• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonderful 101 Intro Trailer

JPKellams

This is a Platinum Games WiiU title we are talking about here. It will be great fun, and that's all I need to know.

Fixed that for you. We worry about making the fun. You worry about the playing fun.

Let other people worry about the sales.

As long as it beats Madworld numbers.

That has no bearing on how much enjoyment you will have with the game.

So, that's basically 2 games in a row from Nintendo that have a cartoonish presentation but were clearly made for adults. My nostalgia bone is being tickled here. Seriously.

Sendou

Wii U finally starts to deliver the goods! Can't wait. Kamiya can do no wrong as is shown from time to time again.

Fixed that for you. We worry about making the fun. You worry about the playing fun.

Word!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Hideki, is that you? No, my mom is not available to answer my questions :p

I agree with the sentiment though, I want you guys to have commercial success but apart from buying a WiiU and the game AND participating in the threads over here (+ making one on another forum) there's no use torturing myself over it.

Since you're in here talking about sales, here's a commercial pitch for you:

Neil Patrick Harris dressed up as a super nerd/Mr. Wedgeworth (complete with thick glasses, cardigan, pocket protector and torn from wedgie tightie whities with a name like Rupert on the elastic) playing with W101 action figures while singing the intro theme song.

Jock approaches him with a line like "Look, Rupert likes to play with dolls!" Queue famous NPH eyeball twitch, squeaky THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES, punches the bully into orbit with Unite Fist, queue dragonbitchslap.gif + footage and logo...

ONE BEELION COPIES SOLD.

Air

Banned
Since you're in here talking about sales, here's a commercial pitch for you:

Neil Patrick Harris dressed up as a super nerd/Mr. Wedgeworth (complete with thick glasses, cardigan, pocket protector and torn from wedgie tightie whities with a name like Rupert on the elastic) playing with W101 action figures while singing the intro theme song.

Jock approaches him with a line like "Look, Rupert likes to play with dolls!" Queue famous NPH eyeball twitch, squeaky THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES, punches the bully into orbit with Unite Fist, queue dragonbitchslap.gif + footage and logo...

ONE BEELION COPIES SOLD.

Nintendo handles the commercials.

Air

Banned
This is the kind of Wii U game I can appreciate. It's quirky and stands out from the others. I just hope it's meaty enough.

Is a ~ 20hr game with tons of unlockables and design about replayability meaty enough?

Why yes, yes it is.

.la1n

It really looks like off the wall fun, reminds me of when I first saw Viewtiful Joe (for obvious reasons.) I think this will surprise a lot of people.

Please inform me smart man, those dots on the radar look pretty damn important in that video.

Them dots are very useful when you're fighting hectic battles and the enemy scatters your civilians across the map, instead of trying to see where they all went on screen, you can look at the gamepad and see exactly where each one went represented by the dots.

So you can easily create a circle around them dots on the gamepad to gather them up as quickly and efficiently as possible to continue the battle and achieve a great score.

There's also the basic drawing shapes to create the weapons that seems fun and quick and easy to do. The dots will give you an idea of the strength of these weapons as you extend them out with the dots.

They are also using the gamepad in a unique way for when you go into a building to solve a puzzle. The gamepad will show you the view inside the building while the tv will display numbers on the roof of the building in which you have to match up and alter to open the door.

I'm sure there's more unique gamepad ideas we've yet to see and will probably see in the ND.

Friggin pissed that we don't get this till September.

That is straight up BS!

What is preventing this from being released worldwide at the same time? There are no major translation issues here.

I honestly think Nintendo has recently been catering to Europe more because of low sales over there. To make them feel special(not saying you aren't!).

Everybody knows this game is gonna bomb hard, the thing is I just hope companies wouldnt be afraid to work with platinum.

I think it'll either do alright, or become a surprise hit. This won't bomb hard.

I also think platinum was a perfect match to make the Wii u unique, since they are so creative. Smart on Nintendo, they both deserve each other.

Darryl

Banned
It wouldn't work.

When you form a weapon, its strength depends on how many civilians you have and when you draw(or use right stick), the length you use will use more and more civilians to build the power to your liking.

that makes it even better. increase strength depending on how loud you yell. if only wiimotes had mics. would make for some funny multiplayer

Erethian

JP, is there going to be a 60fps (and hopefully high bitrate) version of this latest trailer put up on platinumgames.com? Though I'd understand if that's something out of your control.

I'm still ruing the lack of proper 60fps versions of the E3 trailers for W101 and Bayonetta 2.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nintendo been doing some advertising for this game on their Facebook page. It's nice, but not enough. Hopefully TV ads will be plentiful.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It wouldn't work.

When you form a weapon, its strength depends on how many civilians you have and when you draw(or use right stick), the length you use will use more and more civilians to build the power to your liking.

You should SHOUUUUUT harder!

Gotta have that hotblooded voice for this!

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I still feel like people should be more excited about this than they are, but I am glad that Nintendo is using Comic-Con as the time to start rolling out the marketing for this game. Let's see how the rest of the show goes for them. I know they are holding costume contests or something, which is mighty presumptuous, but a great idea.

Urko

Neo Member
Word of mouth can have just as big of an effect on sales as commercials in some cases. Spreading the word on twitter and facebook is a good idea.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's a Nintendo game. There won't be a bargain bin until a couple years after their NEXT console is out.

Depends. 3Rd party efforts drop in price pretty fast.

Madworld. Sin and punishment, even other m.

Top Bottom