• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

ArtHands
Member
(04-20-2013, 10:57 AM)
https://twitter.com/tieela_with_you/...372672/photo/1

Can anyone translate this?

I think it hints a new special 3DS XL edition

Edit: Thanks kubus

A new model of Nintendo 3DS LL has been announced for sale in Japan. Coming on May 15th 2013, the promotion is to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the Pokémon Center stores across Japan. It's not currently known what will be featured on the 3DS LL, but various promotional material indicates it could be an Eevee. Like the Charizard 3DS LL, this will be given via a lottery where if you win, you'll be able to purchase it

serebii
Last edited by ArtHands; 04-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(04-20-2013, 10:57 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar
Eevee 3DSXL?

Awwww hell naw.
Sandfox
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:00 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar
My Japanese is crap but I think its hinting at a connection between Eevee and the 3DS and nothing more is said. If an Eevee 3DS is announced I'm importing it.
Sandfox
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:01 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar
didn't mean to double post
SmokeMaxX
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:02 AM)
SmokeMaxX's Avatar
Eevee 3DS?
...we in there.
MasterBalls
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:07 AM)
MasterBalls's Avatar
Eevee 3DS XL. Changes Eevelutions in different sort of light conditions.
Mihael Mello Keehl
Banned
(04-20-2013, 11:14 AM)
Mihael Mello Keehl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sandfox

My Japanese is crap but I think its hinting at a connection between Eevee and the 3DS and nothing more is said. If an Eevee 3DS is announced I'm importing it.

Originally Posted by Sandfox

didn't mean to double post

But you did mean to ruin our dreams
kubus
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:14 AM)
kubus's Avatar
The image and text is the Japanese version of "What? [POKEMON NAME] is evolving!". Basically exactly what you see when a Pokémon evolves in the game.

So translated this would say:

"What? Nintendo 3DS XL is evolving!"

What that means though, I have no clue. A new design seems to be likely. Isn't there some kind of Pokemon anniversary going on right now in Japan? This might be related.
apricot
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:15 AM)
apricot's Avatar
Edit: Beat me to it!

That's the exact same text they use when a Pokemon evolves in the games, I believe. So "What's this? The 3DS LL is evolving!" It looks like a pretty big hint to me, unless I'm missing something...
Sandfox
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:15 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mihael Mello Keehl

But you did mean to ruin our dreams

The connection could be that they are indeed making an Eevee 3DS for all we know.

Originally Posted by kubus

The image and text is the Japanese version of "What? [POKEMON NAME] is evolving!". Basically exactly what you see when a Pokémon evolves in the game.

So translated this would say:

"What? Nintendo 3DS XL is evolving!"

What that means though, I have no clue. A new design seems to be likely. Isn't there some kind of Pokemon anniversary going on right now in Japan? This might be related.

I forgot that they used that word for the ingame evolutions.
Last edited by Sandfox; 04-20-2013 at 11:18 AM.
kubus
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:17 AM)
kubus's Avatar
Serebii.net says they have more info. Looks like I was right about the anniversary event!

A new model of Nintendo 3DS LL has been announced for sale in Japan. Coming on May 15th 2013, the promotion is to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the Pokémon Center stores across Japan. It's not currently known what will be featured on the 3DS LL, but various promotional material indicates it could be an Eevee. Like the Charizard 3DS LL, this will be given via a lottery where if you win, you'll be able to purchase it

Source

So only available through lottery huh? That's tough.

Originally Posted by Daedardus

So was the Pikachu IIRC, and it was released here in Europe. One can hope.

I think that was the Charizard 3DS. The Pikachu one was available only at Pokemon Centers iirc but the Charizard 3DS could only be acquired through the same lottery system. I don't think they're gonna bring that one over...
Last edited by kubus; 04-20-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Daedardus
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:26 AM)
Daedardus's Avatar

Originally Posted by kubus

So only available through lottery huh? That's tough.

So was the Pikachu IIRC, and it was released here in Europe. One can hope.
tajd
Banned
(04-20-2013, 11:30 AM)
pokemon pushing thoose Eevee lately for x & y
nubbe
Member
(04-20-2013, 11:39 AM)
nubbe's Avatar
eevee need more evolutions

She also need dual types!
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(04-20-2013, 03:13 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
3DS type confirmed
DidntKnowJack
Banned
(04-20-2013, 03:18 PM)
DidntKnowJack's Avatar
Hate to be that guy, but wtf is an Eevee?
Seda
the worst pokemon
(04-20-2013, 03:20 PM)
Seda's Avatar

Originally Posted by DidntKnowJack

Hate to be that guy, but wtf is an Eevee?

Popular first gen Pokemon.



Has many different evolved forms, a trait unique to it.
A good poster
Banned
(04-20-2013, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by DidntKnowJack

Hate to be that guy, but wtf is an Eevee?

:(
ArtHands
Member
(04-20-2013, 03:26 PM)

Originally Posted by kubus

Serebii.net says they have more info. Looks like I was right about the anniversary event!



Source

So only available through lottery huh? That's tough.


I think that was the Charizard 3DS. The Pikachu one was available only at Pokemon Centers iirc but the Charizard 3DS could only be acquired through the same lottery system. I don't think they're gonna bring that one over...

oh thanks for the info! So I guess the good news here is that this is indeed a new Eevee 3DS XL edition, while the bad news is you will have to jump through several fire hoops to get it ...
m0t0k1
Member
(04-20-2013, 03:54 PM)
m0t0k1's Avatar
can't wait to see them Eevee nipples. I hope it comes in a brown colour. The Brown Dsi was great.
Michan
Member
(04-26-2013, 03:36 PM)
Michan's Avatar
Visited the Pokemon Center near Minato-ku today. There was a poster saying that an Eevee 3DS will be revealed on May 15th (in the disclaimer text at the bottom of the poster).

Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(04-26-2013, 03:59 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
Would a brown colored 3DS be nice?

Also I kinda wish each eeveelution get its own 3DS.

Well maybe save for Flareon. Fuck Flareon.
javac
Member
(04-26-2013, 04:00 PM)
javac's Avatar
Fuck! It better have camera nipples!
Daingurse
Member
(04-26-2013, 04:01 PM)
Daingurse's Avatar

Originally Posted by nubbe

eevee need more evolutions

She also need dual types!

Yes! Give me dat poison Eevee gurl. An Eevee 3DS would be much better than the Pikachu. Still a little gaudy, but better.
jedivulcan
Member
(04-26-2013, 04:05 PM)
jedivulcan's Avatar
It really depends on what color it is and whether they feel obligated to plaster every evolved form of Eevee onto the system along with it.

Edit: it'd be cool I'd they made an XL with all the Pokemon Trading Card game element symbols on it in a way similar to the limited edition Mario or Animal Crossing XL.
Michan
Member
(04-26-2013, 05:02 PM)
Michan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

Would a brown colored 3DS be nice?

Also I kinda wish each eeveelution get its own 3DS.

Well maybe save for Flareon. Fuck Flareon.

I honestly think it's more likely to be creme-coloured with muted offset colours, going by the recent Japanese Eevee campaigns' colour themes.
Schadenfreude
Member
(04-26-2013, 09:27 PM)
Schadenfreude's Avatar
That looks like it's evolving. Maybe a Sylveon special edition?
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(04-26-2013, 09:29 PM)
SalsaShark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Michan

Visited the Pokemon Center near Minato-ku today. There was a poster saying that an Eevee 3DS will be revealed on May 15th (in the disclaimer text at the bottom of the poster).

looks like it's evolving to me

maybe it's more than one new XL based on different evolutions

but dude that'd be crazy, there's already like 40 different 3DS variations
Hot Coldman
Banned
(04-26-2013, 09:33 PM)
Hot Coldman's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

looks like it's evolving to me

maybe it's more than one new XL based on different evolutions

but dude that'd be crazy, there's already like 40 different 3DS variations

Maybe Sylveon's not the only new Eeveelution. They could do an XL for each.
C.T.
Member
(04-27-2013, 12:22 AM)
C.T.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Sandfox

My Japanese is crap but I think its hinting at a connection between Eevee and the 3DS and nothing more is said. If an Eevee 3DS is announced I'm importing it.

But it said 3DS LL (which is the XL) so a special XL 3DS seems likely.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(04-27-2013, 03:32 AM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
3ds themed eeveelutions would be delicious

Want that umbreon one if it happens
GulAtiCa
Member
(04-27-2013, 09:19 PM)
GulAtiCa's Avatar
3DS XL Eevee edition? If that became true, I would buy and import it in a heartbeat!

Thread Tools