• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official LAIR thread

Captain N

cover.jpg

In a world ravaged by endless conflict and natural disaster, a call for peace turns into a bloodbath of betrayal and deceit. You are Rohn, a warrior riding a voracious dragon trained for deadly aerial and ground combat, and capable of scorching, clawing and smashing thousands of enemies. You must defeat countless armies to save a civilization and together, you and the beast will change the destiny of a world on the brink of extinction.

* Engage in a struggle on an epic scale as your civilization repels the onslaught of an unrelenting army.

* A seamless combination of vast battles in air and on the ground, against other beasts, and armies of thousands.

* Unleash your might through large-scale battles that span both the sky and ground.

* Turn the tides of war with your ferocious dragon. Scorch the ground with flames and command the skies against vicious enemies.

* Immerse yourself in a living, breathing world of voracious beasts, a deep storyline and visceral gameplay.

* Fully supports PLAYSTATION®3 SIXAXIS™ wireless controller.

Official Site http://www.us.playstation.com/Lair/

Release Date August 14th(Ship date)

--------------------------------------------------
Reviews

Play Magazine - 9

Screen Shots
lair1.jpg

Videos

Coming Soon

Coming Soon

Playstation 3 Wallpapers

Coming Soon

lairart.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I hope people notice this game, the production values warrant at least a look. Fanboy or not this is a catalyst of technical prowess on any platform.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Buttonbasher said:
Is there a demo planned? In the new brochure it lists it as under downloadable demos.
There's a demo planned, yes, but it hasn't been guaranteed to arrive before the game's release.

They should have made the Dragon bigger.

Dragons will draw people.

You know, I saw a PS3 on at Best Buy with a Lair box in front of it. I thought to myself "OMGWTF LAIR DEMO?!"

No Lair demo :(

The Chef

captive said:
Wow you are a jackass,
:lol

This game is going to be so damn gorgeous. But as I said in the other Lair thread, I just hope it doesn't become dull and repetitive. I mean what do you guys think? Do we have any info on the length of the game overall?

Captain N

The Chef said:
:lol

This game is going to be so damn gorgeous. But as I said in the other Lair thread, I just hope it doesn't become dull and repetitive. I mean what do you guys think? Do we have any info on the length of the game overall?

I was actually trying to find out how long the game is myself. Knowing Factor 5 or at least looking at the Star Wars games Lair should have a lot of reasons to play through the game again with unlockables and all that jazz.

Wollan

I for the life of me can't find the pic of the main menu screen of this game. Anyone have it? Some cool options and stuff on it.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Only thing that worries me is if the reason Sony hasn't been pushing this hard is because they don't believe in it. My excitement is about 7/10 which means I am getting it and definitely looking forward to it but with reservations.

I really do hope it'll be awesome.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I know I just don't understand why they aren't pushing this game... they pushed genji:lol how could they not believe in this game if they pushed genji? At least push it to sell the power of the ps3, this game truly shows it off.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
msdstc said:
I know I just don't understand why they aren't pushing this game... they pushed genji:lol how could they not believe in this game if they pushed genji? At least push it to sell the power of the ps3, this game truly shows it off.

This was Kuturagi's game.

arias

Banned
msdstc said:

It has two weeks. If the PR cycle for Lair doesn't start this coming Monday or at latest by this coming Friday, then we can be pretty damn sure they're not pushing it at all. Hopefully they know what they're doing.

Mifune

Mehmber
I can't believe the EGM scores haven't leaked yet. Hell, not even any final impressions from the editors have come out. I don't think this bodes very well, but I really really hope I'm wrong.

Pimpwerx

I hope the game ends up good. I stayed away from the RS games despite the visual feast. I want to get this once I get off my ass and get a PS3. I'm really running out of excused. ;)

BTW, that box art really reminds me of the Reign of Fire posters. Not bad. PEACE.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Glad to hear that Factor 5 finally advanced into the 21st Century and decided to not use midi for their music.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Tideas said:
Only Nintendo does that :)

Smash Bros. Melee? Heloooo?

No, Factor 5's use of midi in the GCN RS games was completely retarded. I mean you have these awesome John Williams orchestrated scores...and they redo them in ****ing midi.

Thankfully, it SOUNDS as if the LAIR soundtrack isn't midi, which is nice to see from Factor 5 since I was afraid they'd always be stuck in 1985.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Wollan said:
Lair uses 7.1 THX actually.

THX isn't a recording format. It's a just a quality assurance system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX

The THX system is not a recording technology, and it does not specify a sound recording format; all sound formats, whether digital (Dolby Digital, SDDS) or analog (Dolby SR, Ultra-Stereo), can be "shown in THX." THX is mainly a quality assurance system. THX-certified theaters provide a high-quality, predictable playback environment to ensure that any film soundtrack mixed in THX will sound as near as possible to the intentions of the mixing engineer. THX also provides certified theaters with a special crossover circuit whose use is part of the standard. Certification of an auditorium entails specific acoustic and other technical requirements; architectural requirements include a floating floor, baffled and acoustically treated walls, no parallel walls (to reduce standing waves), a perforated screen (to allow center channel continuity), and NC30 rating for background noise.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Tideas said:
I hope this game is fun and not reptitive.

Graphics there. Hopefully gameplay and story will match

As long as you don't have a problem with Rogue Leader: GIANT ****ING DRAGONS EDITION, you'll be fine.

ManaByte

Gold Member
RiskyChris said:
Why isn't the boxart a giant ****ing dragon? What a stupid design decision.

Because they want to play up the touching human love story between a man and his GIANT ****ING DRAGON.

Mifune

Mehmber
ManaByte said:
Smash Bros. Melee? Heloooo?

No, Factor 5's use of midi in the GCN RS games was completely retarded. I mean you have these awesome John Williams orchestrated scores...and they redo them in ****ing midi.

Thankfully, it SOUNDS as if the LAIR soundtrack isn't midi, which is nice to see from Factor 5 since I was afraid they'd always be stuck in 1985.

Actually, that's not true. Rogue Leader DID use the original John Williams tracks for about half the game, maybe more.

Captain N

anyone have any Avatars or GIFs of this game that I could add to the OP?

Now watching more and more videos this game has me really pumped for the 15th.

Top Bottom