• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast RMX to only be a 900MB download

Also for those who don't know it runs at 1080 60fps, supports 4 player split screen (all in 60fps but with a dynamic resolution), has twice the content of the Wii U game and supports HD rumble. Also 8 player online and it's $20.

Quote about HD rumble:
"HD Rumble is really cool. I think FAST RMX is one of the first games at all that makes use of it. HD Rumble gives you the impression you are really 'on the track'. You feel when you bump into something, and you really feel 'where' it happened in regard to your vehicle. You could even try to close you eyes and play blind just by that feedback. You also recognize just by HD Rumble feedback if you drive over a jump-pad or if you get propelled by a boost-pad. We think its really something novel and thats a lot to get more immersed." http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_and_performance_of_switchs_futuristic_racer

TLDR: Buy it

Also for those who don't know it runs at 1080 60fps, supports 4 player split screen (all in 60fps but with a dynamic resolution), has twice the content of the Wii U game and supports HD rumble. Also 8 player online and it's $20.

Quote about HD rumble:
"HD Rumble is really cool. I think FAST RMX is one of the first games at all that makes use of it. HD Rumble gives you the impression you are really 'on the track'. You feel when you bump into something, and you really feel 'where' it happened in regard to your vehicle. You could even try to close you eyes and play blind just by that feedback. You also recognize just by HD Rumble feedback if you drive over a jump-pad or if you get propelled by a boost-pad. We think its really something novel and thats a lot to get more immersed." http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_and_performance_of_switchs_futuristic_racer

Also this bit:

First of all we were able to drop all the tricks that we needed to make FAST Racing Neo run at 60fps at all. So the image quality of FAST RMX is much higher then FAST Racing Neo. We also improved the rendering resolution from 720p to 1080p. We also took this chance to create a complete new user interface to make better use of the higher resolution.

This new user interface is even quicker and more responsive then the original which is a perfect fit for a racing game.

Most of the tracks from the Wii U version got improvements for better lighting and more special effects. We also added a new GRAPHICS option to the Pause menu. There you can toggle effects like 'Dynamic HDR Exposure' and 'Chromatic Aberration'. The first one allows a much higher dynamic range of brightness on the screen. You have to see it in action. It makes the game much more lifelike. The 2nd effect emulates how real lenses work on cameras and gives a nice touch of realism to the image. All these additions were not in the demo version that many people already played, because the demo was created last year.

Good grief.

Evilmaus

Oh wow. That's impressive work.

I played the original on Wii U and it really is a great game. RMX will hopefully be a great revision!

Quote about HD rumble:

Thanks for this post, as if I wasn't sold on it enough already.

The game looks amazing... but I hear it's really hard.

Is this going to be he cause of anger and frustration if I get it or will I have fun? (I'm not good at racing games...)

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder why Nintendo hasn't acquired then as a second party dev yet. They work miracles for Nintendo systems.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wonder why Nintendo hasn't acquired then as a second party dev yet. They work miracles for Nintendo systems.

It's a small team of rebel coders that have been working together since the Amiga demo scene days. They don't want to be bought by anybody.

wFqBxzt.jpg

mkvl

Neo Member
I have no interest in this game but I will buy it on launch because Shin'en really deserve it.

Phoenixus

The game looks amazing... but I hear it's really hard.

Is this going to be he cause of anger and frustration if I get it or will I have fun? (I'm not good at racing games...)

Rumour says the difficulty has been rebalanced. Hopefully anyway, I sucked at the WiiU version and would like to purchase this one.

LordKano

Nintendo games being small is no magic, most games that are huge in size is because of extensive voice acting and high quality audio files. Nintendo games largely don't have voice acting.

Lack of voice acting isn't the only thing that explains how a game like Super Mario 3D World is barely a gig.

Nintendo games being small is no magic, most games that are huge in size is because of extensive voice acting and high quality audio files. Nintendo games largely don't have voice acting.

I mean, Zelda being what it is and having voice acting is still only 13GB. That's pretty impressive.

Hhhhhhh

I already want so much at launch I'm gonna have to wait just a bit on this but I don't wanna

Might just break and get it at launch anyway. Didn't know it supports HD rumble and I've been wanting some games that'll utilize it.

Hhhhhhh

I already want so much at launch I'm gonna have to wait just a bit on this but I don't wanna

Might just break and get it at launch anyway. Didn't know it supports HD rumble and I've been wanting some games that'll utilize it.

I'm not certain if their January demo supported HD rumble, I haven't heard any impressions. In their Nintendo life interview they confirmed the January demo was made in 2016 so any impressions are probably outdated. We'll find out what it's like for ourselves in 2 days!

SephLuis

This FAST RMX is a enchanced port of FAST Racing Neo or a new game ?

My main issue with Racing Neo was the controls, more specifically, that you didn't had air brakes for sharp turns. The level design of each race was very wide to accommodate that and it wasn't something that I liked especially if I were to compare the game to Wipeout or FZero.

Top Bottom