• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show predictions

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
A couple of predictions..I pointedly avoiding a wishlist as you all should do :p

- Sony will start uttering the words "Home" and "2008" in the same sentence, but reaffirm 07 'open' beta plans
- Sony will show new Home features, and some real game spaces for the first time.
- DS3 will be announced with a couple of small tweaks beyond rumble
- No new PS3 SKU announcement (if it's going to happen this year, I think it'll happen later, Oct/Nov)
- Hirai's keynote will have a utterly different tone to Kutaragi's, and he'll stamp his own character all over the presented SCE strategy.
- No Team Ico, yet.
- As for 360 and Wii, it's hard to predict much with the 360 presser out of the way, and with Nintendo not attending, but as far as third parties go across all platforms, I expect some pleasant surprises (ala Yakuza 3 last week) and some dross. I expect we'll have seen many of the bigger announcements already before the show though (really, 'TGS' began with last week's Famitsu).

Salazar

Project Offset named and trailered - a proper trailer, not an ancient draft that someone found and leaked. Hopefully, the reportedly extreme angst over that leak was due to the fact that they mean to do something here. Viral failed, so just drop the goddamn towel. It has to happen sometime.

A couple of predictions..I pointedly avoiding a wishlist as you all should do :p

- Sony will start uttering the words "Home" and "2008" in the same sentence, but reaffirm 07 'open' beta plans
- Sony will show new Home features, and some real game spaces for the first time.
- No new PS3 SKU announcement (if it's going to happen this year, I think it'll happen later, Oct/Nov)
- Hirai's keynote will have a utterly different tone to Kutaragi's, and he'll stamp his own character all over the presented SCE strategy.
- No Team Ico, yet.
- As for 360 and Wii, it's hard to predict much with the 360 presser out of the way, and with Nintendo not attending, but as far as third parties go across all platforms, I expect some pleasant surprises (ala Yakuza 3 last week) and some dross. I expect we'll have seen many of the bigger announcements already before the show though.

I agree with all of these. I'm sure there will be at least one 'megaton' announcement.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jiggle said:
Like, by tomorrow night :D

Heh, like I edited in the above post, really TGS in the broader sense started with last week's Famitsu (and I'm sure we'll see more again when this week's Famitsu hits the web). I'm always surprised by how some people are so insistent in judging a show only by the official days or conferences of the show, judging them to be 'unsurprising' because stuff got out, leaked or otherwise, in the preceding days. People should judge the show based on what we've seen from last week, up through the end of the show itself. It's a better way to look at it, IMO, when quite often we largely know what's going to come out of conferences and shows before they even start.

Darji

Banned
Wollan said:
I believe they will advertise White Knight Story as this, as a huge online rpg game. The next step up from PSO if you wish by Level 5. I would even go as far as to maybe predict LAN play on the floor. No fees but purchasable stuff like new missions/levels/outfits..etc.
OMG please not. All but bot this.....

Elios83

gofreak said:

- No Team Ico, yet.
- As for 360 and Wii, it's hard to predict much with the 360 presser out of the way, and with Nintendo not attending, but as far as third parties go across all platforms, I expect some pleasant surprises (ala Yakuza 3 last week) and some dross. I expect we'll have seen many of the bigger announcements already before the show though (really, 'TGS' began with last week's Famitsu).

You could have summed up that with: I expect a boring disappointment :D :lol :lol

Nolan.

sypher said:
What if afrika is the Team ICO game this whole time?

Thy next foe is... a proud hunter some might say giant pussy but taking this one down will be no easy task. To get there one must be guided by holding hands with the laughing monkey who will be found on a tiny spot of green near a lake somewhere in this vast savannah.

Darji

Banned
jiggle said:
Shirokishi is online...
but its no online RPG. Atleast I hope so. I dont mind about some online functions but plz no MMORPG or something like that. I dont need coop in this game^^

Kyoufu

Darji said:
but its no online RPG. Atleast I hope so. I dont mind about some online functions but plz no MMORPG or something like that. I dont need coop in this game^^

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ *explodes*

I believe it was already stated that there will be online co-op missions in WKS.

Darji

Banned
Kyoufu said:
^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ *explodes*

I believe it was already stated that there will be online co-op missions in WKS.
there was? when? The only thing we sar were some online functions like new missions or such things but co-op? When?

kay

gofreak said:
Not to be picky, but that could refer to PS2 peripherals etc. if Immersion is using 'touchsense' as an umbrella brand for all rumble technologies now (?)
Oh no, no more PS2 accessories, let it die already. Touchsense would fail on the PS2 if there was no games to use it.

All I want from the show floor is substantial new FFXIII footage, my real wish is for the playable MGS4 demo to show up on PSN. Hey, a man can dream.

edit: Oh and at least one of Team ICO's games should be there. My prediction is a teaser for the follow-up to Colossus and a lot of info on a new PSN/PSP title.

Darkman M

freethought said:
All I want from the show floor is substantial new FFXIII footage, my real wish is for the playable MGS4 demo to show up on PSN. Hey, a man can dream.

1. No FFXIII fotage for a long time.

2. doubtful, but neogaf would explode.

kay

sp0rsk said:
Perhaps WKS is a single player AND online rpg?
It's both as screenshots had online icons or something for some missions... surely more details will be revealed soon.

rakka

freethought said:

yes, he can :)

unless of course he'll be at the closed mega theater

madara

Some epic rpgs, action rpgs for DS and Wii to fix that drought would be nice. Well minus SE remakes on DS that is.

kay

Recovered from other thread

wksclearonline.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Online would surely drive up hype points for me.

Also, it looks like Microsoft helped finance this game lol.

Top Bottom