• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intelligence Season 1 |OT| The Bomberman Zero of Chucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a special premiere on Tuesday, January 7 @ 9:00 on CBS (sandwiched between NCIS and PERSON OF INTEREST, FUCKING GOD-TIER SHOW). Afterwards, Intelligence will move to its regular time slot, Mondays @ 10:00 on CBS.

1239687_5835257183869m9ejs.jpg

The Set Up:

In Intelligence, Josh Holloway stars as Gabriel Vaughn, a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. With this implant, Gabriel is the first human ever to be connected directly into the global information grid. He can hack into any data center and access key intel in the fight to protect the United States from its enemies. Marg Helgenberger stars as Lillian Strand, the director of the elite government cyber-security agency who supports Gabriel and oversees the unit's missions. She assigns Riley Neal (Meghan Ory), a Secret Service agent, to protect Gabriel from outside threats, as well as from his appetite for reckless, unpredictable behavior and disregard for protocol.

1011962_5970425503685yuf0j.jpg

The Cast:

rsz_intelligence-cast07dba.jpg
rsz_intelligence20-20h4dqy.jpg
rsz_intelligence20-20bhcbg.jpg

Josh Holloway plays Gabriel Vaughn, a reckless badass with a chip on his shoulder and in his brain.

Marg Helgenberger plays Lillian Strand, Da Chief with a heart of gold.

Meghan Ory plays Riley Neal, Vaughn's hot badass bodyguard. I think. Apparently, there will be sexual tension. What a twist!

There are other cast members as well, but they apparently weren't hot enough to get cast photos as far as I can tell.

Michael Rady as Chris Jameson
John Billingsley as Shenendoah Cassidy
P. J. Byrne as Nelson Cassidy

1477932_590495947689959c0g.jpg

Videos

Trailer
Prepare to Upgrade
Meet Gabriel Vaughn (Only in America apparently)
Meet Lillian Strand (again, in America only. Any YouTube links?)
The Science of Singularity.
3 Short Promo Videos
Intelligence's Incredibly Cheesy Opening Credits. Good Lord.

tumblr_mxl0ibqdet1r6tvygo1_500.jpg

Alright, so who is in?

I'm willing to give it a chance. Since it's on CBS, it more than likely isn't for me, but I'll watch an episode or two to find out.

I met Josh Holloway a few years back. He's a super nice guy and I'd like to see him have another successful show.

This is an amazing thread title.

And a premise for a show that's not too far from Watch_Dogs on the gaming side, but taken to the silly nth degree by cynical TV writers.

ZenaxPure

PERSON OF INTEREST, FUCKING GOD-TIER SHOW

Alright, so who is in?

I'm in, cause why not.

But, I just wanted to quote the top part because I feel like it's the most important part of your entire post. My favorite show on tv currently, gaf thread for it is kinda lonely at times :(

JdFoX187

Banned
Love that thread title. Will watch the pilot to see how bad it is. I like Josh Holloway, but this just looks...bad.

Apoc29

The actual name of the game was Bomberman: Act Zero, but I will concede that nobody wants to remember what a piece of shit that turned out to be.

The characters seem completely uninteresting, but who knows, maybe the pilot will offer a refreshing change of pace from standard procedurals?

*crickets*

The actual name of the game was Bomberman: Act Zero, but I will concede that nobody wants to remember what a piece of shit that turned out to be.

The characters seem completely uninteresting, but who knows, maybe the pilot will offer a refreshing change of pace from standard procedurals?

*crickets*

Person of Interest did. Can they capture the same magic!?

Sean

Banned
Watched the pilot a few months ago and the thread title is an accurate description. It's like Chuck without any of the charm or humor.

They skip the origin stuff (unless you count the opening credits) and Holloway's character is already this cocky badass super agent when we first meet him. Within the first five minutes of the pilot they make him seem invincible so it never feels like there's any danger/tension or anything at stake. There's cheesy lines about how he's more important than the President of the United States. And the female Secret Service agent assigned to "protect" him predictably becomes more of a hindrance (spoilers ahead:
she gets shot in the shoulder and then later held hostage
).

I'll give it a few more episodes mainly because I like the actors and there was a cool action scene or two. But hopefully the writing improves.

Watched the pilot a few months ago and the thread title is an accurate description. It's like Chuck without any of the charm or humor.

They skip the origin stuff (unless you count the opening credits) and Holloway's character is already this cocky badass super agent when we first meet him. Within the first five minutes of the pilot they make him seem invincible so it never feels like there's any danger/tension or anything at stake. There's cheesy lines about how he's more important than the President of the United States. And the female Secret Service agent assigned to "protect" him predictably becomes more of a hindrance (spoilers ahead:
she gets shot in the shoulder and then later held hostage
).

I'll give it a few more episodes mainly because I like the actors and there was a cool action scene or two. But hopefully the writing improves.

Not to be sexist but why would anyone assign a petite female field agent to the most important person in America? How little of a shit did that guy give about his job? It's not like she's Black Widow, who's basically a female Batman with the help of clever stunt doubles.

Not to be sexist but why would anyone assign a petite female field agent to the most important person in America? How little of a shit did that guy give about his job? It's not like she's Black Widow, who's basically a female Batman with the help of clever stunt doubles.

Cause you need that sexy factor.

ivysaur12

Banned
Do you even watch Person of Interest!? All the way through!?

I'll Netflix The Good Wife, just for you.

My friend sitting besides me says he's gonna smack me senseless if I even think about turning The Good Wife on

Hulu+ son. And tell your friend to get comfortable with his masculinity.

Sober

Hmm, okay count me in for this for now. It might have a chance to turn good, or it could just become something I leave on in the background because it's not bad enough to hatewatch (Glee) but not terrible or middling enough to simply drop.

Meh, even POI had a rocky bit of a start and everyone was kinda rolling their eyes before it aired, everyone calling that it would just turn into Surveillance State Propaganda: The Show but it turned the other way.

But then again this show doesn't even have that, does it? Looks like the cast will just have to carry it from week to week.

Hmm, okay count me in for this for now. It might have a chance to turn good, or it could just become something I leave on in the background because it's not bad enough to hatewatch (Glee) but not terrible or middling enough to simply drop.

Meh, even POI had a rocky bit of a start and everyone was kinda rolling their eyes before it aired, everyone calling that it would just turn into Surveillance State Propaganda: The Show but it turned the other way.

But then again this show doesn't even have that, does it? Looks like the cast will just have to carry it from week to week.

There is definitely potential in the concept. POI turned a procedural with a neat twist into one of the best and most thrilling and dramatic things on television that has a real message and something to say about the world that we live in.

ivysaur12

Banned
Southland is about as low concept as you can get and was one of the best shows on television.

Intelligence probably won't be, at least going off of its pilot.

nomis

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Hey man, enthusiasm in the TV threads has renewed my interest after just watching the pilot way back when and not thinking it was worth it to stick around just for Benjamin Linus.

But it's like they recast Jason Statham with you in Crank 3, and the plot this time is that if he doesn't make a post every five minutes about how transcendent Person of Interest became in its sophomore season, his heart will explode.

Sober

Southland is about as low concept as you can get and was one of the best shows on television.

Intelligence probably won't be, at least going off of its pilot.
I know we've all seen/known about Chuck but I wonder how it's going to play out to the typical CBS crowd. Funny since POI pretty much because a flagship show and doesn't as -of-the-week as other crime procedural do.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there was no show bible for Intelligence and they just want Josh Holloway being snarky every week which is fine with me I guess. Maybe it'll just end up being another Almost Human? Good but neutered sci-fi (at least the sci-fi we expect, the serial kind).

Hey man, enthusiasm in the TV threads has renewed my interest after just watching the pilot way back when and not thinking it was worth it to stick around just for Benjamin Linus.

But it's like they recast Jason Statham with you in Crank 3, and the plot this time is that if he doesn't make a post every five minutes about how transcendent Person of Interest became in its sophomore season, his heart will explode.

I'M NOT READY TO DIE, NOMIS. POI IS SO GOOD.

I know we've all seen/known about Chuck but I wonder how it's going to play out to the typical CBS crowd. Funny since POI pretty much because a flagship show and doesn't as -of-the-week as other crime procedural do.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there was no show bible for Intelligence and they just want Josh Holloway being snarky every week which is fine with me I guess. Maybe it'll just end up being another Almost Human? Good but neutered sci-fi (at least the sci-fi we expect, the serial kind).

sometimes being a procedural isn't so bad.

sleepy hollow is in full on mythology mode and it's boring as shit. almost human just has this case of the week stuff but it's a lot more entertaining too. it really depends on the chemistry of the cast and if they can pull you through it all sometimes.

ZenaxPure

sleepy hollow is in full on mythology mode and it's boring as shit. almost human just has this case of the week stuff but it's a lot more entertaining too. it really depends on the chemistry of the cast and if they can pull you through it all sometimes.

Personally I can't stand case of the week bullshit, regardless of quality. I would happily take a boring over arching story or world building over case of the week. Because for me the case of the week method is always boring by default. I mean really, I've already given up on almost human because it was the same crap every week, and I really liked everything else about the show so I'm pretty sad about it. I just got incredibly bored.

Sloane

Banned
I'll give it a shot because why not. Don't really expect anything though, everything looks so serious (judging from the trailers) which seems weird considering the lead.

I will give it a shot, but I still don't understand why he needs to have that female agent to "protect" him, if we established that he is pretty much invincible. It made sense on Chuck, not on this show.

I will drop the show instantly if they turn this into a love story (esp. if they do the whole "will they? won't they?)

I will give it a shot, but I still don't understand why he needs to have that female agent to "protect" him, if we established that he is pretty much invincible. It made sense on Chuck, not on this show.

I will drop the show instantly if they turn this into a love story (esp. if they do the whole "will they? won't they?)

That's gonna be the bread and butter of this show, you just know it.

Two incredibly attractive individuals who are forced to team up together? This is Hollywoodland, they gonna hook up.

Sober

sometimes being a procedural isn't so bad.

You are literally the first person who has said Sleepy Hollow is boring when it is literally the opposite. My mind ... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom