• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

jeep-logo-seat-cover.jpg

FUCK OFF JEEP.

Le sigh. It's still a pretty classy shirt, could have been so beautiful ...

jeepmarchisio1.jpg

dc89

Wow. I remember when City went to Burnley ( I think ) and it was pretty close to being rained off, like 2/3 seasons ago.

That though, is something else.

Kem0sabe

Probably the bribes didn´t include proper drainage. I hate it when i have to work with Brazilian contractors, they will talk their way out of anything.

Shamoon Hafez ‏@ShamoonHafez
Dzagoev asked about Utd move:"I dont know what will happen after the tournament. I have desire to try myself in other clubs in Europe" #MUFC

I doubt he moves to United but another indication he will be leaving his current club before too long.

Why, why, why, WHY, WHY, WHY ruin a fantastic shirt with that fucking sticker? It makes no sense. RAGEEE!!!! I can only imagine that this is how Jeep wanted it, seeing how their 'official logo' is black letters on white background. Fuck. :/

http://www.pssautomotive.com/product_images/uploaded_images/jeep-logo-wallpaper-595x446-500x375.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That makes sense for Jeep, having the sticker makes their logo more visible than the simple white word. We had a similar thing too (btw, this has been my last Milan shirt. They're too small, ffs):
[IMG]http://www.nencinisport.it/update16/images/articoli/Adidas_Maglia_Ufficiale_A.C._Milan_200708_JR_Adidas39340.jpg
I remember that Galliani said that when they showed that shirt, if the brand is in a sticker is better, because it's easier to see. I agree that white on black is still clearly visible, but I think that they just wanted to be safe.

K1LLER7

Shamoon Hafez ‏@ShamoonHafez
Dzagoev asked about Utd move:"I dont know what will happen after the tournament. I have desire to try myself in other clubs in Europe" #MUFC

I doubt he moves to United but another indication he will be leaving his current club before too long.

I'd take him, he'll be really cheap but not sure it'll happen. The Kagawa deals took a long time to finalise, want to see him holding that United kit.

I'd take him, he'll be really cheap but not sure it'll happen. The Kagawa deals took a long time to finalise, want to see him holding that United kit.

I doubt Dzagoev will be cheaper than 15 million. No way CSKA gets rid of him for less than that. Especially if Honda is leaving too.

Only 6 months left on his deal so it'll be a discount price for sure, if not on a free if he just runs down his contract. (Although Darren Can on twitter made a good point that nobody can really be sure what the terms of his contract are in Russia).

Looks like a talented player so I'd obviously take him but yes, I can't see it happening. Thing Kagawa deal has taken as long as it has because he's been away on internationals and has to apply for a work permit. Nick Powell deal was wrapped up very quickly once a fee was agreed.

Meier

I don't think he'll be that cheap. Transfermarkt has him as a £14 million value but that was before the tournament... in fact, it was last updated in December of 2011. Their valuations are usually pretty realistic. He'd probably cost at least £20 million you'd have to think.

Only 6 months left on his deal so it'll be a discount price for sure, if not on a free if he just runs down his contract. (Although Darren Can on twitter made a good point that nobody can really be sure what the terms of his contract are in Russia).

I am not sure where the idea that he'll be available on a free is from -- they (transfermarkt) list him under contract until June 30 2015. They could be wrong of course.

I don't think he'll be that cheap. Transfermarkt has him as a £14 million value but that was before the tournament... in fact, it was last updated in December of 2011. Their valuations are usually pretty realistic. He'd probably cost at least £20 million you'd have to think.
Edit - Nvm, posted above.

Contract is up in December. Also transfermarket sucks balls. :p

Meier

Contract is up in December. Also transfermarket sucks balls. :p

I dunno, as a rumor aggregator it's pretty solid although you obviously have to take their likelihood percentages with a grain of salt. Their listed valuations seem spot on 9 times out of 10.

Like I said though, they could be wrong about him having signed a new contract but I don't see why they would have made it up?

You think that matters?
ThisisRussia_2779948.jpg
Ahaha, yes, good point, that's why I mentioned before that since he plays in Russia who knows what the exact terms etc of his contract are.

Still, I think he will be moving on before too long and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not for a massive fee. If his contract is up, then it's up...right...

I dunno, as a rumor aggregator it's pretty solid although you obviously have to take their percentages with a grain of salt. Their listed valuations seem spot on 9 times out of 10.

Their valuations is exactly what always seems way off, as soon as it's not from a top club. Nevermind their info is often wrong (hell they even often have players at clubs they have never played on but only been rumored to).

Ahaha, yes, good point, that's why I mentioned before that since he plays in Russia who knows what the exact terms etc of his contract are.

Still, I think he will be moving on before too long and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not for a massive fee. If his contract is up, then it's up...right...

I remember reading rumours last year that his contract got extended till like 2014-15ish.

As for the price, there is something that you guys need to understand about Russian players. Since the Russian league has a foreigner limit that means that decent russian players are always valued at a premium so I doubt CSKA would let him go for cheap.

Kem0sabe

Fucking hell, i was browsing the off-topic community forum and came upon the "My little Pony" thread...

Those people make us look sane by comparison (tits and all). :D

I remember reading rumours last year that his contract got extended till like 2014-15ish.

As for the price, there is something that you guys need to understand about Russian players. Since the Russian league has a foreigner limit that means that decent russian players are always valued at a premium so I doubt CSKA would let him go for cheap.
Ah okay. Fair enough, interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I'm guessing you would like it if he left? Or you want him to stick around to keep the league competitive?

Ah okay. Fair enough, interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I'm guessing you would like it if he left? Or you want him to stick around to keep the league competitive?

I'd prefer if he stayed. It's not like they would ever win the league with Slutsky( great name huh?) as their manager anyway.

But if he does leave I think Spain or Italy would be best for him. Don't think English football would suit him too much.

GorillaJu

This Menez character is quite good. Really should watch Ligue 1 more often if they're producing footballers like Menez, Belhanda, Remy, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom