• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Press Beta Impressions

Since the embargo for press impressions for the beta for Elder Scrolls Online has been lifted, there has been quite a lot of previews and video footage coming out all at once. I figure it would be a good idea to have a separate thread to discuss this and to collect all this in one place.

If you find any more videos or press impressions please feel free to post them and I will add them to the list.

General impressions are pretty mixed as usual, but at least they are conducting an actual beta and not just a glorified demo so I have hope for the servers and the game in general as it gets closer to release.

jbowYK7wG0glW7.jpg

jyca58v2QTIxv.jpg

Credit for the original list goes to dresdenologist on Reddit.

Jarate

Banned
I really dont trust review sites for MMO's, especially since a lot of MMO's are about the endgame

Player reactions have been awful to this game, but im d/ling the beta right now, so maybe it'll be good

I really dont trust review sites for MMO's, especially since a lot of MMO's are about the endgame

Player reactions have been awful to this game, but im d/ling the beta right now, so maybe it'll be good

I think historically speaking a lot of MMOs have been about the end game content. However, in this case I think ESO is going for more emphasis on story telling as you are leveling and character building. A more hybrid affair whereas in WoW often the story is ignored as you level at least for most people.

That being said, you still need to get to the end game first - so if the game bores you to tears after a few hours then people won't make it there.

Thanks for posting this for me, nice list you've got there :D

Here's the first one I found, you seem to have missed it:

Elder-Geek.com - Elder Scrolls Online Video Preview

Here's Kotaku's http://kotaku.com/wow-elder-scrolls-online-graphics-comparison-is-like-n-1518251603

That difference between minimum and maximum graphics option...

Thanks to both of you. I have amended the list.

The graphics comparison is quite good. I think it looks great on high, and adequately poor on low settings. Hopefully allowing all to enjoy.

My girlfriend has participated on most of the BETA dates and she's absolutely loving the exploration and the world. Though, to be fair, to even call her a casual gamer would be a bit of a push. Skyrim is really the only game she has played that wasn't cooperatively with me.

That being said she spent almost 1,000 hours in Skyrim across PC and PS3 so it'd be fair to say that if you loved Skyrim then you'll probably like this. At first she didn't like it but once she broke out of both training areas she had lots of fun and from what I've seen from her playing it does look pretty awesome.

escapistmagazine said:
The Environment is More Static

The first major difference between the The Elder Scrolls Online and Skyrim is the game world itself. One of the highlights of Skyrim was that it featured a huge open world to explore, and you could wander into all manner of quests, encounters and other shenanigans just by going for a brief stroll from one village to the next. Unfortunately, technical limitations most likely prevent TESO from having the same giant sandbox seen in previous Elder Scrolls games, and instead adopts a more linear, story-based approach with a wide variety of different locales instead.

Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...rs-Need-to-Know-About-ESO#uyzbT3CDmOFVLqkH.99

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Why Bethesda, Why?

Top Bottom