• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"P.T" Interactive teaser up on PSN Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNC

ibrkPhVy7R2I7k.gif

Holy fuck, is this what this teaser looked like? That's fucking horrifying!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Oh man, just doing random shit to be honest lol. Have mic hooked up.
I went and looked at the radio and just stood there quietly. Then after awhile I heard some shit, baby crying so I said fuck it. Took 10 steps first towards the phone and then said fuck it and took one more to get closer to phone and just stood there w/out moving. Just listening and occasionally looking around just a tiny bit. Then heard my first baby laugh, then I just froze and waited, heard second and third laugh shortly after with controller vibrating. Still frozen still in front of phone and then finally it rings, I zoom in, phone speaks to me and I'm chosen; fuck this place, I'm out. Glorious reveal.

Holy fuck, is this what this teaser looked like? That's fucking horrifying!
It is so much worst better playing it in person. Videos don't do this shit justice. Play at night with headphones.

Piers

Getting killed by the ghost feels like getting banned from a forum. Doubly so since moderators will always be watching you.

cchum

ok just did it again on stream

1st cry at radio.
Went and stood at phone for awhile.
went and got possessed.
Looked at torn photo, then "hell" phrase, then "lisa" phrase at the end. Zoomed so subtitles popped.
Went back to phone possessed. Set controller down on bed while looking at phone. Waited until controller was done vibrating. Picked it up and then zoomed on phone when it rang.

Starting to believe that it measures the gyros and that's why it pops at certain times. Those that get it frequently without "triggering" much may just have steady hands.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Make Sure the mic is on and working. Also even though I was not speaking into it I was typing a lot while playing . Many time I would sit the controller down and type to those watching. So maybe noise is needed.

Also explain your positioning and what you are doing exactly.

I am making it my mission to get this for you.

Mic is on and working. Eh, right now I'm mainly staying at the phone. Making some noise into the mic every now and then.

Haha, thanks. You can watch me fail if you want to! http://www.twitch.tv/roadhazardswe

Me and my brother didn't manage to initiate a baby giggle until - out of sheer frustration - we started playing Didju Rike It?: Insane Edition into the mic.

I'm guessing that there's something about the high/low pitch of the recording that triggers something in the game, as we were able to complete the Teaser multiple times using this method, even on separate PS4's.

This is the video he recorded earlier. I've trimmed down the length of the haunting for him to save time, and added Didju Rike It in postproduction so you can hear when to start playing it.

Perhaps it'll work for you too?

Silent Hills P.T. Completion: Did you rike it?

Disclaimer: I know this sounds like a troll, so If there's any doubt, I also have a messier version of the first live playthrough on my PC where you can hear Didju Rike it? being played through my phone.

Dmonzy

For me personally, what I did was wait at the phone until the clocked chimed and the ghost came the first time, then after it left I did the 10 step thing from the phone to the radio to get the first giggle. Then I waited for another ghost appearance to come and go, zoomed in on the radio and hell phrase, then walked up to the phone and zoomed. Then once I heard the third ghost appearance starting, I started talking into my mic non stop just saying random stuff like "hello" and "help" and zooming in on the phone. It didn't giggle right away, but near the end of the ghost music I heard the giggle. Then from there simply just don't move until the third one, and then the phone rings.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: The foyer light was off, and I never actually saw the ghost. I think the ghost was in the bathroom though the third time when I was talking into my mic. Not sure if any of this matters.

Mic is on and working. Eh, right now I'm mainly staying at the phone. Making some noise into the mic every now and then.

Haha, thanks. You can watch me fail if you want to! http://www.twitch.tv/roadhazardswe

I got to drive now, soon I'll be able to hop on. Hopefully you get it by then, if not I will be there and we will get it. Make notes of what you are doing now, even stuff that doesn't work is helpful in knowing what works.

Oh BTW in one of the loops chase after Lisa when she is in a hallway. If she turns around and leaves maybe you have been doing this too long. It would be best to exit the game and reload the save.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
At one point, I even stood in front of the aborted fetus in sink and started singing "Rockabye baby" to it over the mic lmfao. I figured knowing Kojima's crazy ass, it'll probably have some effect on the teaser progress.

Finally got to play it. Also stopped playing it 10 minutes in. That was the scariest "game" I ever played. The only other horror game that had me on edge like that was the original Silent Hill back in 99.

I'm saving the rest of this for Halloween and when I have a head set.

FINALLY got it. Did the 10 steps from radio to phone. Went back to radio and waited for a haunting, went to phone and waited out a haunting, went into bathroom and waited out a haunting, went to radio and waited out a haunting. Walked over to woman's photo, zoomed in and went to the door you entered from and got a giggle. Stopped in my tracks and just stood there for 30 secs to get the vibration and phone call.

At one point, I even stood in front of the aborted fetus in sink and started singing "Rockabye baby" to it over the mic lmfao. I figured knowing Kojima's crazy ass, it'll probably have some effect on the teaser progress.

Last night someone commenting in my stream said to stand in front of Lisa and talk to her. So I did... This game makes you insane.

cchum

FINALLY got it. Did the 10 steps from radio to phone. Went back to radio and waited for a haunting, went to phone and waited out a haunting, went into bathroom and waited out a haunting, went to radio and waited out a haunting. Walked over to woman's photo, zoomed in and went to the door you entered from and got a giggle. Stopped in my tracks and just stood there for 30 secs to get the vibration and phone call.

Did you zoom in on the hell phrase? do you have steady hands?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Just watched some of Patrick's stream and noticed the Radio broadcasting a swedish radio show :lol. So Kojima loves Hollywood and Sweden now? Joakim Mogren wasn't just a one off?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Last night someone commenting in my stream said to stand in front of Lisa and talk to her. So I did... This game makes you insane.
Haha seriously. The freaky thing was that the baby was crying and then I started singing to him in the mic and he went dead quiet. I gasped and walked the fuck away.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I got to drive now, soon I'll be able to hop on. Hopefully you get it by then, if not I will be there and we will get it. Make notes of what you are doing now, even stuff that doesn't work is helpful in knowing what works.

Oh BTW in one of the loops chase after Lisa when she is in a hallway. If she turns around and leaves maybe you have been doing this too long. It would be best to exit the game and reload the save.

Cool. Cchum is trying to help me right now. No luck so far though!

vpance

Super easy with the mic, just plugged it in and got it on the first try. I waited for the bells to stop, did the 10 step giggle, then walked to the phone and didn't move. Then I started speaking random crap into the mic for a minute or so and got the 2nd giggle. Another haunting came, still not moving, spoke into the mic again, 3rd giggle comes and then the controller vibration.

cchum

Super easy with the mic, just plugged it in and got it on the first try. I waited for the bells to stop, did the 10 step giggle, then walked to the phone and didn't move. Then I started speaking random crap into the mic for a minute or so and got the 2nd giggle. Another haunting came, still not moving, spoke into the mic again, 3rd giggle comes and then the controller vibration.

I did nothing like this lol. May have said one word. Maybe different triggers. I think the gyro triggered it last time, but I was showing a family member the demo and talking up until the final room.

Maybe that was the trigger......but i didn't talk that much the other times.

Two Words

I think what works so well with P.T., and is hopefully in Silent Hills, is how you are solving puzzles while the scary stuff is happening. It forces you to concentrate, and you are more easily scared when focusing hard.

Got it again for the second time today.

First I tried the ten step thing, but it didn't work.
Went to the bathroom, suddenly got the first giggle.
Walked around for a bit, still not triggering the second giggle. Left the party chat I was in to try talking into the mic.
Walked a bit, while saying stuff when the creepy music started and ended up near the radio.
Started to head toward the bathroom again, suddenly got the second giggle.
Stood still, got the vibration, kept completely still until it was gone and then the phone rang.

I'm going to replay it and redo all these steps to see if it works again.

reminder

What makes me a little sad is, that the final game won't be anything like P.T.
I want a game like this, in 1st person view without any monsters and weapons, just find a way out of the horror solving puzzles.

Jabba

Banned
I think what works so well with P.T., and is hopefully in Silent Hills, is how you are solving puzzles while the scary stuff is happening. It forces you to concentrate, and you are more easily scared when focusing hard.

I'm opposite. Concentrating was how I stomached playing for hours for two days on and off with no success in my playthrough. I get way more startled/scared when relaxed.

for all of you who have finished this:

Do you want to keep playing even though you've unlocked the ending, and if so, why and what would you like to see taken from this teaser and implemented into Silent Hills?

Panthers

I DID IT!!!

Ok so I will add my experience.

None of the walking stuff mattered. I had the game paused for a while when the baby laughed the first time. Also, I saw the ghost in the mirror, walked around a bit, sat still for a while, and I even ran into the ghost again.

Suddenly while walking towards the front door the baby giggled again. I freaked out because it was the first time that happened so I ran to the phone and chilled. Then the baby giggled the third time and the phone rang.

The only thing I can confirm that changed it was having a headset in and making sure I was connected to PSN. Even with a headset, it didnt work because I was having internet troubles. When I got my internet working, it worked.

vpance

I did nothing like this lol. May have said one word. Maybe different triggers. I think the gyro triggered it last time, but I was showing a family member the demo and talking up until the final room.

Maybe that was the trigger......but i didn't talk that much the other times.

For that 3rd giggle, I made sure to say something a little louder when the haunting started and the creepy noises come. So I pretended to be scared and said Omg and Oh No a few times and boom there it was :)

I just finished my livestream and completed it a third time. This time was greatly different as voice has nothing to do with the final giggle. I did the ten steps to the radio (First giggle), then looked at the writing about a call from Hell on the wall and stood still for a round of bells and music, then proceeded to the phone and stood there for 20 seconds and got the second laugh (And the rest is history).

Afrocious

I DID IT!!!

Ok so I will add my experience.

None of the walking stuff mattered. I had the game paused for a while when the baby laughed the first time. Also, I saw the ghost in the mirror, walked around a bit, sat still for a while, and I even ran into the ghost again.

Suddenly while walking towards the front door the baby giggled again. I freaked out because it was the first time that happened so I ran to the phone and chilled. Then the baby giggled the third time and the phone rang.

The only thing I can confirm that changed it was having a headset in and making sure I was connected to PSN. Even with a headset, it didnt work because I was having internet troubles. When I got my internet working, it worked.

I still think folks are genuinely being chosen for something.

Who was the first person to see the ending? I'm curious in the process that lead to the whole world knowing about the ending the day this thing came out. Kojima was probably pissed off lol. Such a great game though, you know when next gen comes around this will be one of those memorable experiences you think back on.

Panthers

for all of you who have finished this:

Do you want to keep playing even though you've unlocked the ending, and if so, why and what would you like to see taken from this teaser and implemented into Silent Hills?

Im not an old Silent Hill fan (I need to play them) but I will say that this little demo scared the crap out of me. I like the first person approach and the pure sense of horror. Seeing the ghost in the mirror or window, use of the music and audio in general, and the sense of pure helplessness was amazing. I mean I was not in control in any way. I think that is the biggest thing to take from this. We still dont have a clear way of beating it. Its out of our hands. We had no control

It was like an interactive horror movie, and I loved it.

Ok, while I was typing this the phone rang and I nearly crapped myself.

Who was the first person to see the ending? I'm curious in the process that lead to the whole world knowing about the ending the day this thing came out. Kojima was probably pissed off lol. Such a great game though, you know when next gen comes around this will be one of those memorable experiences you think back on.

I can't remember her username, but it was someone over twitch who had like, 6 people watching her play. I think it's up on Youtube somewhere.

FINALLY.

Okay, 10 step trick worked as usual. Then nothing. Wondered to the radio, nothing, bathroom, nothing, entrance, nothing. Park myself in front of the phone for three more hauntings. Nothing. Pause. Literally right when I press the pause button I get a second giggle. Left the pause screen, vibrations, third, phone rings. I did connect a mic this time, for the record.

I feel accomplished. Best advertising for a game I've ever seen.

cchum

I still think folks are genuinely being chosen for something.

Did it first time.
Tried the second for about an hour and couldn't get it.
Tried the sequence I mentioned and triggered it once or twice.

For that 3rd giggle, I made sure to say something a little louder when the hunting started and the creepy noises come. So I pretended to be scared and said Omg and Oh No a few times and boom there it was :)

I didn't say shit lol. Just left controller still on bed.

It's tracking something though

Alucrid

Banned
I did the ten step cry, then stood in front of the phone and put my mic on a speaker playing the bombcast. Then it started to rumble. So basically let the game listen to that podcast.

vpance

I didn't say shit lol. Just left controller still on bed.

It's tracking something though

Maybe your mic still picked up some noise though.

At the very least having it plugged in helps, we know this. Possibly where you stand needs to be wherever she's haunting too. She was right by the phone with me while I was waiting.

Holy FUCK guys I just figured it all out.

So upon completion you'll hear this guy rambling all about how his dad went and killed everybody.

That's all fine and good. Except for the fact that if you play the game, you know that this guy only killed the weeping woman, the little girl, and the fucking fetus. SO who is this guy's voice? I've reached a concluesion:

voice = silent hill series itself
dad = konami/kojima
new toys = the fox engine
same kind of games = same kind of games

guess what? silent hill will be coming back!

Holy FUCK guys I just figured it all out.

So upon completion you'll hear this guy rambling all about how his dad went and killed everybody.

That's all fine and good. Except for the fact that if you play the game, you know that this guy only killed the weeping woman, the little girl, and the fucking fetus. SO who is this guy's voice? I've reached a concluesion:

voice = silent hill series itself
dad = konami/kojima
new toys = the fox engine
same kind of games = same kind of games

guess what? silent hill will be coming back!

The radio says he killed a son as well. Great theory though. :p

eso76

Steady hands? Means the game tries to understand if you're shaking or not ?? :-D

What's the list of the backward hints/riddles again ?

Vodh

Holy fuck. I've spoiled myself about this being Silent Hill, but knew nothing besides that.

I've just played this thing for the first time.

It's 1AM here. I'm alone in my room, lights off, it's raining outside, wearing headphones.

I thought the fetus in the sink was creepy. The ghost/zombie made me jump and yank my headphones off my head. Quit shortly after.

I'm going to come back to this. Maybe on Saturday, in broad daylight. Thinking of running some music in the background. Maybe get someone I really, really trust to hold my hand.

Panthers

Holy fuck. I've spoiled myself about this being Silent Hill, but knew nothing besides that.

I've just played this thing for the first time.

It's 1AM here. I'm alone in my room, lights off, it's raining outside, wearing headphones.

I thought the fetus in the sink was creepy. The ghost/zombie made me jump and yank my headphones off my head. Quit shortly after.

I'm going to come back to this. Maybe on Saturday, in broad daylight. Thinking of running some music in the background. Maybe get someone I really, really trust to hold my hand.

Good idea. It gets worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom