• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale 2013 - Gaben slashes more than just prices...

sprinkles

God No don't get it.
It starts ok (Which is probably what you watched) but then it gets into this really terrible mad max vibe that's almost unplayable.
The story is decent to the end, I put the game on easy halfway through though because the combat is tedious. And the graphics are frontloaded too, the latter half
(outside)
looks shitty.

Teknoman

Even though I havent beaten Darksiders 1, i'm thinking about grabbing Darksiders 2, Rise of the Triad, and Ninja Blade.

How is the performance with RotT or Ninja Blade?

I might switch Ninja Blade with Swapper or something else.

Also how is Brutal Legend? Good port?

Purkake4

Banned
Some of the finest writing on gaming :)
1226099381114_f.jpg

I didn't releize the sale was ending so soon! I quickly grabbed Sleeping dogs because I have to see what it looks like on the PC. I also grabed They Bleed Pixels because I had a couple of dollars in my steam wallet. I still migh t go and grab Val helsing, even though I hear your appearnce doesnt change. That kinda takes away from a loot based game, I think

Ezalc

I'm 50 cents off from being able to buy Costume quest with my steam wallet funds. Why doesn't valve allow me to just add a dollar to it? Goddamn it Gabe.

Yeah, Vampire Bloodlines is one of my favourite games of ever, and a lot of that is with the Deus Ex lite feel of the game. While Deus Ex isn't much on dialogue and more on interesting mission options and character builds, Vampire sways into the opposite where a lot of the exploration and mechanical nitty gritty is passable but what you really want to bite into are the character interactions. The atmosphere is top notch, I just love roaming around downtown at night, lurking the convenience store, weirding out a bunch of strangers, then returning to my shitty mess of an apartment; then I load up Bloodlines and do the same thing.

Music's just great to have in the background at any given moment as well.

justjim89

Holy shit this sale has been bad for me.

Eldritch
VTM:B
L4D2
SD: Nightmare in Northpoint
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
RE:Revelations
TWD: Season 2 pre-order
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Brothers

Also, unrelated to the sale:
DE:HR DX
Metro: Last Light
Arkham Origins

All this in the last week or so. Holy shit. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I wish Steam had some feature that told me whether or not my computer could actually run these games. It is beyond annoying having to look and see what the minimum requirements are, then look up what my system is, then look up whether or not that means I can play it.

PC gaming has a very high learning curve for sure.

Thinking about picking up Typing of the Dead. Is it fun? If my rig can run L4D, F.E.A.R(1) or KOTOR on pretty much minimum, can I play TotD?

Laieon

Are the Alien Breed games any good? I really liked Alien Swarm, but it's pretty short. I've been looking for something similar ever since it was released.

justjim89

I wish Steam had some feature that told me whether or not my computer could actually run these games. It is beyond annoying having to look and see what the minimum requirements are, then look up what my system is, then look up whether or not that means I can play it.

PC gaming has a very high learning curve for sure.

Thinking about picking up Typing of the Dead. Is it fun? If my rig can run L4D, F.E.A.R(1) or KOTOR on pretty much minimum, can I play TotD?

Yeah, it'd be great if Steam had an integrated Can You Run It sort of feature. It's really hard to figure out what is better than what, especially in regards to CPUs and graphics cards.

Kenka

It's strange, of all games I've downloaded today, Darksiders is the only one that has issues. When I launch the game, the screen gets totally black (there is sound, though) and after a second or two I am sent back the desktop. I keep clicking on the icon on the Windows bar to restore the window but the problem sticks.

Anyone had a similar problem before ?

Blablurn

It's strange, of all games I've downloaded today, Darksiders is the only one that has issues. When I launch the game, the screen gets totally black (there is sound, though) and after a second or two I am sent back the desktop. I keep clicking on the icon on the Windows bar to restore the window but the problem sticks.

Anyone had a similar problem before ?

U should add me on Steam, Kenka! Name is Blablurn :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there anywhere with DmC for around $10?

You can buy a pre-order key through a Hookups seller for $10, but you'll likely be waiting a few days. Wait time aside, I encountered no issues buying DMC and Dead Island: Riptide through him.

Holy shit this sale has been bad for me.
VTM:B
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
TWD: Season 2 pre-order

Nah this sale has been great for you buddy. :D. I don't think Cook, Serve, Delicious! is a halloween game though, the pressure is way more intense. It's like freddy krueger, jason and a bunch of other horror spookies got together to pound you into paste with food orders.

mr. grape

In case anyone was concerned (...I was), the game Saw (which would not be sold yesterday as keys were run out) has resupplied keys, and now is purchasable on Steam again today.

Also while not an 'official' Halloween sale, Dementium II HD is now listed on Steam, it is 35% off, and releases in December: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217100/?snr=1_4_4__105_2

I think Saw is only purchasable in certain regions (looks like only US and Brazil right now, but I could be wrong).

Dementium II HD looks good but it's published by Digital Tribe, so expect it to be indie bundled fairly quickly (like all of the other Digital Tribe games on steam).

JaseC

I think Saw is only purchasable in certain regions (looks like only US and Brazil right now, but I could be wrong).

Yeah, purchase options were removed from the PAL Land sub a couple of days ago. The US sub is still available, but there were reports earlier that Valve had ran out of keys (which is probably why it's not available to buy in Australia/Europe).

Yeah, purchase options were removed from the PAL Land sub a couple of days ago. The US sub is still available, but there were reports earlier that Valve had ran out of keys (which is probably why it's not available to buy in Australia/Europe).

Yep, still can't purchase Saw in Europe which is good because I have no money for it.

mr. grape

The weird thing is, only the UK tagged version is available to buy right now.. but you can't buy it if you're in the UK lol.

I'm in the US and the version I bought using my account says UK.

JaseC

The weird thing is, only the UK tagged version is available to buy right now.. but you can't buy it if you're in the UK lol.

I'm in the US and the version I got says UK.

Huh, odd. This is the proper US sub:

But it seems 15 hours ago Konami re-appropriated the UK sub for use in America:

Apparently, to get around the US sub running out of keys, Konami began using the UK sub in its stead... but this raises the question of why, exactly, the purchase options were removed from it a couple of days ago.

Anyone play Scratches or Don't Starve?? How are they?

I like some rogulelikes (dungeons of dredmor, binding of isaac)

Scratches is so so. Good atmosphere, goes nowhere.

You may just love don't starve. It is well supported, a huge time sync and well worth the price. You'll get many hours out of just trying to survive.

Scratches is so so. Good atmosphere, goes nowhere.

You may just love don't starve. It is well supported, a huge time sync and well worth the price. You'll get many hours out of just trying to survive.

Thanks :) i'm gonna end up getting Don't Starve and Primordia. Wanted these for a while and Primordia was so cheap couldn't pass it up!

Kuroyume

Banned
Went with Condemned and Blood Omen 2. I know BO2 gets a bad rap but I was curious and I already had the three previous LOK games so...

Alot of good stuff there. Interested in Giana, Shadowman, They Bleed Pixels, and Super House of Dead Ninjas. Will pick up later though. Good thing Steam has sales often.

Dunno if this is the place to ask/talk about this but;

So I'm trying to play Condemned now, and it keeps black screening whenever I change any settings at all. Does anyone know what this is?

Top Bottom