• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVGA has fantastic customer support

I heard that they had a BIOS update for 980 GTX SC cards to remedy some black screen issues with some games.

I sent them an email Sunday night, inquiring, and thought "We'll I'll hear from them sometime this week I hope". Lo and behold, 20 minutes later on a Sunday night I received an email back from a human asking a few additional questions. I was surprised to see a reply back not only for a sunday night but so quickly.

I had several additional follow-up emails with them and they were always within 20 minute replies. I am very impressed with their service.

Anyone else have a good experience with EVGA?

Remmy2112

I've always had good experiences with their customer support. I once had to RMA a graphics card with them for a problem I don't even fully recall now. They no longer had any stock of that graphics card so they sent me a replacement of the same tier from their next generation of card.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I had a good laugh with the phone representative when I called about my RMA'd GTX 460 that caught fire while I was playing Witcher 2. Very pleasant call, and the entire replacement process went by fairly quickly.

Thankfully, I haven't really had to deal with their support too much, but the few times I did they were great.

I'm generally not one for "brand loyalty" but EVGA is pretty top-tier, and all of my graphics cards have been bought through them. Their awesome warranty is just the icing on the cake, really.

epmode

I love EVGA. I happily pay a bit more for their SUPER SPECIAL WARRANTY garbage. It's already saved me a few headaches over the years.

iNvid02

yeah, in a market where you cant do a whole lot to differentiate yourself they've built a reputation for first class customer service

Jin

I had the same issue as you regarding the black screen. Their BIOS update gave me errors and Evga's quick response was that since I had SLI I need to remove one card, update, swap the other card, update, then put them back together. And it works. A+ customer service.

I had the same issue as you regarding the black screen. Their BIOS update gave me errors and Evga's quick response was that since I had SLI I need to remove one card, update, swap the other card, update, then put them back together. And it works. A+ customer service.

did it fix your black screen issue? mines gone!

crpav

Every video card, and 1 mainboard way back, since I started building my own computers have been EVGA. No issues with them except my old video card died but being over 6 years old it had it's use so no complaints.

I sat on the phone once for an hour and a half just shooting the shit with one of their tech guys.

EVGA tech and customer support are great people.

dsk1210

Out of interest, how long are the EVGA warranties?

Most of my graphics cards have failed at some point, just popped my 780ti into a temporary PC I have and it's gone man. :-(

Serick

Married Member
I love EVGA support. They have definitely earned me as a customer for life. I've RMA'd several cards, done step-ups, and never had a single issue.

Ouroboros

LOVE EVGA's products. I've been an advocate for their products since my first GPU of theirs. Glad you had a great experience with them.

Every video card, and 1 mainboard way back, since I started building my own computers have been EVGA. No issues with them except my old video card died but being over 6 years old it had it's use so no complaints.

Same here. The cards are usually a bit more expensive than the other brands, but they are a damn fine company. First card was a 8800gt, it fried about a year into its life. I called them up, mistakenly let them know that I OC'd it...not only did they replace it, they gave me a 9800gt instead.

Ever since, I've owned the Evga personal heater( GTX 470) and a GTX 770... No problems since.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
EVGA is top tier. They even honor warranty if you got a GPU second hand.

That's the reason I felt comfortable purchasing a refurbished GTX 960 (EVGA) from Newegg. Not only was it ridiculously discounted, it came with a one-year warranty backed by EVGA's consistent customer service.

_woLf

I bought a GTX 970 FTW that was having constant crashing and overheating issues. Contacted, got an advanced RMA, and they sent me the newer model, the FTW+. Apparently has completely new design for cooling system.

Haven't had a problem yet. Pretty awesome.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
When I buy Nvidia cards there is never a question.

I will only buy EVGA so long as their customer service remains where it is. EVGA is best-in-class when it comes to video cards.

When I emailed them about Batman:AK being borked(the code that came with my 980ti) hoping for a replacement with the then offered MGSV, they told me too bad. So I don't think they're that great. It was disappointing because I've bought nothing but EVGA cards for the last 7 years.

Their replacement policy is excellent though which I've had to use once, and was pretty painless. Also, step-up program is a nice service they offer.

Great company and great service. I recommend their products to others and use them when I build rigs for others. Customer service has always been very nice and helpful and have called me thanking me for my service/verification/satisfaction at times.

Customer service is king in my eyes and I will buy from whoever offers the best service regardless.

Rizific

only experience i had with them was way way back with my 6600gt. mine died and i sent a request for rma. was told they no longer made my gpu so they will send a replacement 7600gt instead. i havent had an nvidia gpu since then, but if/when i do get one evga will definitely be a top choice of mine.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
When I emailed them about Batman:AK being borked(the code that came with my 980ti) hoping for a replacement with the then offered MGSV, they told me too bad. So I don't think they're that great. It was disappointing because I've bought nothing but EVGA cards for the last 7 years.

Their replacement policy is excellent though which I've had to use once, and was pretty painless. Also, step-up program is a nice service they offer.
Batman's functionality isn't really their responsibility.

Damaniel

Banned
They're so good that I won't buy my video cards from anyone else. If I remember correctly, the first card I ever bought from them was a GeForce 8800GTS, and I've upgraded a bunch since then. I've even taken advantage of the Step Up program a couple times and never had any issues with them honoring it.

rObit

Banned
Definitely. I had my 660ti go out on me after two years and they had a three year warranty for it, so I sent it back and they gave me a 760 as a replacement. Really quick, no questions asked. The cards seem a little pricier up front than other brands but it seems worth it in the long run.

Aeana

This is why I pay the extra amount to buy EVGA, because experience says I'm gonna have some sort of issue down the line, and with BFG out of business, EVGA is the best we've got.

Xenus

This is why I pay the extra amount to buy EVGA, because experience says I'm gonna have some sort of issue down the line, and with BFG out of business, EVGA is the best we've got.

Yeah I had an 7800GT KO SC die then got an 8800GT from them that died recently since it was a lifetime warranty I said why not talked to them for an RMA got GT 740 out of the deal that will last me till the HBM2 cards come. It even was the one with expanded memory and the RMA's still have the lifetime warranty with them. When I next buy a card it'll be from them even though they have way shortened the warranty terms. I'm also considering one of their motherboards for when I go skylake even though they are really expensive.

Top Bottom