• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New H-Hour: World's Elite Screenshots Leaked (SOCOM Spiritual Successor)

Mully

That looks like SOCOM alright.

Offscreen Gameplay Video (thanks Salromano)

QbyM2Hd.jpg

EWbaCl2.jpg

Fan made concept art, but Sears has stated that the lobby system will be similar.
BbGFNdlCUAAX9Nf.png

If you haven't kept up with H-Hour, it's the spiritual successor of the now developerless-SOCOM series. Former Creative Director of SOCOM 1&2, David Sears brought his idea to Kickstarter a few months back. His campaign was a success and is now in the process of finishing up the creation of a demo that he can present to investors and publishers. It's expected to be a PS4 and PC release sometime in 2015.

AlexIIDX

Awesome, top shot reminds me of Vigilance....definitely has the classic look. Wish they could go with seals vs terrorists.

Storm360

Even the bottom screen down the the G^^^^^^^ screams Socom to me, I can't wait

EDIT: Holy shit, I just noticed [HAX} IDOT ha, such a nice touch in that screen

jester_

Cannot wait. Really loved the community on PS2 and haven't played a good third-person shooter in a loooong time.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just noticed [HAX} IDOT ha, such a nice touch in that screen

Hahahaha I definitely used IDOT's CodeMajic cheat loader to dick around on SOCOM after everyone started doing it.

So strange that a screen shot of a lobby can be so hype inducing, but that was half of what made Socom special. Good to see they recognize that.

Mully

Cannot wait. Really loved the community on PS2 and haven't played a good third-person shooter in a loooong time.

I think some aspect of the SOCOM community is still active on SOCOM 1,2,3,and CA even after the servers shut down. They found a way to keep playing online using LAN connections and a service called Xlink.

When finals are all said and done, I'm going to try to doing this.

Mully

How'd they leak?

They came from Reddit. They are currently shopping the game around to publishers and investors, so I'd assume either someone from H-Hour's team leaked them as a means to energize the fanbase and show publishers there's still interest or someone was sent screenshots and leaked them.

Warablo said:
Will this have single player missions?

In the most recent update they spoke about single player. At this point it does. That could change.

Storm360

I think some aspect of the SOCOM community is still active on SOCOM 1,2,3,and CA even after the servers shut down. They found a way to keep playing online using LAN connections and a service called Xlink.

When finals are all said and done, I'm going to try to doing this.

Yup, I was active for a bit until my PS2 failed.

revotron

Somebody has broken the NDA agreement they signed over on the SOF Studios private forums, what a shame.

I'm saying this because I'm apart of those forums and will be the first to confirm that the lobby picture is 100% fan made concept, it's not official whatsoever.

Mully

Somebody has broken the NDA agreement they signed over on the SOF Studios private forums, what a shame.

I'm saying this because I'm apart of those forums and will be the first to confirm that the lobby picture is 100% fan made concept, it's not official whatsoever.

I thought so.

Figured that is where these shots came from. Hopefully they find the person that did it. This actually still serves as good publicity at this point though, not like something awful leaked out.

Shame that Lobby is fan art, hopefully the final will be very similar.

Dam but the others are real right?

Omega

Banned

I knew it was too good to be true

Buttersticks and cookies will never make a return to video game ranks.

because gamers need

+500!

HEADSHOT!

LONG RANGE!

buttersticks and cookies don't benefit from all that nonsense.

David said the rank system is similar to socom. He understands what people want from the videos and streams i have seen. There is no health regen,no sprint,etc

Mully

because gamers need

+500!

HEADSHOT!

LONG RANGE!

buttersticks and cookies don't benefit from all that nonsense.

Hahaha oh man, I remember back in the day as a 12 year old getting pissed at the TV because I was still an Ensign for about a year and a half.

I wonder sometimes, were the games like SOCOM 1 & 2 really good or were they fun because they were early console online multi games. I wonder how they hold up now

Edit: its been a while for me, but what would you say are the characteristics of SOCOM that separate it from other shooters?

jester_

I wonder sometimes, were the games like SOCOM 1 & 2 really good or were they fun because they were early console online multi games. I wonder how they hold up now

Edit: its been a while for me, but what would you say are the characteristics of SOCOM that separate it from other shooters?

I really enjoyed the ranking system, lobbies (GREEN UP ALREADY), and clan matches with my buddies. Sniping was a ton of fun for me as well. Most of my time was with SOCOM 3 and CA though, which kind of messed up the SOCOM 2 formula, but they were definitely very similar games.

Mully

The game certainly needs some updating. It was a product of its era and I think a good amount of the SOCOM community are ignorant to that. The gunplay was passable at best. The grenade mechanics need some updating. The animations (they looking promising) were pretty rough back then.

However the core mechanics and the maps made those games shine. Considering we have two guys who designed a majority of those maps heading the production of this game, I think the game will get the proper attention it needs while also keeping the timeless map design and game modes.

Raoh

That looks like SOCOM alright.

Offscreen Gameplay Video (thanks Salromano)

If you haven't kept up with H-Hour, it's the spiritual successor of the now developerless-SOCOM series. Former Creative Director of SOCOM 1&2, David Sears brought his idea to Kickstarter a few months back. His campaign was a success and is now in the process of finishing up the creation of a demo that he can present to investors and publishers. It's expected to be a PS4 and PC release sometime in 2015.

Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif

I'm ready.

I cannot wait..

From memories of Socom I, II this will be amazing.

If anything this could be the actual shooter that can bring major competitive shooter to console. COD is not tactical at all and I've always been surprised that this is the major competitive shooter. It's too run and gun. Battlefield is getting closer but its just not there yet.

But THIS... If this is as amazing as the originals then we definitely have the next shooter game

The game certainly needs some updating. It was a product of its era and I think a good amount of the SOCOM community are ignorant to that. The gunplay was passable at best. The grenade mechanics need some updating. The animations (they looking promising) were pretty rough back then.

However the core mechanics and the maps made those games shine. Considering we have two guys who designed a majority of those maps heading the production of this game, I think the game will get the proper attention it needs while also keeping the timeless map design and game modes.
huh? the shooting was great and nades as well.it was one of the few shooters that actually took skill based on recoil. nades had an arc unlike many games so you can tell where exactly it will land.

I dont get how Sony or Zipper couldn't get this right. Were they too "big" of developers or publishers to have this simplicity down?

And how come Sears left Zipper/Sony anyway? I can't see why Sony would go back to Sears or vice versa (for exclusivity). I'm interested to see how this fairs on PC too.

Top Bottom