• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nintendo planning a new announcement relating to Eevee and the 3DS XL (in Japan)?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://twitter.com/tieela_with_you/status/325479922745372672/photo/1

Can anyone translate this?

I think it hints a new special 3DS XL edition

Edit: Thanks kubus
A new model of Nintendo 3DS LL has been announced for sale in Japan. Coming on May 15th 2013, the promotion is to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the Pokémon Center stores across Japan. It's not currently known what will be featured on the 3DS LL, but various promotional material indicates it could be an Eevee. Like the Charizard 3DS LL, this will be given via a lottery where if you win, you'll be able to purchase it

serebii

Sandfox

My Japanese is crap but I think its hinting at a connection between Eevee and the 3DS and nothing more is said. If an Eevee 3DS is announced I'm importing it.

kubus

The image and text is the Japanese version of "What? [POKEMON NAME] is evolving!". Basically exactly what you see when a Pokémon evolves in the game.

So translated this would say:

"What? Nintendo 3DS XL is evolving!"

What that means though, I have no clue. A new design seems to be likely. Isn't there some kind of Pokemon anniversary going on right now in Japan? This might be related.

apricot

Edit: Beat me to it!

That's the exact same text they use when a Pokemon evolves in the games, I believe. So "What's this? The 3DS LL is evolving!" It looks like a pretty big hint to me, unless I'm missing something...

Sandfox

But you did mean to ruin our dreams

The connection could be that they are indeed making an Eevee 3DS for all we know.

The image and text is the Japanese version of "What? [POKEMON NAME] is evolving!". Basically exactly what you see when a Pokémon evolves in the game.

So translated this would say:

"What? Nintendo 3DS XL is evolving!"

What that means though, I have no clue. A new design seems to be likely. Isn't there some kind of Pokemon anniversary going on right now in Japan? This might be related.

I forgot that they used that word for the ingame evolutions.

kubus

Serebii.net says they have more info. Looks like I was right about the anniversary event!

A new model of Nintendo 3DS LL has been announced for sale in Japan. Coming on May 15th 2013, the promotion is to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the Pokémon Center stores across Japan. It's not currently known what will be featured on the 3DS LL, but various promotional material indicates it could be an Eevee. Like the Charizard 3DS LL, this will be given via a lottery where if you win, you'll be able to purchase it

Source

So only available through lottery huh? That's tough.

So was the Pikachu IIRC, and it was released here in Europe. One can hope.
I think that was the Charizard 3DS. The Pikachu one was available only at Pokemon Centers iirc but the Charizard 3DS could only be acquired through the same lottery system. I don't think they're gonna bring that one over...

Seda

Hate to be that guy, but wtf is an Eevee?

Popular first gen Pokemon.

CaQNbeD.jpg

Has many different evolved forms, a trait unique to it.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Serebii.net says they have more info. Looks like I was right about the anniversary event!

Source

So only available through lottery huh? That's tough.

I think that was the Charizard 3DS. The Pikachu one was available only at Pokemon Centers iirc but the Charizard 3DS could only be acquired through the same lottery system. I don't think they're gonna bring that one over...

oh thanks for the info! So I guess the good news here is that this is indeed a new Eevee 3DS XL edition, while the bad news is you will have to jump through several fire hoops to get it ...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Would a brown colored 3DS be nice?

Also I kinda wish each eeveelution get its own 3DS.

Well maybe save for Flareon. Fuck Flareon.

OmegaFax

It really depends on what color it is and whether they feel obligated to plaster every evolved form of Eevee onto the system along with it.

Edit: it'd be cool I'd they made an XL with all the Pokemon Trading Card game element symbols on it in a way similar to the limited edition Mario or Animal Crossing XL.

Michan

Would a brown colored 3DS be nice?

Also I kinda wish each eeveelution get its own 3DS.

Well maybe save for Flareon. Fuck Flareon.
I honestly think it's more likely to be creme-coloured with muted offset colours, going by the recent Japanese Eevee campaigns' colour themes.

Salsa

Visited the Pokemon Center near Minato-ku today. There was a poster saying that an Eevee 3DS will be revealed on May 15th (in the disclaimer text at the bottom of the poster).

looks like it's evolving to me

maybe it's more than one new XL based on different evolutions

but dude that'd be crazy, there's already like 40 different 3DS variations

C.T.

My Japanese is crap but I think its hinting at a connection between Eevee and the 3DS and nothing more is said. If an Eevee 3DS is announced I'm importing it.

But it said 3DS LL (which is the XL) so a special XL 3DS seems likely.

Top Bottom