• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicks who smoke: Issue or non-issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
i could not date someone who does NOT smoke..

why.. cuz smoking is teh cool.. you die earlier and stuff...(all her money belongs to me after her death!:) ) OMG TEH COOL!:D

no seriously.. there is no issue there..

if she likes to smoke she smokes.. not my issue really.. as long as she lets me smoke my cigarette..

oh she has to be careful not to smoke when she is pregnant though..

How come half of the people who said kissing a smoker is like kissing an ashtray, are the same people who posted in the never been kissed thread? Just because someone smokes doesn't mean the smoke 100 cigarettes a day. If someone smoked once every couple of days I doubt you could tell. I don't smoke, but don't have a problem dating one as long as they aren't chain smokers.

Flambe

Big issue, I would've never dated a girl that smokes. It's disgusting just being AROUND them and smelling their breath, I couldn't imagine kissing that shit.

Oh and before the virginity accusation card comes out, I'm quite blissfully married to another non-smoker and it's glorious :D

Why are y'all acting like every girl smokes and one is destined for a lonely life if they have standards? I'm sorry, but screwing a smoker doesn't make you a bigger man than anyone else nor does it let you deride someone else for not wanting to lower their standards. I would've chosen to remain a virgin rather than do something like that myself.

farnham

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
You haven't seen my mom

some people say.. love makes you blind..:lol :lol

i think my mom looks great too btw.. and i think if i put a picture up people will go like

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol U ARE TEH BLIND MAN:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Flambe said:
Big issue, I would've never dated a girl that smokes. It's disgusting just being AROUND them and smelling their breath, I couldn't imagine kissing that shit.

Everyone calm down with this, I know plenty of girls that smoke, and they are all attractive and don't smell and I'd date all of them, I think we are getting confused between "would you date a girl that has bad hygiene?" and "Would you date a girl that smokes?"

Bamyouhaveaids said:
How come half of the people who said kissing a smoker is like kissing an ashtray, are the same people who posted in the never been kissed thread?

"Breasts feel like sandbags".

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Zenith said:
issue. you choke when you kiss them.

Indeed. The smell sticks to your neck, the taste is horrid, and it burns the back of your throat.

I've learned to deal with it, but, it is very much an issue. Smoking to much = see your ass later.

farnham

Banned
Saigo no kisu wa tabako no flavor ga shita
Nigakute setsunai kaori

says she

utada_hikaru_4.jpg

flsh

Banned
You know, some girls look really sexy when smoking. Don't be picky and give it a try. Some cigarettes are so weak and some are actually quite good that you wouldn't mind.

What about girls that drink until they lose control? Is that a turn off too?

flsh said:
You know, some girls look really sexy when smoking. Don't be picky and give it a try. Some cigarettes are so weak and some are actually quite good that you wouldn't mind.

Well, that's in your opinion of course. We all have our own fetishes.

What about girls that drink until they lose control? Is that a turn off too?

If it's a habit, it's much, much, much worse than smoking. And yeah, having my coat vomited on, or having to scrap someone because a drunk girl started something, or kissing someone who reeks of booze are all turn-offs for me as well.

flsh

Banned
Hey I didn't say until they throw up ;) I meant something like one- two, too many, not half a bottle drunk :D . Don't you guys every go partying? You never drink?

edit: That's not a fetish of mine. I'm just not saying that if a girl smokes I won't **** her. With some it bothers me, but to be honost chances are I didn't find her too hot to begin with.
And if drinking is her habit, that's something else. But a lot of girls are just social smokers. Just seeing a girl smoke or drink is not reason enough to think she's a chain smoker\alcoholic.

flsh said:
Hey I didn't say until they throw up ;) I meant something like one- two, too many, not half a bottle drunk :D . Don't you guys every go partying? You never drink?

There's nothing sexy about that; it's somewhat disgusting to me. I don't drink, and I don't have anything against those that do...but people who drink to get pissy drunk is not my idea of good company.

Drinking has always seemed like the "cool" peer pressure fad of adulthood. I know so many people who hate the taste of alcohol but still drink it just because everyone around them is, and it makes it "more fun". Really

flsh said:

Well, again, if it's habitual, then yeah, it's a turn-off. Sure I party and I drink but I don't hold any illusions about how attractive my staggering, slurring ass is to sober girls. If you are drunk as well, you won't mind as much. But standards across the board lower as you drink.

edit: I've got to be honest, in all my years I have never run into these "social smokers". I don't doubt they exist, but in my experience the girls I've met who smoke where I met them have no compunctions about smoking everywhere else too.

Also, as I said, speaking for myself, seeing a girl smoke isn't a dealbreaker, but it is a point in the negative column.

flsh

Banned
Then they are morons. Really, find the right people and the right drink and it's quite fun.
You'll be amazed at how drinks taste different (I'm talking brands, not just types of drinks). Some are so disgusting it's unbelievable and some fix you up :D

Edit: Not saying it's sexy or anything. But it's not a turn off for me to see a girl drinking some vodka. It's just good fun.

davepoobond said:
i think you'd have to be lucky enough to be able to choose whether its an issue or not....

For a second, I forgot what forum this was, and was about to say it's not that hard...but I guess for some, it really is.

EBCubs03

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
There's nothing sexy about that; it's somewhat disgusting to me. I don't drink, and I don't have anything against those that do...but people who drink to get pissy drunk is not my idea of good company.

Drinking has always seemed like the "cool" peer pressure fad of adulthood. I know so many people who hate the taste of alcohol but still drink it just because everyone around them is, and it makes it "more fun". Really

Remember when you were banned

EBCubs03 said:
Remember when you were banned

I'm going to be banned for respectfully disagreeing with you?

I'm not telling you how to live your life. I was just answering a question about my thoughts on an issue. If you don't like it, fine.

I've been with girls who smoke and girls who don't...and I'll never be with a smoker again. It's up there with "God warrior" on my list of deal-breakers. Other people may be able to look around it, but I just can't. On the unattractive scale it's pretty much neck and neck with "showers irregularly." Ugh.

Beezy

Synthesizer Patel said:
I've been with girls who smoke and girls who don't...and I'll never be with a smoker again. It's up there with "God warrior" on my list of deal-breakers. Other people may be able to look around it, but I just can't. On the unattractive scale it's pretty much neck and neck with "showers irregularly." Ugh.

:lol

C4Lukins

Smoking is pretty gross, but I would date a smoker before I would date a girl who supports anti smoking legislation.

flsh

Banned
Synthesizer Patel said:

There is NOTHING even close to as bad as bad hygiene. That's just disgusting.

Do anyone really think anything compares to a smelly girl that doesn't take care of herself? At least when a girl smokes she can brush her teeth\chew a gum and wash her face and it's all good again.

C4Lukins

unomas said:
I refuse to date any woman who smokes. Don't even fill out the application if you smoke baby :lol

I am pretty sure there are several million women on this planet that would cause you to reevaluate that stance.

C4Lukins said:
I am pretty sure there are several million women on this planet that would cause you to reevaluate that stance.

Several million out of 3 billion? Oh yeah...he's really missing out.

LordMaji

I have issues w/ it.

Don't allow it in my house or in my cars. If I go out to bars, even for a quick drink, i'll go home and take a shower. I cannot stand the smell.

I grew up w/ everyone in my family smoking. I'm the only one that didn't. hate the shit.

C4Lukins said:
I can find better reasons to eliminate 90% of that three billion then smoking.

I really doubt that even a quarter of that 3 billion smokes.

Do 90% of the people you see everyday smoke? Didn't think so

C4Lukins

The Shadow said:
I really doubt that even a quarter of that 3 billion smokes.

Do 90% of the people you see everyday smoke? Didn't think so

I never said 90% of the population smoked. If you are going to make little smart ass comments it is best to understand what the other person is trying to say first.

C4Lukins said:
I never said 90% of the population smoked. If you are going to make little smart ass comments it is best to understand what the other person is trying to say first.

:lol

I can find better reasons to eliminate 90% of that three billion then smoking.

That's not what you're saying or implying here? If you eliminate smokers, it's not going to be 90% of the 3 billion of women on the planet.

Dan said:
Total non-issue; and by non-issue I mean that I wouldn't even need to entertain the idea of dating her if she smokes. Beyond the hygiene stuff, smoking in this day and age just reveals too many distasteful things about your personality and priorities.

No thanks.

Same here. I view it as a sign of a weak will and being easily swayed. Sorry, but just about every girl that I've ran into that smokes does it to feel like "part of the crowd". I prefer women that tend to tread their own path.

I will NEVER have that putrid smell of cigarette smoke in my house. NEVER. My parents both smoke, it's ****ing disgusting.

flsh said:
There is NOTHING even close to as bad as bad hygiene. That's just disgusting.

Do anyone really think anything compares to a smelly girl that doesn't take care of herself? At least when a girl smokes she can brush her teeth\chew a gum and wash her face and it's all good again.

What about the smel in her hair, clothes, car, house, etc? Not to mention the yellow stains on her fingers, the early aging in the face.

Raven.

Banned
makaveli said:
yes but the thing with smoking is that the hot chicks do it
Which deteriorates their lungs/arteries/etc which consequently means their tissues(e.g brain, vag...) decay faster, they also a have higher probability of cancer, and their skin ages faster.... and of course they stink.

farnham said:
every girl will turn unattractive when she is 40 to 50...
With good care that may not be the case. But in any case, why would you want the wrinkles/sags/etc to start popping up earlier, why would you want them to look and be biologically years older ?

Here are some nice quotes from a related article:
The study’s conclusion? Smoking is the skin's biggest enemy. If a twin smoked (or had other skin-damaging habits, like sunbathing), he or she looked, on average, five to seven years older than the non-smoking lookalike. The second most consistent factor that contributes to accelerated aging: sun exposure.

“The evidence was clear,” says Dr. Antell, “When one identical twin looked older than the other, external factors accounted for the differences in appearance.

For instance, one set of twins, Gay and Gwyn, were indistinguishable during the early parts of their lives, spent in Maryland. But Gay -- who now jokingly calls herself the “bad twin” -- lived in California for thirty years and baked in the sun year-round, smoked, used pot and drank socially for ten years. She had a history of depression which worsened after one of her children died; Gay also lived for a couple of summers in China and Thailand and now lives year round in sunny Hawaii. Gwyn, on the other hand, had only moderate sun exposure, never smoked or drank nor suffered a major tragedy like the loss of a child.

“Pictures of Gay and Gwyn at the same age look like shots of the same woman taken ten to fifteen years apart,” says Dr. Antell. “The pattern of the crow’s feet around the twins’ eyes is very similar -- the lines are essentially in the same place on both faces, but they’re deeper and more severe in Gay. The same phenomenon exists around the mouth and in the more excessive skin of Gay’s upper eyelids.”

Smoking, according to Dr Antell, is even more damaging than the sun because of its “total body” effect. Smoking reduces blood supply to all internal organs, as well as the skin, and impairs the body's ability to heal itself. The surgeon argues that a smoker's lined skin can be seen as a reflection of internal damage, as well as evidence of a direct assault on the skin.

“Twins who smoked also had more grey hair,” says Dr. Antell, “and looked older.”
-source

Twin comparison pics at the following link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom