready to eliminate all doubt, either. After all, didn't Banpresto make the Ultraman Fighting Evolution series in the PS2 era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom