• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors: local multiplayer, Robin, Lisa & Lucina leaked, permadeath,more

LordKano

There has been a lot of informations concerning Fire Emblem Warriors through various interviews and sites updates and no new threads were made, so I thought it might be a good idea to just lay out everything here.

First, local multiplayer has been confirmed in an interview by Nintendolife :
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...developers_on_characters_game_design_and_more
Is Fire Emblem Warriors going to have local splitscreen, similar to Hyrule Warriors?

Hayashi-san: Yes. We anticipated people would like that kind of gameplay, so we’ve made local co-op available where you can separate the joy-con from the system and play splitscreen.
There's, however, no plan for online coop as for now :
Is there any plan for any type of online functionality?

Hayashi-san: At this point we don’t have any online functionality, it’s more offline multiplayer.

In the same interview, post-launch support with DLC was tackled but no definitive answer was given.
Hyrule Warriors enjoyed a very long life post-launch thanks to DLC and free updates. Are there plans to support the game after launch with additional content?

Hayashi-san: We definitely appreciate the fact that people are looking forward to that kind of follow up after the main game is released, but right now we’re just focused on creating the main game, so that’s something you’ll have to wait to find out about until later.

The whole interview is rather interesting if you want to read the whole thing. Next, from an interview with Kotaku, they confirms that you can change classes :
http://kotaku.com/the-makers-of-fire-emblem-warriors-wont-tell-us-if-donn-1796426553

On leveling up characters and changing classes:

Hayashi: Yes, we definitely anticipated people wanting [to change classes]. You can level up and it will change the character’s appearance as well.

They also confirms hardcore mode and permadeath but the latter will be different from the way it works in Fire Emblem :
On hardcore mode and losing characters:

Hayashi: We know Fire Emblem fans are both hardcore and casual players, and much like we have options for both in the Fire Emblem series, we also offer [a hardcore mode] in this game. You can choose a more difficult mode where you have to think strategically or else you’ll lose characters, or a more casual mode where you will not lose characters.

Totilo: There is permadeath?

Hayashi: Maybe not in the same way as the main Fire Emblem games, but in a way that might make more sense for a Warriors game.

Concerning mariage, we already knew it but it's still not planned. You'll still be able to forge bonds between characters, but nobody will screw anyone. Also, Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates are still the games they're "focusing" on for the roster.

They also confirms they unfortunately have no plans to develop Pikmin Warriors or Wave Race Warriors.

Next, Serenes Forest catched two unannounced characters in the Treasure Box Edition of the game, who looks quite a bit like Male Robin and Lissa, both from Fire Emblem Awakening. There's also a second Marth-like character who's probably Lucina, but it's harder to tell.
https://serenesforest.net/2017/06/2...easure-box-unintentionally-spoils-characters/
d333d31b41b72f6b42bca8640b0921ce.png

warriors-blurry-sprites.png

Note that Famitsu quickly removed that specific part of the LE once the discovery was made, basically confirming these finds.
https://twitter.com/theprinceofiris/status/880003084209897475/photo/1
DDZlR2uXoAEtPxb.jpg

Here are artworks of Male Robin, Lissa and Lucina if you don't know them (hard to believe in the case of Lucina but you never know) :

MdV4jOq.png
0vvlKLE.png
RHj7Sql.png

Ultimadrago

Still no online co-op? Just like Hyrule Warriors?

With each news wave, this is getting closer and closer to a "Nope." for me.

WonderzL

Banned
I actually love that they are sticking to Awakening and Fates characters, to be honest. Great cast all around. Put Ike and Alm and Celica and it's fine

Neoxon

I think we all expected Robin & Lucina. Lissa is a nice surprise, though.

Also, good to hear about local multiplayer.

Permadeath in musou games isn't TOO farfetched, since in the story/musou mode if one of your allies died, they just wouldn't appear in future battles. Every Dynasty and Samurai Warriors game tackled the death of key allies, most of them playable characters. I doubt if your playable character dies in free mode, that you lose the ability to play that character/lose their progress.

That aside, I do think the roster looks a little safe. Mostly characters from Awakening and Fates?

LordKano

Roster so far is :
- Marth
- Chrom
- Robin (male)
- Lissa
- Corrin
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Lucina
- Rowan (original character do not steal)
- Lianna (original character too)

So, 10 characters. We know there will be at least 20 characters due to some indications from the developers.

NSESN

So it loks like the only character that isn't from awakening or fates will be Marth right?
My interest is almost zero now. How Koei and IS think Lissa is a good addition?

cheez124

as someone who's only played awakening and fates, the roster so far is fine with me, lol. i do feel bad for longtime FE fans who were expecting more though

Xbro

Roster so far is :
- Marth
- Chrom
- Robin (male)
- Lissa
- Corrin
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Lucina

So, 10 characters. We know there will be at least 20 characters due to some indications from the developers.

How many of those don't use a sword?

Roster so far is :
- Marth
- Chrom
- Robin (male)
- Lissa
- Corrin
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Lucina

Young Tiki has an amiibo so..
she is probably in too

Still. the roster does very little for me

Zyrox

Knew they were gonna put in Male Robin after they've shown FemCorrin.
Inferior choice for both.

Don't forget that Anna is in the game, in some form or another.

I just read the 'roster is boring' comments to mostly mean 'no Tharja/Camilla' tbh

Xbro

she is probably in too

As much as I like Young Tiki, I think Old Tiki would have been a better pick. Having Old Tiki meets Marth is literally the only thing I would be interested in with the pool of games they've chosen.

NSESN

as someone who's only played awakening and fates, the roster so far is fine with me, lol. i do feel bad for longtime FE fans who were expecting more though

They could at least add the Smash bros character and the Valentia ones. Valentia in specific would be great to promove the last game they released.

I think all of this 3DS pandering will be a shot in the foot.

Not sure why people are angry that the most popular characters from the most popular fe games are getting in over your niche favorite from a game when the series was declining towards death.

LordKano

she is probably in too

Completely forgot about Tiki but you're right. If she's in, that'd be 3 characters without sword, vs 8 swords-users.

Don't forget that Anna is in the game, in some form or another.

I just read the 'roster is boring' comments to mostly mean 'no Tharja/Camilla' tbh

I think I've read somewhere that Anna is just the shop-keeper but I'm not sure so I didn't include it.

Xbro

Not sure why people are angry that the most popular characters from the most popular fe games are getting in over your niche favorite from a game when the series was declining towards death.

Ike is literally the most popular character in the series.

Completely forgot about Tiki but you're right. If she's in, that'd be 3 characters without sword, vs 7 swords-users.

To clarify my earlier post, I wouldn't really care if it was 90% sword users, I just care that they used "too many swords" as an excuse not to include the lords from the other games.

Renna Hazel

I'm going to assume local co-op with two consoles is an option? Hyrule Warriors had such poor performance in co-op and I would hope there are some options that offer the full game experience in co-op mode.

Roster so far is :
- Marth
- Chrom
- Robin (male)
- Lissa
- Corrin
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Lucina

So if we assume there are indeed 20 characters, and all the royals from fates are in:

- Marth
- Chrom
- Robin (male)
- Lissa
- Corrin
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Lucina
- Elise
- Camilla
- Takumi
- Sakura
- Hinoka
- Azura
- Anna
- .... we got only three left. Tharja has to be in, and so should Ike. I'm guessing Sumia or Cordelia is in for the Pegasus Knight class.

Jesus christ, MORE sword characters!? I mean, I guess it was a given that Lucina would appear, but then why make all the OCs use swords as well? Some of the choices they are making for this game are mind boggling. And Chris's little sister is playable too? Why? There are so many more interesting characters to pick, even for staff users.

Top Bottom