• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riots in Haren, NL - "Project X Haren", rumored deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

(Project X, movie this party has been dubbed for)

NO DEATHS. ONLY INJURED.
Dutch girl Merthe (16) created a facebook event for her Sweet 16th birthday party. Instead of inviting people herself/leaving the event open to her friends, she (accidentally) left it open to the entirety of facebook and just about all of Holland got wind of the party. Address visible, people knew where to go at what date.

Tonight's that night.

About apparently 15 000 (I'm just throwing a number I read on multiple reports) people showed up in the small town of Haren, Groningen. Merthe herself fleed with her parents to a different place. What started out as a viral and (I personally think) had potential to be an actual party had Haren's commune done it right (use a nearby field or location for a small festival and get people to go to a festival, give them something to do) went to absolute shit as the night progressed.

There are currently riots and SWAT units and it's not getting any better. People are dancing on rooftops, breaking down houses, overturning cars, ambulance personnel attacked...

album_large_1361369.jpg

ANP-1180_20701548-980x5801.jpg

577064_366473900096354_1550309917_n.jpg

ANP-1180_20701564-568x426.jpg

Discuss.

Might be NSFW.
Livestream #1
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/derpderpderp1111

Livestream #2
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/project-x---haren

Live Twitter account (Google translated)
http://translate.googleusercontent....enLive&usg=ALkJrhjZixEpzlFafvFl3pBlljRaFyg3EQ

Chuckie

This was bound to happen. It was clear this morning it would happen.
I don't understand why they didn't stop trains and bus-services to Haren.

It's time for rubber bullets and start shooting at that scum.

7threst

This was bound to happen. It was clear this morning it would happen.
I don't understand why they didn't stop trains and bus-services to Haren.

It's time for rubber bullets and start shooting at that scum.

You're right, but things could've been different if they (the council of Haren) arranged that open field for the people to go there and guide them there instead of just waiting what would happen (and everybody knows that when large groups of people have noting to do, they are going to enjoy themselves no matter what) and having to deal with these riots.

SJRB

Gold Member
No one died. No one is overturning cars. No one is breaking down houses.

Get your facts straight.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Get your facts straight.

From the few minutes of that stream I've seen so far, there were people throwing bikes at riot police, heavy flower pots (they couldn't properly lift) and fences. Before you rebut me, sure that's not houses or cars, but people sure seem to be behaving like animals over there.

MNC

Get your facts straight.

Never said someone did die. Only rumors.

Busting windows is breaking down houses but w/e.

As for the overturning of cars; got multiple reports from different sources it happened and I'm pretty much going blindly by the 'official live twitter account' that claims it reports independently.

Hoo-doo

Banned
According to nu.nl there has been 1 arrest. Nothing more.

Lot of bullshit floating around about this event, so don't believe anything before it's confirmed.
Fucked up that some of them are vandalizing property though. Bunch of assholes.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Lot of bullshit floating around about this event, so don't believe anything before it's confirmed.

Stream reported 4 arrests now.

Wazzim

Banned

That may just be the failure of the dutch police force instead of a reflection of the situation.

Volimar

I'm not surprised. The Benelux countries are a quagmire. We thought we'd be greeted as liberators, but you see how long that lasted. They've been that way for centuries and our involvement isn't going to change things. We should just pull out and let them go back to tribal warfare. BRING OUR TROOPS HOME OBAMA!

Chuckie

I'm not surprised. The Benelux countries are a quagmire. We thought we'd be greeted as liberators, but you see how long that lasted. They've been that way for centuries and our involvement isn't going to change things. We should just pull out and let them go back to tribal warfare. BRING OUR TROOPS HOME OBAMA!

lmao...nice one man.

Holland? Unsurprising, they are all probably out of their mind on jazz cigarettes obtained from their coffee shops. This is totally normal behaviour for a drug fiend.

Arjen

That's right, we don't your freedom!

Arjen

I've been to Haren loads of times, and the "funny" thing is, this is pretty much the last place that you expect this sort of thing to happen.

Sadist

I kinda laughed about those little douchebags.

"Yeah, the police were jumping on our backs what did we do. They need to back off, we're not doing anything wrong"

teh fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom