• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEH FIANAL LOVDOWN. shufflemoveto the infooplace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatline

Banned
athanku alLL doubtersn ivirals, youre bitter tearzr are my bidet

Pure poetry
l9N5llc.gif

test_account

XP-39C²
As if we didn't know already.
Do we know that Mirrors Edge 2 will be at the Microsoft press conference? I thought it was only a rumor.

What a surprise. As if anybody expected Microsoft to give up 1 billion a year in revenue.
True about revenue, but i cant imagine that it will be a 1 billion dollar a year with Xbox One. Going from 15k to 300k servers as they said (i think?), and it will most likely sell much less than what the Xbox 360 did.

deleted

So typing l33t will guarantee, CBOAT isn't as easily detected?

I don't get it, because there is a 'translation' on the same page that will be linked to his account and my guess is that other sites will copy that and point to 'neoGAF user CBOAT'.

did I just witness a joke flying over my head?

Amir0x

Banned
Hah, thank you based CBoaT, fuck MS even more for buying "non-mentions".

Good lord, clusterfuck to the max.

The only way to fight against this intentional attempt to fuck consumers again - after all, information is the weapon of every consumer - is to be informed. Don't fall for the easy con, really listen to hear if Microsoft says a game is EXCLUSIVE at their conference.

All of NeoGAF have to be on our game against these jokers.

GamerJM

Banned
#teamCBOATisMajorNelson

You know, as crazy as this sounds, I was actually thinking this. I mean, it's extremely unlikely, but it's not impossible. It would explain all of the info he knows, and especially the line about how you should be nice to Nelson.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Any videogame journalist worth even a pinch of salt should be pressing each and every developer on whether theres a PS4 version with this knowledge well and truly in hand.

To not do so would be pussydom max.

I don't get it, because there is a 'translation' on the same page that will be linked to his account and my guess is that other sites will copy that and point to 'neoGAF user CBOAT'.

Companies run pattern recognition software over these types of posts, when written plainly, to try to determine who wrote them, comparing them to stored internal documents. People tend to have certain idiosyncrasies in their writing. When written in pseudo-gibberish like CBOAT does it, it's basically impossible to do so. It doesn't matter that someone else translates it to relay the info, they're doing it in their own idiosyncratic style that doesn't tie back to him.

Mandoric

Banned

The translation means someone else rewrote it, and it's not his personal style anymore.

Any videogame journalist worth even a pinch of salt should be pressing each and every developer on whether theres a PS4 version with this knowledge well and truly in hand.

YES ... if you're reading this, Kotaku, Destructoid, IGN etc. If you DON'T push stuff CBoaT has pointed out in one way or another I'll be so disappointed.

Trevelyon

Does the third party "don't say PS4" announcement stuff extend beyond the conference, perhaps the e3 show itself or is there some sort of set period where a 'PS4' version is just not to be mentioned in any context with the XBONE version until a given date?

I get out right money hatting an exclusive, dlc, whathaveyou and chest thumping it, or "hey don't say or hint to another version of this on our stage" (that's definitely Microsoft's progative there) but to money hat some type of gag order on this stuff seems super scummy to me.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
The only way to fight against this intentional attempt to fuck consumers again - after all, information is the weapon of every consumer - is to be informed. Don't fall for the easy con, really listen to hear if Microsoft says a game is EXCLUSIVE at their conference.

All of NeoGAF have to be on our game against these jokers.

If i were a betting man i'd wager that the word exclusive will be used quite a lot, but with the words 'content, DLC, TV or sports' tacked on before or after it.

Donos

No,i think someone explained it already in this thread, that everybody has some sort of habit of writing sentences. That could possibly be traced if it's not masked.

Forgot the term for it.
Beaten:
The translation means someone else rewrote it, and it's not his personal style anymore.

RobbieH

Microsoft haven't exactly helped themselves, either. They've pissed off an awful amount of the press, especially the likes of Klepek and Sessler, by cancelling their interviews. I imagine they'll be going after Microsoft hard.

Beyond that you just have to listen to podcasts, 8-4 being the most recent one, to see just how upset they are about the whole DRM strategy. Plus they read what CBOAT says so they should know the rumours going in.

deleted

Companies run pattern recognition software over these types of posts, when written plainly, to try to determine who wrote them, comparing them to stored internal documents. People tend to have certain idiosyncrasies in their writing. When written in pseudo-gibberish like CBOAT does it, it's basically impossible to do so. It doesn't matter that someone else translates it to relay the info, they're doing it in their own idiosyncratic style that doesn't tie back to him.

Ah, interesting. And I just saw that he doesn't post a lot and almost every post is in this style - so that's a pretty good cover I guess.

Its so much worse than you guys think....So much worse.

Good on yah CBOAT. Kept your timeframe.

The worst I can think of is that licenses expire, and you have to renew them paying a fee.

So, you buy a game, and after a year if you want to keep playing it you have to pay another 30$.

^_^ stag2 indethpth drm mesaging a@t gamescom. rental stretegy is no stratgy, nolpan for support, just watnt o keep quiet. nontalk execs! beacuse mesaging isnt done. stagae1 waslast Tursyfday...clusterfuktotal

^_^ cloudpower=praroleofficer. desined from day1@s DRM. peirod. uknoo this alreyad thogh.,, MS idaea. aproached third parties wplan not otherway around. EA/Ubi bigest boostrs but lesa Activbliz whcih makes mye haed fulll of weird#!

This is disgusting! Shame on MS. I hope their entire conference will crash.

Karma will get them in the end...

CBOAT, you're the man! Never leave us!

I love you Cboat, you are like our very own special fairy that swoops in expectantly and sprinkles out little bits of #truthfact wherever you go.

As per the post, I REALLY hope the PS4 doesn't have DRM like the Xbone. After this E3 we could be seeing a very real shift in the market when it comes market dominance by which company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom