• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Dec 21 - 27, 2009

cvxfreak

Well, at least the PS3 can claim the highest actual weekly number of holiday 2009. :D (this is still a great achievement)

jeremy1456

test_account said:
For what it is worth, i wonder if the PS3 will end up being the best selling 2nd place console in Japan. Isnt the best selling 2nd place console in Japan the PC-Engine or Sega Mega Drive at around 5.5 million units sold or so?

I think (I could definitely be wrong on this one) that the Saturn reached sales of over 6 million in Japan.

Majmun

Nirolak said:
They seem to have given up on Japan about the same time they switched management and stated their new goal going forward was profitability.

At that point they had mostly convinced all the major Japanese publishers to make games on their system, and since there is no way in hell they were ever going to get out of last place in the region, they seem to have just given up entirely.

They even had other companies publish their last two Japanese retail exclusives.

I just hope it won't affect games. I'm still waiting for Lost Odyssey 2. :(
Mistwalker hasn't announced anything for the X360 for two years or so...

test_account

XP-39C²
jeremy1456 said:
I think (I could definitely be wrong on this one) that the Saturn reached sales of over 6 million in Japan.
Ah, i totally forgot about the Saturn :\ I dont know much that it sold though, but i wouldnt be that much surprised if it sold something around 6 million units in Japan.

Busaiku

The_lascar said:
Nintendo DS
2008 : 3 946 785
2009 : 3 978 953
Yeah, I was just basing it off of the next week (which includes a few days of January).
Last year it ended with 4,177,267.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
LiquidMetal14 said:
NSMB is all it needs for momentum. Of course that doesn't change the lack of consistent game releases though.

Nintendo and 3rd parties clearly stacked the deck for December betting their software would benefit. Can't really argue with that, though it makes Q1 look even worse. Imagine if RE: DC had actually came out in November as well.

Dalthien

Nirolak said:
I mean, seriously, turning back to stuff like 15k-18k a week with around 10 games at least that people will want to buy is just terrible.
Really? At least 10 strong-selling games in Q1?

Admittedly, I've been too busy to keep up on all the stuff scheduled to come out for the PS3 in Q1, but I'm having a hard time trying to remember 10 or more big games coming in Q1.

Honest request here - would you mind listing the 10+ big PS3 releases for Q1? (Keep in mind that Wii titles like Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, Mario Kart Wii could all possibly sell 100k+ each in Q1, not to mention whatever NSMB will put up. So I would expect important PS3 releases to be able to sell 100k minimum for the quarter, and even then, many titles that sell in the 100k LTD range do next to nothing for hardware.)

If there really are that many important titles coming out, then yeah, it would be hard to imagine the PS3 dropping back below 20k. But if the releases are more in line with what I seem to recall, then I wouldn't be all that surprised to see it drop back to 18k or 19k for a week here or there. But the PS3 did hold up quite nicely following the Slim launch, so if it really has significantly turned the corner, then it could very well hold above the 20k threshold.

Anyway, just to toot my own horn for a moment. This was from last week's thread, before any of the data was known (I have a friend who stays in Japan a couple times a year, and he commented that he couldn't believe how much Nintendo stuff was flying off the shelves - so I guess it wasn't really a gut feeling after all :D ):
Dalthien said:
Just a gut feeling, but I think Nintendo is going to have a MONSTER week. Both hardware and software.

Wii hardware doubled the PS3.
DS hardware doubled the PSP.
Wii with 4 of Top 10 and 17 of Top 50 software.
DS with 5 of Top 10 and 20 of Top 50 software.

Yeah, I'd say Nintendo had a MONSTER week with both hardware and software.

Dalthien said:

Admittedly, I've been too busy to keep up on all the stuff scheduled to come out for the PS3 in Q1, but I'm having a hard time trying to remember 10 or more big games coming in Q1.

Honest request here - would you mind listing the 10+ big PS3 releases for Q1?

I didn't make the claim, but off the top of my head here's six big titles coming in Q1.

Heavy Rain
Hokuto Musou
Ryu ga Gotoku 4
Star Ocean 4 International
Ar Tonelico 3
End of Eternity

That's not including stuff like Last Rebellion, RE5: Alternate Edition, No More Heroes, Arkham Asylum, etc.

Opiate

Yeah, looks like I may end up being wrong. Oh well, that's what I get for sticking my neck out and entering GAF's predicta-thon.

If it does indeed prove incorrect, I'll just gloss over this, and continue to make Playstation-friendly predictions until I am correct. At which point I will have proven that the Wii really was a fad after all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Dalthien said:
I didn't say strong selling exactly. I said 10 games people would want to buy.

Like for example, even if Ar Tonelico 3 sells not that great, it has a pretty dedicated fanbase that I could see giving the system a 2k-5k bump during its launch week, which for the Q1 weeks, isn't a bad bump by any means.

But as to listing them:

100k+:
-Gran Turismo 5 (Assuming it isn't delayed again)
-Yakuza 4
-Hokuto Musou
-End of Eternity
-Star Ocean 4

Perhaps Sub 100k, But Can Still Sell To Niche Audience Bumps:
-Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition
-Ar Tonelico 3

And if the Sega leak is still true, the motion controller is targeted for March in Japan.

So perhaps I exaggerated a bit there, but still, this line-up seems strong enough to hold an average baseline of at least 20k to me. I could be wrong though.

Opiate said:
Yeah, looks like I may end up being wrong. Oh well, that's what I get for sticking my neck out and entering GAF's predicta-thon.

If it does indeed prove incorrect, I'll just gloss over this, and continue to make Playstation-friendly predictions until I am correct. At which point I will have proven that the Wii really was a fad after all.
Fear not, your prediction was at least plausible, unlike Pachter's frequent notions that Blu-Ray will lead the PS3 to victory.

swerve

Nirolak said:
So perhaps I exaggerated a bit there, but still, this line-up seems strong enough to hold an average baseline of at least 20k to me. I could be wrong though.

No, I don't think you'll end up wrong at all. PS3 has enough of an interesting back catalog and a decent price now, too, to help move a good number of systems even in a week with no new releases. I think we're a long way from when it would sell badly, especially considering the relatively low installed base means there is a lot of room to grow.

schuelma

Nirolak said:

You could definitely end up being right, but I don't think we can tell anything for sure at this point. Look at last years Wii numbers if you want to see how quickly things can change once the holidays are over.

jeremy1456

swerve said:
No, I don't think you'll end up wrong at all. PS3 has enough of an interesting back catalog and a decent price now, too, to help move a good number of systems even in a week with no new releases. I think we're a long way from when it would sell badly, especially considering the relatively low installed base means there is a lot of room to grow.

We can see how well the back catalogue is selling by taking a look at the just released top 50.

Frillen said:
So is the PSPgo going into three digits in mid January?

I think it'll go into the double digits by the summer (I believe Sony is going to pull the plug on it soon).

Went the way of the Virtual Boy. Both a disaster, but for different reasons.

Michan

What's with all of these positive, supportive comments to fellow posters? 2010 GAF friendlier than pre-2010 GAF confirmed.

SlipperySlope said:
I think it'll go into the double digits by the summer (I believe Sony is going to pull the plug on it soon).

Went the way of the Virtual Boy. Both a disaster, but for different reasons.

How do you "pull the plug" on the go at this point? I'd assume at this rate, their initial shipment is going to last for a few
hundred
years.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
You could definitely end up being right, but I don't think we can tell anything for sure at this point. Look at last years Wii numbers if you want to see how quickly things can change once the holidays are over.
Well, here's the thing that really gets me about this.

Let's pretend that the PS3 does go sub 20k, with weekly baselines around 15-19k, despite having around 7-ish mid to upper tier titles spread across all three months of Q1.

What does this say about the PS3? If 7-ish mid to upper tier titles including games such as Gran Turismo 5, Hokuto Musou, and Yakuza 4 can't keep the system at a baseline of 20k or higher, what really can? Is there just no one really left in the traditional home console audience to sell to? Has the PS3 become intricately linked the seasons, to the point where having an impressive line-up of titles is far less important than whether it is Spring or Fall?

I'm not saying it is impossible for the PS3 to have less than a 20k baseline, but I feel it raises some very large questions if it does.

schuelma

Nirolak said:
Well, here's the thing that really gets me about this.

Let's pretend that the PS3 does go sub 20k, with weekly baselines around 15-19k, despite having around 8-ish mid to upper tier titles spread across all three months of Q1.

What does this say about the PS3? If 8-ish mid to upper tier titles including games such as Gran Turismo 5, Hokuto Musou, and Yakuza 4 can't keep the system at a baseline of 20k or higher, what really can? Is there just no one really left in the traditional home console audience to sell to? Has the PS3 become intricately linked the seasons, to the point where having an impressive line-up of titles is far less important than whether it is Spring or Fall?

I'm not saying it is impossible for the PS3 to have less than a 20k baseline, but I feel it raises some very large questions if it does.

If that happens, I don't get what would be so unbelievably shocking about that.

For almost 3 years the PS3's baseline was 10K.

For two years the Wii's general baseline was around 40-50K and dropped to 15K last Spring.

The PS3 has a solid Q1 lineup, but I don't see one title on that list that would have any sustained positive effect on PS3 hardware besides maybe GT5. I'll go one step further and say that NSMB Wii will sell more copies in Q1 than any game on that list and do it quite comfortably. EDIT- Probably not GT5.

A Twisty Fluken said:
How do you "pull the plug" on the go at this point? I'd assume at this rate, their initial shipment is going to last for a few
hundred
years.

Dig a hole? Eh, it's happened before :)

schuelma

I would add this discussion is largely academic because in just over a week we should get a pretty good indication of where hardware for PS3 and Wii are heading.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
If that happens, I don't get what would be so unbelievably shocking about that.

For almost 3 years the PS3's baseline was 10K.

For two years the Wii's general baseline was around 40-50K and dropped to 15K last Spring.

The PS3 has a solid Q1 lineup, but I don't see one title on that list that would have any sustained positive effect on PS3 hardware besides maybe GT5. I'll go one step further and say that NSMB Wii will sell more copies in Q1 than any game on that list and do it quite comfortably.
Well, I don't think it would shocking, but I think it would be a sign of home consoles tending to fall apart even more than I thought they had this generation.

If putting them to this price level with a line-up like this can't help them much, I can't really see what they could do to come close to the baseline of say, what the PSP tends to average during non-Monster Hunter Springs.

schuelma

Nirolak said:
Well, I don't think it would shocking, but I think it would be a sign of home consoles tending to fall apart even more than I thought they had this generation.

If putting them to this price level with a line-up like this can't help them much, I can't really see what they could do to come close to the baseline of say, the PSP during Spring.

Would it make you feel better about home consoles if the Wii settles in to 30K a week?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
Would it make you feel better about home consoles if the Wii settles in to 30K a week?
Yeah, that would probably make me more optimistic about them.

Though it'd be kind of sad also that Nintendo could release one game in December then never have to try for the entire quarter. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
SuperSonic1305 said:
Seems like Japan by itself would cut 360's worldwide lead completely in a few years.
Well, you have to remember though that the 360 is still growing the gap between itself and the PS3 in the U.S. market.

Not as dramatically as the PS3 gained on the 360 in Japan this year, but this was still one of the PS3's strongest years in both markets, especially since they were able to do a system redesign and a $100 price cut while Microsoft sadly phoned in the entire year.

Road

Finally some numbers. Thanks.

One week left for our hardware prediction and:

Wii - 649,497
PS3 - 480,473

Kurosaki Ichigo, if possible, could you say how many people are already off the Wii total? (I know I am Haha.) And with at least 150k coming this week, totalizing 800,000, I wonder if anyone bet that high.

And a happy new sales-age year, hopefully with a lot of
leaks
numbers for us.

Onesimos

Nirolak said:
Though it'd be kind of sad also that Nintendo could release one game in December then never have to try for the entire quarter. :p

I predict that New Super Mario Bros. Wii will sell more copies in the 1Q 2010 than the total sales of the Wii games released in that quarter.

Dalthien

Nirolak said:
But as to listing them:

100k+:
-Gran Turismo 5 (Assuming it isn't delayed again)
-Yakuza 4
-Hokuto Musou
-End of Eternity
-Star Ocean 4

Perhaps Sub 100k, But Can Still Sell To Niche Audience Bumps:
-Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition
-Ar Tonelico 3

Thanks.

Yeah, those are pretty much the games I was thinking of. When you said 'at least' 10 games for Q1, I thought that you meant there were 12-14 big games coming in Q1. So needless to say, the statement caught me a bit off guard.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see the PS3 hold above 20k for all of Q1. It depends how long the price cut takes to work through the system. Will 25k - 30k be the new norm this year? Or will the boost from the price cut wear off sometime over the next few months? I really can't say.

But I also wouldn't be all that surprised to see the PS3 fall back below 20k for some weeks. Keep in mind that 20k is not a bad number. It's not a particularly good number, but it isn't a bad number either. Both the PSP and Wii had stretches of several weeks below 20k this year, and yet both systems will still top 2 million units for the year. Certainly not numbers to celebrate for either system, but not horrible numbers either.

Now if the PS3 falls back below 15k per week, then it is safe to say that the PS3 used up most of the goodwill that it gained from the Slim, but falling below 20k for a couple weeks during a slow time of year wouldn't be all that horrible.

Nirolak said:
And if the Sega leak is still true, the motion controller is targeted for March in Japan.
I'm curious to see what kind of effect the Sony wands have on the sales charts.

Effect nsmb has had on wii sales in 2009 vs 2008. Nsmb was released on 12/3/09.

wii in 2008

12/1 - 12/28 = 414,355

wii in 2009

11/30 - 12/27 = 649,497

56.75% increase in the same 4 weeks.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
The PS3 basically got a relaunch with the Slim in 2009.

I think it's amazing Nintendo managed to win 2009 with nothing outside of colors and bundles(and software), this year they should be able to do a small refresh to the system. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Kittonwy

Banned
Second said:
Has MS abandoned Japan? Are there still X360 commercials being aired over there? Just wondering...

I doubt anything short of buying out Square-Enix can really strong-arm the territory to embrace the xbox brand at this point, and I doubt that's going to happen now.

mutsu

Azelover said:
The PS3 basically got a relaunch with the Slim in 2009.

I think it's amazing Nintendo managed to win 2009 with nothing outside of colors and bundles(and software), this year they should be able to do a small refresh to the system. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

What the Wii system really needs are games. A refresh will do it no good if there's virtually nothing to push the system out to more people, other than what they already offer.

What really amazes me, is that the Wii's weekly HW sales have actually gone UP every week since NSMBW's launch:

Nov 30 - Dec 6: 106.555
Dec 6 - Dec 13: 135.898
Dec 14 - Dec 20: 191.915
Dec 21 - Dec 27: 215,129

JESUS, just how high can it go?! :O

C.T.

Second said:
Has MS abandoned Japan? Are there still X360 commercials being aired over there? Just wondering...

I don't watch it regularily (japanese tv that is) but around bayonettas release I saw a lot of commercials for the 360.

Kittonwy

Banned
Second said:
I just hope it won't affect games. I'm still waiting for Lost Odyssey 2. :(
Mistwalker hasn't announced anything for the X360 for two years or so...

What is Mistwalker going to do without MS support? Does MS still want to keep throwing money at Mistwalker just to fight the good fight in Japan? They don't really need Mistwalker for NA or Europe, they've got a bunch of WRPGs, both exclusive and multiplatform.

markatisu

Kittonwy said:
What is Mistwalker going to do without MS support? Does MS still want to keep throwing money at Mistwalker just to fight the good fight in Japan? They don't really need Mistwalker for NA or Europe, they've got a bunch of WRPGs, both exclusive and multiplatform.

Well its not like the games sell like shit in the US or EU, Lost Odyssey did very well

Hero of Legend said:
What really amazes me, is that the Wii's weekly HW sales have actually gone UP every week since NSMBW's launch:

Nov 30 - Dec 6: 106.555
Dec 6 - Dec 13: 135.898
Dec 14 - Dec 20: 191.915
Dec 21 - Dec 27: 215,129

JESUS, just how high can it go?! :O
If current trends continue...

Jonnyram

Second said:
There was a new commercial last month, actually. I'm pretty sure they're not going to "abandon" Japan, as they did that with the first Xbox and it really screwed up their image for the 360 launch, so they're probably keen to avoid that for the future. I'd assume they are going to come up with a fresh push alongside Natal launch. They're pretty screwed on the software exclusives front, though, especially now PS3 has actually started to sell proper numbers.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
01. / 02. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 506.453 / 2.440.280 (-11%)
02. / 00. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo) - 291.496 / NEW
03. / 03. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 226.920 / 2.316.867 (+37%)
04. / 01. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) - 188.511 / 1.690.475 (-87%)
05. / 04. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 124.704 / 3.464.577 (+12%)
06. / 05. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 113.909 / 1.315.167 (+23%)
07. / 06. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5) - 99.175 / 908.000 (+40%)
08. / 11. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 72.355 / 1.568.000
09. / 12. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2 (Namco Bandai) - 63.845 / 200.000
10. / 08. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny (Level 5) - 63.549 / 559.000 (+17%)

11. / 07. [WII] PokePark Wii: Picachu's Great Adventure (Pokemon Co.)
12. / 09. [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Sega)
13. / 14. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo)
14. / 16. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
15. / 13. [NDS] Pen 1 Grand Prix: A Penguin's Trouble Special (Konami)
16. / 18. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
17. / 24. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
18. / 27. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki (Hudson)
19. / 20. [WII] Samurai Warriors 3 (Koei)
20. / 15. [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus (Namco Bandai)
21. / 17. [PSP] Naruto: Shippuden Narutimate Accelerator 3 (Namco Bandai)
22. / 22. [NDS] Powerful Pro-Kun Pocket 12 (Konami)
23. / 25. [NDS] Tamagotchi no Narikiri Channel (Namco Bandai)
24. / 19. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)
25. / 28. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo)
26. / 35. [NDS] Doraemon Baseball 2: Nettou Ultra Stadium (Namco Bandai)
27. / 00. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP the Best Reprint) (Capcom)
28. / 32. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix)
29. / 00. [PS2] Little Busters! Converted Edition (Prototype)
30. / 30. [NDS] Metal Fight Beyblade: Bakutan Cyber Pegasus (Hudson)
31. / 10. [PSP] Queen's Blade: Spiral Chaos (Namco Bandai)
32. / 36. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
33. / 33. [NDS] Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou: MM Town de Miracle Change (Konami)
34. / 00. [PSP] Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
35. / 39. [WII] Karaoke Joysound Wii DX (Hudson)
36. / 34. [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes W (Namco Bandai)
37. / 00. [PSP] Lucky Star: Net Idol Meister (Kadokawa Shoten)
38. / 31. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
39. / 21. [WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai)
40. / 29. [PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
41. / 23. [NDS] Stitch! DS Rhythm and Ohana Adventure (Disney Interactive)
42. / 38. [NDS] Cooking Mama 3 (Taito Corporation)
43. / 45. [NDS] Fresh PreCure! Asobi Collection (Namco Bandai)
44. / 47. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
45. / 43. [WII] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
46. / 37. [NDS] Monster Busters (Namco Bandai)
47. / 46. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo)
48. / 00. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
49. / 00. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: The 7 Island Adventure (Namco Bandai)
50. / 00. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) - 3.267.504 / 66.132.466 (-17%)

NDS - 20
WII - 17
PSP - 8
PS3 - 3
PS2 - 2
360 - 0

HARDWARE

Code:
|  NDS  |    213.109  |    183.347  |  3.978.953  |  29.098.588  |
|  PS3  |    110.519  |    237.086  |  1.764.531  |   4.386.999  |
|  PSP  |    109.993  |     82.454  |  2.248.171  |  13.606.274  |
|  360  |      6.489  |      8.965  |    373.357  |   1.202.794  |
|  PS2  |      3.747  |      2.982  |    206.625  |  21.606.154  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  DSi  |    113.984  |     95.227  |  3.015.126  |   4.246.485  |
| DSiLL |     81.430  |     75.241  |    436.264  |     436.264  |
|  DSL  |     17.695  |     11.879  |    527.563  |  17.830.368  |
|  PSP  |    105.801  |     79.194  |  2.176.319  |  13.534.422  |
| PSPgo |      4.192  |      3.260  |     71.852  |      71.852  |

Spirits Tracks sellthrough: 47,11%

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
schuelma said:
I'll go one step further and say that NSMB Wii will sell more copies in Q1 than any game on that list and do it quite comfortably. EDIT- Probably not GT5.
If Q1 includes and the previous week (28/12/09-03/01/10 - week 1 by Famitsu) I'll go one step further and say that NSMB Wii will sell more copies in Q1 than GT5 LTD.

Brofist

schuelma said:
The PS3 has a solid Q1 lineup, but I don't see one title on that list that would have any sustained positive effect on PS3 hardware besides maybe GT5. I'll go one step further and say that NSMB Wii will sell more copies in Q1 than any game on that list and do it quite comfortably. EDIT- Probably not GT5.

I don't think any one of the Q1 titles is necessarily a big system seller on it's own, but having a steady stream of titles can't be anything but positive. Not trying to make a comparison but the PS2 didn't have huge system pushing titles every week, it was the steady flow of titles that sold the system.

On a separate note I went to a couple stores today, was looking to pick up a blue Wiimote. Wii sections looked like they were picked clean by vultures. No systems, controllers of any color. Most games were gone too, except for MH3, and ToG. Plenty of those for sale :D

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Chris1964 said:
Spirits Tracks sellthrough: 47,11%
Hmm, since this is already price bombing, it might not get a second shipment.

That would be quite an LTD drop from Phantom Hourglass.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Weekly report from congmnet shows that there was big supply problem for NSMBW last week (like anecdotal reports were suggesting). Maybe there is a big drop this week but assuming there was indeed that big of a shortage next week should be very big too and it won't be the usual week 1>>week 2 of every year.

Nirolak said:
Hmm, since this is already price bombing, it might not get a second shipment.

That would be quite an LTD drop from Phantom Hourglass.
Don't underestimate Zelda legs and the upcoming huge week 1.

Brofist

Chris1964 said:
Weekly report from congmnet shows that there was big supply problem for NSMBW last week (like anecdotal reports were suggesting). Maybe there is a big drop this week but assuming there was indeed that big of a shortage next week should be very big too and it won't be the usual week 1>>week 2 of every year.

Don't underestimate Zelda legs and the upcoming huge week 1.

Zelda will probably do ok, but it definitely was in huge supply even on sale.

Mojojo

Michan said:
Week four of Mario domination.

1262317990-mario_311209.png

Week 3: Week 2: Week 1:

Is there something equivalent for the Zelda franchise? would love to see that.
I wish Nintendo would do the NSMBWii treatment to Zelda (2D overworld + dungeons, with some Four swords gameplay in the mix), alongside the motion+ 3D Zelda.

Top Bottom