• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters |OT| Now with dudes

hachi

Banned
i07vCGtgkaJK1.png

Platform: 3DS (retail and eShop) demo available on eShop
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo / syn Sophia

Release Dates:
October 22nd (NA)
November 16th (Europe) New Style Boutique
September 27th (Japan) - わがままファッション Girls Mode

Boxarts:
236Tpm.jpg
EaWhMm.jpg
SHPSJm.png

is4bNRATqNg80.png

~OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION~~
In the Style Savvy™: Trendsetters game, you take on the role of a budding fashion mogul, styling your way to the top of the fashion world.

Manage your own boutique and help customers find the perfect outfit by keeping up with fashion trends, stocking new clothes for your store, and customizing your shop to reflect your personality. With thousands of styles to choose from, it's up to you to build a fashion dynasty like no other!

~GAMEPLAY BASICS~~
  • Shop management: use sales profit to buy inventory and build out your targeted looks. Redecorate, dress mannequins for window display, and promote your shop's style.
  • Your customers: unique personalities, lighthearted mini-bios (“She became a vegetarian on a dare. She hates vegetables!”), and various fashion dilemmas. Try to meet their needs within budget, or impress them enough to turn out a higher purchase.
  • Yourself: customize your own look to represent your shop. Redecorate your apartment, visit the stylist, or manage contacts, plans, and messages on your cell phone.
  • The city: visit the cafe, the park, downtown, and more; bump into your customers or find other fashionable types.
  • Competitions: put together an ensemble to win on the catwalk. Make a name for yourself in the single-player story, or compete locally with friends.
  • Miscellaneous: snap screenshots anytime and save to an SD card; AR functionality; Streetpass; online boutiques and local multiplayer (see below); Dudes

~FURTHER READING~~

Iwata: The customers are…enemies? (laughs)
Yamagami: Yeah. And their requests regarding budget and clothes are like attacks that, as the salesperson, I have to find a way to deal with.
Iwata: That's like a fighting game! (laughs)
Yamagami: Against the attack of a customer's budget being 20,000 yen, I have to use the weapons I have on hand to satisfy that demand. So I'll look over my fashion items, and luckily there's no time limit, so I'll think awhile, turn over all sorts of possibilities, and then suggest something at the very end—as if shouting "Fire weapons!"
Iwata: You don't sell, but rather shoot. (laughs)
Everyone (laughs)

ikaeHzQ3LQ668.png

12,000 unique clothing items and accessories

~STYLES~~~
click names for examples!
Basic | Girly | Preppy | Pop | Sporty | Retro | Feminine | Luxury | Boho-chic | Asian-inspired | Princess | Gothic | Flirty | Bold | Edgy

iEpi1kwdT7Jfo.png

~BRANDS ~~~
(fictional)

AZ-USA | Harlow Heights | Le Spark | Über Cloth | Teatro Amare | Cantata Modo | Zip Line | Zhade | Mint Sprinkles | Marzipan Sky | Marble Lily | Cantata Tasca | Raven Candle | soymilk | StageDive | STRAVA | Kanokoi | PopQuiz | Castellan | Dept. 9 | Aeronef
ibvxRzdRVXGyKL.png

iNHP22GMVEYpQ.png

sp-2.jpg

Streetpass
Fill out your profile card to exchange via Streetpass; select a screenshot to attach. You'll be able to see each other's shops and receive items.

Visit the boutiques of players you Streetpass, visit the Fashion Plaza online to freely browse, or enter Shop Codes you've exchanged (see below).

Local Fashion Shows
  • Host fashion shows with up to three additional friends over local wireless (each must own a copy)
  • Pick a competition theme
  • Combine wardrobes from fellow players to build your outfits

~GAF SHOP CODES~~~
(use this format and I'll add you here)

Shop Name: Room Seven
Manager: hachi
Shop Code: Z90V50F68

Shop Name: Change Hart
Manager: Cissi
Shop Code: Q67H06G52

Shop Name: Eula Capra
Manager: Vatrinne
Shop Code: L97M06M08

Shop Name: Gachi•Luna
Manager: Nam
Shop Code: E78B31G89

Shop Name: Aphrodite
Manager: Patrick
Shop Code: H14D04B72

Shop Name: Ideis
Manager: Muilen
Shop Code: F43N86N98

Shop Name: Circus Maxim
Manager: Lena
Shop Code: Q45K43G09

Shop Name: Never Nude
Manager: Bobby
Shop Code: V51P11L52

Shop Name: Antebellum
Manager: Cassi
Shop Code: J12M22J39

Shop Name: La Ti Da
Manger: Poppy
Shop Code: G15I15E89

Get coordinating!

hachi

Banned
Hopefully there's not too much of an emphasis on the dudes. Men's fashion is just so utterly boring.

The men's fashions are about as prominent in the game as they are in my thread. In other words, a humorous footnote to something otherwise focused on the ladies.

But they did work to ensure the men's clothing would remain interesting enough by giving it a feminine touch:

Hattori That's right. They aren't necessarily the kinds of clothes that men themselves want to wear.
Iwata They're the kinds of clothes that a girl might want her boyfriend to wear.

i7jyfPHwVR3Q6.jpg

kunonabi

I'm very close to picking this up with Layton and Theatrhythm on the Target sale. I really shouldn't though. Style Savvy problem wouldn't leave my 3DS for months.

Parham

Banned
The eShop version weighs in at about 10,500 blocks. It's times like these that make me consider getting a larger SD card.

Robin64

The EU name and box makes it all seem a bit too serious. Really surprised they didn't just slap the Touch Generations logo on there too.

Nonetheless, I really want it.

hachi

Banned
I'm not a big fan of either the NA or EU boxart. But the Japanese cover is quite beautiful.

The eShop version weighs in at about 10,500 blocks. It's times like these that make me consider getting a larger SD card.

I was also somewhat taken aback by the download size. Though the game does make smooth use of some stylistic, pre-rendered movies at key moments, and contains a gazillion items, so I suppose it's justified.

The EU name and box makes it all seem a bit too serious. Really surprised they didn't just slap the Touch Generations logo on there too.

Nonetheless, I really want it.

Maybe I'm wring as I'm a bloke but I can see the European box and name being far better, the American one looks like its aimed at 10 year olds where as the European one would appeal to women and also to younger girls as any younger girls interested in fashion like the idea of being more mature

Anyway I'm sure my Mrs will probably want it, she wanted the original but never got round to buying it

mollipen

I hate that I've had this for like two weeks now and have yet had the chance to really play it.

Also, you can call it "princess" Nintendo of America, but we all know its real name!

Terrell

The men's fashions are about as prominent in the game as they are in my thread. In other words, a humorous footnote to something otherwise focused on the ladies.

But they did work to ensure the men's clothing would remain interesting enough by giving it a feminine touch:

i7jyfPHwVR3Q6.jpg

2 things: it's a shame that there wasn't a larger focus on the male side. It discourages my purchase because of that. Also, I would wear that if the vest was a darker color, but I'll be damned if I would do that to my hair.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The weird Bratz faces are somehow even creepier on the newer, more realistically-proportioned models than they were on the old ones.

mollipen

I'm going to end up having way too much fun with taking photos in the game.

HNI_0007.JPG

2 things: it's a shame that there wasn't a larger focus on the male side. It discourages my purchase because of that. Also, I would wear that if the vest was a darker color, but I'll be damned if I would do that to my hair.

I do wish that there was an option for male characters, so that guys who want to play the game would feel like they're welcome to. It's such an odd situation—usually I'm arguing about inclusion in games because of no choice for female characters, and here I'm presented with the opposite. *heh*

hachi

Banned
Regarding the Shop Codes (and post them when you have them), indications are that the EU and NA regions can share codes, but not with Japan. So anyone here importing or playing the (J) version may not be able to interact with the rest of us online.

Vamphuntr

I played the demo and I was really bad at it. Someone else mentionned in the other thread that the shop running aspect was cool so I might buy this eventually when it's cheaper. Deal breaker will be if you can play as a guy.

rpmurphy

Definitely picking this up when I have the time. I skipped out on the first one, but it's been on my radar for a while.

nmanma

I hope the lack of male playable character doesn't chase away too many people. It's a great game once you get over playing a female character. Wrote a minireview in the 3ds recommendation thread thread if anyone is interested

I have four brands more to unlock but already got the ones that interested me. The problem is that Zhade is way too expensive, will have to gather some money before maining that brand

I'm going to end up having way too much fun with taking photos in the game.

Why am I so pretty?

This guy is the best, had me laughing through all the contests I've been through (just 2, but still)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
gotta love Dexter on the american cover

never played a game like this, but the amount of content and the shop managing part have me interested

It's finally here! Thanks hachi.

Be sure to post you shop codes! Heres mine:

Shop Name: Change Hart
Store Manager: Cissi
SHOP CODE: Q67H06G52

I'm a little worried about there being enough real variety with the fashions and fashion shows seem mostly focused on if you use the recommended brand for the theme in the contests. Can anyone who owns the full game speak on these matters?

nmanma

I'm a little worried about there being enough real variety with the fashions and fashion shows seem mostly focused on if you use the recommended brand for the theme in the contests. Can anyone who owns the full game speak on these matters?

Don't know much about the fashion shows but in day to day sales brands aren't the only factor.

There are different tastes (pop, girly, luxury, etc) and each brand focuses on one, but there is crosstalk at the item and customer level. For example Cantata branded hats are marked as feminine, but can also work as bold or luxurious (bold and edgy are related too in my experience). If a customer wants luxury stuff but you have none, you can make do with Cantata. And there was this regular customer I had that always bought preppy items but now wanted bold clothing, so I mixed the few items of the bold brand I had with preppy stuff to make a full outfit and completed the sale

There seems to be antagonistic tastes and brands, I had made a bold outfit but didn't have bold socks or bags to complete it as I wanted, so I picked a bag and a pair of socks of the basic brand and got rejected, removed them and got the sale

Color is a factor too, there was this new customer that wanted a feminine vest. I had all kinds of outerwear in stock but none of the vests were feminine, so from previous experiences I was ready to give up. Then I noticed that her hat, handbag, shoes and coat were all pink, so I offered a pink girly vest and managed to save the sale (I usually get rejected when someone asks for elegant and I offer girly, so it was a surprise)

hachi

Banned
Post more styles plz~

Random shots from my game:

hni_0078l1fr2.jpg

hni_0080uacso.jpg

hni_00822hi74.jpg

It's never as easy as the fashion show demo, because you don't just have an open palette of items to work with. You are restricted to your shop's inventory, which is something you'll have to carefully build in order to handle various styles and looks. You are also very often limited by specific needs in the case of customers, and may be required to build a compelling outfit using an item they already have on, etc.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I really want to buy the game but the price is too high for me. It is not my cup of tea, but I am willing to support it and buy it if the price was a little lower.

It's never as easy as the fashion show demo, because you don't just have an open palette of items to work with. You are restricted to your shop's inventory, which is something you'll have to carefully build in order to handle various styles and looks. You are also very often limited by specific needs in the case of customers, and may be required to build a compelling outfit using an item they already have on, etc.

Thanks for the sweet pics and info on the game. I'm kind of surprised how much I was able to do with just the stuff from the demo. Wish you could take pics in the demo...

EulaCapra

Props for making an OT! Love this game although I wish there was an option on the main menu to have a quick fashion show like in the demo to compete with three other CPU stylists. My friends and family were secretly addicted to the demo, but I don't want them ruining my save data and the quick style one is not as competitive.

Region: North America

QUESTION: Is there a way or a moment to take a picture of your avatar's FULL outfit? The apartment and photo studio refuse to take anything below the knees which is bonkers.

And now... photos for you fashion sluts!

Models:
HNI_0041.jpg

HNI_0032.jpg

HNI_0031.jpg

HNI_0028.jpg

HNI_0029.jpg

HNI_0036.jpg

Humble beginnings:
HNI_0042.jpg

HNI_0039.jpg

HNI_0040.jpg

Transitions:
HNI_0038.jpg

HNI_0030.jpg

HNI_0037.jpg

Current Swinging 60's Craze:
HNI_0035.jpg

HNI_0034.jpg

HNI_0033.jpg

hachi

Banned
Region: North America

(shop added to OP)

Fantastic photos you have there; good question about snagging a full shot of your character. I feel confident that there must be an opportunity, but none come to mind.

jbgvNgf4KhEtVA.JPG

First thing's first. Hi there, my husbando. Too cute!

jKy4INpHE8ymx.JPG

Stay far away from Mint Sprinkle unless you wanna look like a damned clown!

jGpIq6AQajHQ7.JPG

Well, maybe we can work with it. That's me on the left.

jbmcnq4KdGRtSQ.JPG

Anyway, back to browsing gaf!

Top Bottom