• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS version of Retro City Rampage sells most full-priced copies

Oregano

Thought this was worth a thread. The source is the game's twitter:

The other platforms had a 15 month head start, but the 3DS version of Retro City Rampage became the best-selling-at-full-price port.

The full-priced qualifier is quite important but it shows that there's a healthy market for indie games on the 3DS at least.

Refyref

The 3DS version launched at a lower price due to the time, but this is still quite the achievement.

Ah, okay. So this statistic is only for the DX version I'm assuming?

No. DX version was just an update, only 3DS version launched as DX.

TI82

Banned
Okay, so I wonder if the PS+ sold most overall seeing as how it was "free". Still very good regardless for the guy. I know he went through a lot of health problems to get the game out!

Shizuka

Isn't it because the first 3DS release was DX, while every other platform already had the original game released before that?

Oregano

Isn't it because the first 3DS release was DX, while every other platform already had the original game released before that?

As pointed out they reference the other versions having a 15 month head start for they're counting the original version.

Memory

I bought it on 3DS rather than consoles, seemed like a handheld game to me. I'm sure being in that direct helped alot as well.

I'm glad he made money on 3DS after the whole Wii episode (which was a terrible decision on his end not helped by the draconian Wii store rules).

Roto13

I bought it on 3DS rather than consoles, seemed like a handheld game to me. I'm sure being in that direct helped alot as well.

I'm glad he made money on 3DS after the whole Wii episode (which was a terrible decision on his end not helped by the draconian Wii store rules).

He started the game before the whole faux retro thing became overdone but took way too long to get it out. Game probably should have been released earlier with less crap in it. (There are a lot of terrible minigames and things.)

Bitanator

Wasn't this the game that showed Vita was a healthy place for indies to thrive early on? I remember it being the best selling

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Surprised given the game is pretty mediocre and couldn't have had very compelling word of mouth by that point.

You're such a hater! Consensus on the game is that it's a masterpiece but noooooo, GAF hivemind has the ballz to say the contrary, try to make the game tank on every platform, spew lies about the Wii debacle AND convince others to not give it a chance whenever someone has anything positive to say about RCRDX. Once again GAF's confirms how much the hate for Provinciano is strong and for no good reason. Thank god the cat is out the bag and the whole world knows that devs hate us and think we're a bunch of lowlife haters.

/s

Top Bottom