• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Escaped orangutang terrorizes Japanese children (legendary thread ENTER)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Japan... :)

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,469075,00.html

A zoo in western Tokyo has carried out an animal escape drill with an employee wearing an orangutan costume. Small children were terrified by the fearsome renegade ape.

Ah, the orangutan, a noble primate. The remarkably intelligent ape, whose name means "person of the forest" can hardly enjoy captivity. So it was no surprise that one orangutan launched an escape bid in a zoo in western Tokyo Tuesday.

Except the runaway ape was in fact a zoo keeper in an animal costume. The escape bid was actually part of an elaborate drill to train for real animal break outs.

Zoo workers practiced surrounding the escapee with nets before pretending to shoot it with a tranquilizer dart. The renegade primate was then "returned" to its enclosure.

Not everybody was able to tell the simulation from reality, however. Several small children were terrified by the "orangutan" and burst into tears.

0,1020,812404,00.jpg

0,1020,812419,00.jpg

0,1020,812424,00.jpg

0,1020,812426,00.jpg

0,1020,812428,00.jpg

0,1020,812431,00.jpg

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
:lol :lol

oh Japan is this what it means to be the most disaster prepared nation in the world?

Espada

:lol

Wow, I don't even want to imagine what would happen if someone dressed up like Godzilla started running around at the zoo.

Wes

venison crêpe
We have to do stuff like this at the zoo I work at during the holidays. Although I don't think it's taken as seriously as these pictures show these guys do!

I love the pic of the woman hanging out the window with the rifle. The orangutang is watching you. Through your window. At night.

pretty stupid, we are keeping this animal for you to gaze at...oh it escaped! Kill it! I hope the orang utan has been watching this and formulating a gap in their operation. Put on a person suit!

peace

Pimpbaa

I don't get it. With regular Godzilla and other monster attacks on Japan, you'd think the children wouldn't be such pussies.

:lol :lol Oh my god, this thread is hilarious.

That one pic of the girl doing the "drive by" looks like the Japanese recreating one of those GTA:San Andreas advertisements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom