• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby 25th Anniversary Sale - Up to 25% off select digital titles through August 8th

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals

It's been 25 years since the heroic pink puff made his debut, so we're celebrating with a sale on Kirby games for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The included games are a great way to play through Kirby's history, from his very first appearance in the Kirby's Dream Land game all the way to last year's Kirby: Planet Robobot. Shop now--the sale ends at 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 8.

Nintendo 3DS

wnAPBfComqvSa2EbICn6tCo9WQdbVuUY.png

Kirby: Triple Deluxe
$19.99
$14.99

2QVW5WCjEWJ9Z4mLCsEJDDwU9cLYKfNp.png

Kirby: Planet Robobot
$39.99
$29.99

gOOBConoT3PYCboED_5ot9tLX3tut4sj.png

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
$6.99
$5.24

5TMvkC6Vn3HaNE0UiYbp8LsSeE6OXM_w.png

Kirby's Dream Land
$3.99
$2.99

LtMZHrszTIQJMiFJTMEo5EBw0_d-LDg0.png

Kirby's Dream Land 2
$3.99
$2.99

Wii U

0TShAZDltTKGCuuvpdSift5GabvOuWhe.png

Kirby's Return to Dream Land
$19.99
$14.99

Z_kUICM-DtovryILjBqDWOe8A5hfxw3u.png

Kirby's Adventure
$4.99
$3.74

MOEiG7tQO5udrMs7ECqZRM8VROWQ8pMv.png

Kirby Super Star
$7.99
$5.99

pC0TJpzJ-gL_lGKXhVM04Engqp5zuFOg.png

Kirby's Dream Land 3
$7.99
$5.99

2kXDP-YGk6_zg1wIzxSgJ0hB8YkPRhVP.png

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
$6.99
$5.24

tpzVSzkrSfvBs61uaSxpNRsPAP8LLpcZ.png

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
$9.99
$7.49

-uB40A4qSa_a_2uca5zOj8V7nhJFEdzC.png

Kirby Squeak Squad
$9.99
$7.49

Already own all of 'em, but those are great deals.

Yeesh, though. I forgot how nasty some of the Wii U filters are. Poor Kirby 64!

Shiggy

Surprised the 3DS eShop-only titles (Blowout Blast, Fighters Deluxe, Dedede Drum Dash) aren't up for sale.

This is below their usual 30% discount.

Let's see, any title from DS and Wii onwards I would own physically. No Rainbow Curse is unfortunate. I liked that game quite a bit.

I also own Kirby's Dream Collection for Wii and have the 3DS Ambassador The Amazing Mirror for GBA so there are no titles I'm missing.

You know what, I guess I'll buy the 3D Classics for Kirby's Adventure. I first got it as the free NES game on Wii when they made the Web browser free, then as part of Dream Collection and then for $0.30 on Wii U during the NES Anniversary event. What's a forth time with 3D goodness? I still have never finished it so this would be a good time.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Christ, guys. If you're going to just drop in to thread shit don't post at all.

Planet Robobot or Triple Deluxe?

I was intending to pick up Robobot a few days ago lol

They're both great, but I'd say start with TD and then play PR afterward.

Christ, guys. If you're going to just drop in to thread shit don't post at all.

lol it's a bad sale and should be called out as such

for example if you have a GCU membership you can get physical copies of those 3DS games for the same price or like 1-2 dollars more.

Richie

So the sales suck. *Ba dum tss*

This is below their usual 30% discount.

Seems 30% off and above will be tied to MyNintendo. Ever since that service kicked in, general Ninty sales have been few and far between.

I'm still scratching my head at the Wii titles never again receiving that awesome 50% discount they had during their first week out (and then again it was only the first three that got it, making Metroid Prime Trilogy a specially phenomenal deal). They should bring that back...

But hey, Robobot is a worthy purchase at full price, let alone discounted. May be my favorite in the franchise; an injection of fresh air on the well trodded path of Kirby tropes.

They're both great, but I'd say start with TD and then play PR afterward.

How's TD if I already played Robobot? I fear it may feel uninspired in comparison; if it plays it too safe, I may just wait for Kirby Switch to scratch that itch.

maxcriden

Thanks for the head's-up!

Tough to think of converting my physical copy of Robobot for only 25% off. But I suppose I got the eShop cred for 20% off so maybe it's worth it.

P.S. Dream Land 3 is criminally under-appreciated.

tumblr_nfo78tDiHt1r7sijxo1_500.gif

tumblr_nfo7e2WhEL1r7sijxo1_500.gif

tumblr_nfo6y1VPp71r7sijxo1_500.gif

tumblr_m85zv0skyN1qhnz7po1_500.gif

Crystal Shards is pretty under-appreciated too.

tumblr_inline_mqqcb3SZYq1qz4rgp.gif

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
How's TD if I already played Robobot? I fear it may feel uninspired in comparison.

They're very similar mechanically but they're also both very solid titles.

If it's been a while since you played through Robobot you'll likely dig Triple Deluxe but if PR was a recent finish you may be a bit burnt out on the Kirby formula.

So the sales suck. *Ba dum tss*

Seems 30% off and above will be tied to MyNintendo. Ever since that service kicked in, general Ninty sales have been few and far between.

I'm still scratching my head at the Wii titles never again receiving that awesome 50% discount they had during their first week out (and then again it was only the first three that got it, making Metroid Prime Trilogy a specially phenomenal deal). They should bring that back...

But hey, Robobot is a worthy purchase at full price, let alone discounted. May be my favorite in the franchise; an injection of fresh air on the well trodded path of Kirby tropes.

Yeah I've also noticed sales have gotten worse on first-party stuff as it seems they want you to spend coins on discounts.

As for the Wii games this past E3 sale they had the first Galaxy and WarioWare: Smooth Moves for 50% off. Those two and the first three Wii games that were discounted are the Wii games I own on Wii U.

Though I'm hoping for a My Nintendo discount on Other M when Samus Returns comes out.

But this isn't really the place for it. Nobody here controls Nintendo's sale prices. You're best off contacting Nintendo directly if you're unhappy with it.

How is it not the place? NeoGAF is a video game discussion forum, this is a thread about a sale. I don't see the issue with people discussing the fact that it's not an impressive sale.

I've been wanting to pick up Robobot, but when I can get the physical at BB for roughly the same price, well that barely qualifies as a sale IMO.

maybe it's appropriate that a sale for Kirby games completely sucks

this is Gene Shalit signing off

ayoo

This is convenient since I'm just about to finish Triple Deluxe. Been waiting for a sale on PR.

Even though it's not much of a discount

maxcriden

How's TD if I already played Robobot? I fear it may feel uninspired in comparison; if it plays it too safe, I may just wait for Kirby Switch to scratch that itch.

They're very similar mechanically but they're also both very solid titles.

If it's been a while since you played through Robobot you'll likely dig Triple Deluxe but if PR was a recent finish you may be a bit burnt out on the Kirby formula.

I agree with NOLA. I think both are great and in some ways I prefer TD since some of the level design and gimmick use appealed to me more and I liked its subgames better. Both are wonderful, though. It's really tough for me to decide which is better. I think RTDL is just as good, or nearly as good.

ZeoVGM

Banned
But this isn't really the place for it. Nobody here controls Nintendo's sale prices. You're best off contacting Nintendo directly if you're unhappy with it.

So there should be no complaining about anything bad ever because we don't control it. We should only contact publishers directly.

Silly post.

Man....just bought Return to Dreamland finally last weekend too lol. Oh well, still feel like I got a great deal for it at $20

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I agree with NOLA. I think both are great and in some ways I prefer TD since some of the level design and gimmick use appealed to me more and I liked its subgames better. Both are wonderful, though. It's really tough for me to decide which is better. I think RTDL is just as good, or nearly as good.

I thought the endgame stages and boss was better in Triple Deluxe. As usual Kirby games get sudden tone shifts for their endings.

So there should be no complaining about anything bad ever because we don't control it. We should only contact publishers directly.

Silly post.

Generally complaining is most effective when what's being complained about can be fixed.

Since nobody here is capable of fixing it, it's a waste of time and basically thread shitting.

Koh

Wow 25%. Ha ha ha ha. That's a great joke. You'd get a better sale on a non-anniversary random sale.

I thought the endgame stages and boss was better in Triple Deluxe. As usual Kirby games get sudden tone shifts for their endings.

Generally complaining is most effective when what's being complained about can be fixed.

Since nobody here is capable of fixing it, it's a waste of time and basically thread shitting.

Apparently discussion of a sale in a thread about a sale is thread shitting. Noted.

3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
$6.99
$5.24

Kirby's Dream Land
$3.99
$2.99

Kirby's Dream Land 2
$3.99
$2.99

holy_shit_keegan_michael_key.gif

What a deal.

If you're above 6 years old, skip Triple Deluxe. The game offers no creativity or challenge whatsoever and is a waste of money for older audiences.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Is planet robobot still at it's core a 'traditional' Kirby game? I really enjoyed Triple Deluxe.

Planet Robobot is basically the Triple Deluxe engine with new enemies, levels, and gimmicks.

If you liked Triple Deluxe you'll like Robobot as well.

If you're above 6 years old, skip Triple Deluxe. The game offers no creativity or challenge whatsoever and is a waste of money for older audiences.

I disagree. Triple Deluxe was the best Kirby game I played since the SNES, but to each their own.

Is planet robobot still at it's core a 'traditional' Kirby game? I really enjoyed Triple Deluxe.

You would love Robobot then. It's fantastic

What...this is some strange logic. You know games can just be simple fun right? Just sounds like the game is not for you. Enjoyment of a game is not measured in how old you are and how much it challenges you. At least not for everyone.

Cuburt

Not a great sale, but enough that I may finally jump in for Robobot and fill out some of the back catalog of games I wasn't too hot on.

Sami+

Did the Kirby games slow down in pace after GBA? I enjoyed the Wii one but always felt like something about it was a bit off in comparison. 3DS ones seem similar to it as well.

Nightmare in Dreamland is still the best imo ❤️

maxcriden

Did the Kirby games slow down in pace after GBA? I enjoyed the Wii one but always felt like something about it was a bit off in comparison. 3DS ones seem similar to it as well.

Good question. I think DL3 is the slowest-paced in the series (though I love it). I know what you mean about the GBA ones (and DS IMO) seeming snappier in pace. I don't think of RTDL or the 3DS games as notably slow, though. I think his default walk is just not as speedy. Kirby does have the ability to walk more quickly, but I wonder if maybe most promos vids don't show that as much. The 3DS games don't have the slow pacing of DL3, though.

Giga Man

Slowest-paced Kirby game award goes to Kirby 64 easily. It's a great game, though. My second favorite in the series.

Thanks for the head's-up!

Tough to think of converting my physical copy of Robobot for only 25% off. But I suppose I got the eShop cred for 20% off so maybe it's worth it.

P.S. Dream Land 3 is criminally under-appreciated.

tumblr_nfo78tDiHt1r7sijxo1_500.gif
Someone didn't complete that flower's request. :(

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

The 3DS games seem to really encourage exploration, which alters the pace a bit.

Apparently discussion of a sale in a thread about a sale is thread shitting. Noted.

There's a difference between discussion and drive-by posts.

You would love Robobot then. It's fantastic

What...this is some strange logic. You know games can just be simple fun right? Just sounds like the game is not for you. Enjoyment of a game is not measured in how old you are and how much it challenges you. At least not for everyone.
I know it's not for me (above six years old), but I've been simple as hell games that at least demonstrate creativity, including Nintendo's own. The level design is simplistic to a fault, to the point I can't believe the house that built Mario did this.

The game is hilariously condescending with that fruit power up that feels so undeserved by the player. Again, I don't mind kids getting games, but there is negative challenge here for older audiences unlike Nintendo's other platformers.

Top Bottom