• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J.K. Simmons is Commissioner Gordon in "Justice League," MCU fans riot in the streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I think the only thing I have seen him in in the last 5 years is Terminator Genisys, where he was just as bad as Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke.

I should probably watch more movies.

Off Topic: How do Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke keep getting such high-profile parts despite having no discernible talent? It's like Sam Worthington has suddenly undergone mass mitosis and given rise to two smaller versions of himself.

I think the only thing I have seen him in in the last 5 years is Terminator Genisys, where he was just as bad as Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke.

Off Topic: How do Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke keep getting such high-profile parts despite having no discernible talent? It's like Sam Worthington has suddenly undergone mass mitosis and given rise to two smaller versions of himself.

I actually really like Jason Clarke. Jai Courtney I totally agree with you though.

Ahasverus

Jai looks great on Suicide Squad

Jai looks like he actually has a personality in Suicide Squad

Ahasverus

Cc_VxEKUIAEW9vg.jpg

Magwik

Banned
As it turns out all that they needed to do to get a good performance out of Jai Courtney was cast him as an irredeemable douche.
All they needed to do was give him an Aussie role. Him having to put up American accents definitely doesn't help his delivery or charisma.

J.K. was never going to reprise JJJ. That said I'm super psyched for this. Oldman as JJJ would be hilarious. But regardless of who is JJJ, I want Matt Damon as Eddie Brock
Nah dude. Leo as Vic Sage
Playing the best character on the best CBM in history, what a bullet.

puh-lease.gif
Fuck man, cast her as Leslie Thompkins
I hate that I love you, Robert Roberts.
Ridiculous. Bobby is short for Bobbert

Pau

That's someone I would have never thought of, but okay let's see how it goes. :eek:

More importantly, is his daughter going to be in the DCCU too? :(

Toxi

Banned
That's gonna be fucking great. JK Simmons is a fantastic actor and I can easily imagine him in this role.

As for J Jonah Jameson... I imagine Simmons doesn't want to be tied to one particular role he played a decade ago.

Bleepey

I talked shit about Sam Worthington just as much as the next man, the words charisma vacuum were used often, that said he was awesome in Sabotage. Didn't realise it was him.

I feel like I'm the only person who thinks that Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon was a complete and utter waste of a great actor. What an amazingly boring part.

Blader

Nope, early word was that he was already dead in this universe which sounded incredibly dumb. Glad to hear he's in JL.

I wonder if the reason they're casting Gordon now is they originally did have him dead in BvS (whether stated to be that way or that's just what Terrio had in mind while writing), and then they changed their minds when they started on JL.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I don't think cranston has ever been good outside of BB. He was awful in godzilla, the whole movie was awful, but he disappointed me especially because I expected something more from the man.
He'd have been a great Gordon though.

I don't think cranston has ever been good outside of BB. He was awful in godzilla, the whole movie was awful, but he disappointed me especially because I expected something more from the man.
He'd have been a great Gordon though.

Yes.
No.
maybe...
I don't knooooowwww, can you repeat the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom