• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD = LR (barely edge CD since I don't like the LR Hey Mama :p)
WTT
Graduation
MBDTF
808's

He used to be better, but his stuff is still better than 98% out there to me. And despite my placing of 808's, it still has one of my top 3 Ye songs in Street Lights.

Really liking WTT. IMA and Paris both go hard. Church in the Wild, Lift Off (dat production) and That's My Bitch are great too.

Now let's see what it's got for longevity.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Paris_V2-nahright.jpg

Cover for the next single. LETS GO. The video for this song should just be compilation of people banging their heads in their cars.

cacophony

I wish That's My Bitch or Murder were the next singles. I like Why I Love You but it sounds too much like the Cassius song. Same with WGSM.

YoungHav

Banned
ok Hiphop GAF. I will be a man and admit. This album has made me respect Kanye West as an MC more and I prefer it over MBDTF. I feel like with this album Kanye stepped it up as far as not engaging in the behavior I've criticized him for since Graduation. He comes off as a more serious MC and there are only less than a handful of songs I can't tolerate him on.

As much as I dislike Kanye as a person, him and Jay-Z are important as fuck because they are part of a handful of niggaz that are relevant to the mainstream and yet can keep it real and put out whatever the fuck they want. I absolutely despise how the whole Lupe/Lasers shit went down. I nearly shed a gangsta tear listening to The Cool this week. I am afraid that if Jay-Z dies before his time, REAL rap music on the mainstream level will be lost forever. Yes "real" rap will always live but I would like it if these artists made the money they deserve, rather than some crappy ass Laffy Taffy or Stanky Laig.

Two songs that have stood out to me in Jay-Z's career are Meet The Parents (Jay-Z rarely storytells) and Murder To Excellence (nice pro-black social commentary song). The latter impresses me a lot and Kanye did his thing also. Jay-Z is more problack than Obama.

YoungHav said:
Two songs that have stood out to me in Jay-Z's career are Meet The Parents (Jay-Z rarely storytells) and Murder To Excellence (nice pro-black social commentary song). The latter impresses me a lot and Kanye did his thing also. Jay-Z is more problack than Obama.
Nothing beats My Chain Heavy by Kanye. Ye is one of the few mainstream artists who speaks pro-black social commentary in his songs.

YoungHav

Banned
MWS Natural said:
Nothing beats My Chain Heavy by Kanye. Ye is one of the few mainstream artists who speaks pro-black social commentary in his songs.
I'll give a listen right after I clap these Commies in BFBC2 Vietnam.

What I've always appreciated about Roc-A-Fella records is/was that Jay-Z/Dame/Biggs were so rich they gave their artists artistic freedom no matter how "unmarketable" they were. Too many rappers are stuck with labels that want to appeal to people that don't even appreciate rap music. I am still pissed off about Lasers, Nas' label troubles etc... Execs don't respect the culture for the most part.

hahahaha

Alec Baldwin defends daughter over love for Jay-Z and Kanye West

Alec Baldwin has come to the defense of his teenage daughter Ireland after she was criticized for quoting the controversial title of a Jay-Z and Kanye West song on her Twitter page.

Ireland Baldwin, the actor’s child with ex-wife Kim Basinger, was expressing her love for the rap superstars and their joint album Watch The Throne when she came under fire for using the offensive ‘N’ word without censorship.

In a post on Sunday, the 16 year old wrote, “I love Jay-z. And Kanye. Together. I want to see them in Vegas! Who’s coming with me?!”

She then simply tweeted, “N**gas In Paris- Jay-Z/Kanye”, referring to the title of her favorite tune – but followers unaware of the track quickly hit out at Ireland and branded her a racist.

Her father Alec, who was also unfamiliar with the song, quickly tried to smooth over the controversy by attempting to explain his daughter’s choice of words, writing on his Twitter page, “‘N**gas In Paris- Jay-Z/Kanye’ think this is reference 2 (sic) a celebration of hip-hop music in France. Just clearin’ that up.”

Ireland immediately corrected her dad, prompting him to condemn those who had been quick to judge his only child. He wrote, “Anyone who thinks that quoting the title of that song is racist is a disgrace. To the human race.”

And Ireland attempted to put the issue to rest by reluctantly apologizing for her actions.

In a series of tweets, she wrote, “Man if you slip once on twitter, people start flipping a s**t… I had no right to use the word and I apologize if I offended anyone. But I was just writing the title of a song. No need to bash me.

“Whatever man, I still love Kanye and Jay-Z. And the album. And the song… This s**t’s CRAY (crazy)!!!! Ireland Baldwin is a racist everybody. who knew!”

also, after realizing it's the name of a song:

Alec Baldwin's twitter said:
I love that song NIGGAS IN PARIS!!! I love Kanye!! I love @IrelandBBaldwin most of all!!!

Alec Baldwin's twitter said:
Kanye and I are doing a song called NIGGAS IN MONTAUK. My album is called MY BEAUTIFUL PALE TWISTED FANTASY.

Sai-kun

Banned
cacophony said:
I wish That's My Bitch or Murder were the next singles. I like Why I Love You but it sounds too much like the Cassius song. Same with WGSM.

That's My Bitch <3 the best song. I wish it or Niggas in Paris would be the next singles!

YoungHav

Banned
yo Jay-Z went in on some of these verses. Kills his verse on Made In America. That scales of justice (socioeconomics)/restorin order/coke scales metaphor is sick.

Bread

Banned
YoungHav said:
yo Jay-Z went in on some of these verses. Kills his verse on Made In America. That scales of justice (socioeconomics)/restorin order/coke scales metaphor is sick.
Jay's verse on Made in America is one of the worst verses I've ever heard.

m3k

ive been travelling with wtt on my ipod for the past few weeks... i like the joy, niggas in paris, murder to excellence and who gon stop me

ham remix was better and i already listened to thats my bitch when it was leaked, didnt know at the time it was gonna be on the cd

anyways i forget which song but when kanyes rapping bout hes gonna make his son republican so people know he loves white people is a mad line... anyway its an alright cd, its not superb but id like another colabo

Bread

Banned
DominoKid said:
whats up yaya, i'm just boiling some agua

first impression: for real jay??? *unchecks in iTunes*
no PAPA
bad SANTA
the streets raised me, pardon my bad manners!

so stupid

yencid

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gyimah-Gariba/126439264110018

The artists page

and if you go through his blogspot he tells the story between some of the pictures. Some (like H.A.M are personal to him)

Track #10 "Murder To Excellence" .One of my favorites -I was having a hard time thinking of a good concept for it but my buddy Freddy (who's art you should check out if you haven't already) helped me narrow it down and this is what came of it(I had totally forgotten that Jay-z shot his brother for stealing his jewellery at 12 O_O)...Anyway hope you like it . Enjoy

Track #9 Who Gon Stop Me off of Watch The Throne (Jay-z and Kanye West's joint album) . This one was really fun -There's a famous' rappers skull in the foreground .If you picked up on it and know who it is props to you lol. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom