• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw64life

Personally I stopped visiting Gamespot regularly after the SMS review. The bitching in this thread is out of control, but considering Gertsmann's past review history, his embarassingly awful showing in the On the Spot Wii special and his terrible writing and spoiler dropping in the TP review, it's kind of hard not to give the guy shit for the score he gave it.

IcedTea

mCACGj said:
Damn it! I wanted to enjoy this game and play it too! I was really hoping I would have fun with it...damn you Jeff! Why do you make all the good games no fun anymore? An 8.8? I can't play that and have fun with it!
3/10

The most truthful post in this thread was the guy that said "Gamespot has just made a large mistake". The reason is the following: Wii is catching on, I don't care what his review for Zelda is...everyone, even in the U.S. wants it. When the people think something is good, and have a lot of fun with it, and Zelda is attached to that...they are going to discredit that site, and they are going to ignore it. And that hurts GS's brand equity. And that...was the mistake. Because it could hurt it quite a bit. I think perhaps Jeff may be stuck in the past in some respects.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hey so are we supposed to actually play Twilight Princess after this horrible, horrible, horrible score? I mean surely we need at least one more perfect score review before we can feel really secure about ourselves. And a LOL fat joke just in case :D

Defcon

Banned
Yes, some of the Nintendo fans in this thread are overreacting and the insults about his weight are truly uncalled for. However, you Sony/MS fans trolling and trying to rub it in aren't looking any better.

Maybe this thread should be locked. :(

Nameless

Smiles and Cries said:
I got to give it to gamespot they really got the attention they wanted

and no bannings in this thread WOW :D

This is one of those rare threads, the mods understand the history and won't interfere too much.

8.8=The new C-

Snaku

Banned
I wonder what's taking Matt's review so long. Probably making some last minute revisions in light of recent events...

"10/10 SUCK ON IT FATASS!"

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Link648099 said:
The most truthful post in this thread was the guy that said "Gamespot has just made a large mistake". The reason is the following: Wii is catching on, I don't care what his review for Zelda is...everyone, even in the U.S. wants it. When the people think something is good, and have a lot of fun with it, and Zelda is attached to that...they are going to discredit that site, and they are going to ignore it. And that hurts GS's brand equity. And that...was the mistake. Because it could hurt it quite a bit. I think perhaps Jeff may be stuck in the past in some respects.

...coming from someone with a zelda username and avatar

Sweet mother of Jane Austen. I started reading this thread when it was brand new... the page loaded and it was at 2 pages.... I keep reading and every single time I click for the next page, a new one has appeared!

This has to be one of the most entertaining threads I have ever seen. A winner is you, GAF; a winner is you.

Link648099 said:

That's kind of the same reasoning as GI had when they gave Paper Mario 2 a 6.5 or whatever.

Link648099 said:

If Nintendo & Zelda fans were bad about it, wait until the "non-gamers and casuals" get in on the fun. Next gen is going to be great in another 2 years :D

fresquito

Defcon said:
Yes, some of the Nintendo fans in this thread are overreacting and the insults about his weight are truly uncalled for. However, you Sony/MS fans trolling and trying to rub it in aren't looking any better.

Maybe this thread should be locked. :(
What are you on? Lock this thread? What do you think GAF exists for? :lol

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
gamespot`s forums are on fire

The fat bastard was just mad he had to actually move his arm to play the game. Probably took time from his arm being rested in the cheetos bag. What a HORRIBLE review. **** GS. I'm done with them.. Jeff just ****ed up.

Krowley

My biggest problem with the review is the tone and the spoilers... He just comes off like he went in with a mission to give the game the lowest score he could. The casual way he tosses out spoilers shows a contempt for fans of the series. I haven't played the game but if i had to guess, i would say this score will always be considered way too low. I have great doubts that a main entry in the zelda series would ever deserve a score below 9.

Nameless

I couldn't review games professionally, because I would give every super anticipated game a shitty score just to **** with the internet gaming community.

Defcon

Banned
Krowley said:
My biggest problem with the review is the tone and the spoilers... He just comes off like he went in with a mission to give the game the lowest score he could. The casual way he tosses out spoilers shows a contempt for fans of the series. I haven't played the game but if i had to guess, i would say this score will always be considered way too low. I have great doubts that a main entry in the zelda series would ever deserve a score below 9.

I agree. Could care less about the score, but he knows better than that to put such blatant spoilers in his review.

Grecco

jeff-gerstmann-050624-01.gif

Why doesnt this thread have photoshops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom