• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: China Rising expansion pack revealed, free with pre-order

RoKKeR

944355_10151689068423816_1676461187_n-jpg.2581

More info at Battlefield.com

"4 New Maps, Brand New Vehicles, High Tech Gear"

Fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland in four massive maps, using all-new vehicles and high-tech military equipment.

This is the expansion pack that you'll get when you pre-order Battlefield 4.

Wonder what happened to Drone Strike, but I like the sounds of this much better.

Update 1:
Sorry to bump this, but two quick notes:

From the official BF Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/339045165773750273
@eeeeeeeelost Drone Strike was a working title. We're happy to announce the name of the expansion pack will be Battlefield 4 China Rising.

So it looks like that name/expansion is out of the picture. Definitely a good move, as that just wasn't a good name to begin with, not to mention the political issues that came with it.

Also, just like Karkand, China Rising won't be out day one, but "some time" after BF4's launch. (i.e., December) (From their FB page)

All who pre-order #BF4 will get the upcoming expansion pack Battlefield 4 China Rising at no additional cost. China Rising will be available sometime after Battlefield 4.

Looking forward to all of the MP goodness we'll be getting at E3, really sounds like they want to come out guns blazing. Hopefully it isn't nearly as lame and disappointing as their showing at E3 2011.

Hystzen

Wonder if it like Karkland it released months later not a launch or is Drone Strike the months later expansion

DaBoss

They're announcing an expansion pack for the game when it isn't out yet? What?

EDIT: Oh, pre-order bonus...

RoKKeR

Wonder if it like Karkland it released months later not a launch or is Drone Strike the months later expansion
Not really sure. I imagine this is the DLC that will come out, like Karkand, in December/6-8 weeks after launch, seeing that it's what is included with pre-orders.

Maybe Drone Strike got canned? That was never officially announced by DICE/EA, it was only in posters around stores.

Theman2k

this is bullshit, it should come on disc for free.
and a few months later release new dlc for free like the good old days.

It would be nice if the BF2 map remakes (if there are any) have the old themes, or at least something that is very similar (as in not like what they did with the theme in BF3)

Jb

I hope the dropships will have direct flying controls this time. Could make for some entertaining mayhem.

Glassboy

Normally this would bother me but battlefield 3 had a decent amount of base game maps and Karkand kicked ass. So if you're the game appeals to you why not preorder it?

RoKKeR

Sorry to bump this, but two quick notes:

From the official BF Twitter:

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/339045165773750273
@eeeeeeeelost Drone Strike was a working title. We're happy to announce the name of the expansion pack will be Battlefield 4 China Rising.

So it looks like that name/expansion is out of the picture. Definitely a good move, as that just wasn't a good name to begin with, not to mention the political issues that came with it.

Also, just like Karkand, China Rising won't be out day one, but "some time" after BF4's launch. (i.e., December) (From their FB page)

All who pre-order #BF4 will get the upcoming expansion pack Battlefield 4 China Rising at no additional cost. China Rising will be available sometime after Battlefield 4.

Looking forward to all of the MP goodness we'll be getting at E3, really sounds like they want to come out guns blazing. Hopefully it isn't nearly as lame and disappointing as their showing at E3 2011.

Who cares even if they have already finished it? You buy a game, not the cumulative products of the labour of a given dev team during an arbitrary period of time. If you don't think bf4 is worth it, you can opt not to buy it. This is extra content you can pay for if you think it's worth it.

Portugeezer

We haven't even seen multiplayer, they just confirmed next gen console versions. Seems a bit early for me to be giving a damn after that atrocious 17 minute gameplay, I can only hope they stick to their high multiplayer standards.

KaiserBecks

I'd prefer less weapons and more balancing. I'd love to actually enjoy Battlefield again and feel kind of ashamed that I've reached a point where I'm only interested in the game because of its graphics. I can't wait for the first MP footage (I guess that'll happen at e3?), hopefully they'll get it right this time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'd prefer less weapons and more balancing. I'd love to actually enjoy Battlefield again and feel kind of ashamed that I've reached a point where I'm only interested in the game because of its graphics. I can't wait for the first MP footage (I guess that'll happen at e3?), hopefully they'll get it right this time.
To be fair, DICE released a big balance patch before every DLC... which sometimes broke more stuff than it fixed.

I'm guessing when they say pre order they mean selling two different versions of the game at launch, one of which will have the DLC already inside - which I'm fine with.

In fact BF3 might have been the first "Premium" DLC I ever bought routinely & actually paid off. As long as EA sticks with that gameplan sign me up

Top Bottom